one time, 300k to advertise this game??

maxfiles

I see that admin has added the code from Trukz for the link offer. 300k is not much for a large nation, and infact its nothing at all. For a small brand new nation it will help.. sure.. but thats all. and as we know alot of the small new nations dont stay around long anyways... This should be upgraded for the nations that have been here for more then 6 months, and for nations that have been around for a year or two.

I suggest that a referral system be created for the game. I'm sure that many would advertise if there was some benefit to their nation.

I would suggest a 30 day holdback to ensure the nations are not being created just for the referral bonus, and if someone was running a multi, 30 days is enough time to check that info... as I'm sure a nation 300 days old is not going to do a multi for some free money or tech. Those that have put the time and effort into the game usually take care in how they do things with their nations.

for example someone signs up using the affiliate link which would be related to your nation ID or ruler name, then you would be notified ingame of someone signing up using your affiliate link.

If for example after they signed up they went inactive and got deleted then you would not get that money or tech as they have not become an active player in the game.

now when it comes to the holdback info, I would suggest that they would have to be active and show activity other then collecting and paying bills. I would suggest they have to buy infra and have more then 100 infra, a FA deal of money more then 500k. Most alliances have startup aid.

Fact remains that in the past year and 3 months I have been here there is apx 3000 less people playing this game. I am suggesting a way to help increase those numbers somehow, otherwise this game will eventually fizzle out.

I suggest that there be a progessive award scale based on your nations NS, perhaps just use the infra jump scales, and give the option of tech or money. For example a nation less then 1k ns 100k cash or 5 tech, 1k ns - 2k ns 300k or 10 tech.. and so on and so on..

It would give people more of REAL incentive to actually advertise the game.

I have a few sites that get traffic, but for one time bonus of 300k to advertise this game. I'm sorry, for larger nations thats laughable and an insult.

300K is a lolbonus, I agree. We're at 27.7K as I type this, and it looks like we're net -100 members per day for the last stretch of days.

There should be a good bonus for bringing in a player that lasts 30 days that isn't a multi and something to allow for better defensive abilities in the game. If it took a 3:1 hit to have a chance to take down a properly defended nation, then we wouldn't have curbstomp wars: we'd have real, gripping, long-lasting struggles. That's gameplay, right there.

I did it and took the 300k bonus, sure 300k isn't much but it was still worth it. This game does need more advertising though... I do have an idea though, how difficult would it be to create a stripped down version as a Facebook/Myspace application and then advertise all the stuff you can do with the full version of the game?

300K is just a pat on the shoulder, but it was worth a try. But the fact remains that those who wish to advertice for CN have allready done it without wanting a reward from it and 300k is not enough for someone to do it for the bonus.

Is there any statistics on the results of this advertice campaign?

I agree that it might be more effective to give nations a small bonus for everyone that joins CN thru their link (with an added bonus if they last a while). Only problem I can think of is that some recruiting nations would grow very fast if they got a lot of people to join using their link. But that is a small price to pay to get more people to join our little universe here.

Something also needs to be done with the interface, it's to hard for a newbie to figure out how to play this game, not to mention that most of the game play is on offsite forums.

Have anyone stumbled upon this game and kept playing whitout anyone recomending it to you? I would think not, it's to complicated to start at the main page gives no info about the gameplay before you sign up. There are some cool pictures of tanks and nukes, but that really doesn't help or reflect the game properly.

When a game both needs people to be convinced by exisiting players to join in and need experienced players to tell them how to play as well, then I'm not supprised that we are loosing players.

I came in because someone mentioned to me that they heard this was like A CERTAIN OTHER ONLINE GAME with war. I left that other game and kept playing this one because I got recruited into an alliance early on.

If you're not in an alliance from the get-go, you're lost.

Yes zzzptm, I think most of us came directly from the game that shall not be named.

When I first started I got some help and a few tips so by the end of my grace period where I had to go out of peacemode I had allready found myself an alliance.

We need to tell the new players much more about CN. I remember seeing one player who has been in peace mode for 120 days because he feared being attacked, and another player who had 5 improvement slots, with 5 Guerrilla camps.

Not much players here are going to stick around here after being gang banged by other rouge players. It hurts me how many new players doesn't want to join an alliance, get blasted, and then quit CN.

I like both the ideas of a referal system to a point and also I think a stripped down version of the game as a facebook/myspace application would encourage people to play the actual game.

I agree with you, but the drawback to those applications is that you are very limited to what you can do on them. I'm not so sure, but I think there's a myspace application called Nation Wars. I heard that it was kind of like CN, except you couldn't do much with it. Regardless, I think that an application for facebook/myspace would really encourage people to play CN.

I agree with you, but the drawback to those applications is that you are very limited to what you can do on them. I'm not so sure, but I think there's a myspace application called Nation Wars. I heard that it was kind of like CN, except you couldn't do much with it. Regardless, I think that an application for facebook/myspace would really encourage people to play CN.

It wouldn't have to be complex, just having infra, land, tech, and soldiers would allow basic play and then we could advertise the main version as having alliances, wonders, trading, improvements, nukes, tanks, etc.

I don't know what the coding would involve, but given the number of apps that get pumped out and the simplicity of CN it couldn't be too difficult.

It wouldn't have to be complex, just having infra, land, tech, and soldiers would allow basic play and then we could advertise the main version as having alliances, wonders, trading, improvements, nukes, tanks, etc.

I don't know what the coding would involve, but given the number of apps that get pumped out and the simplicity of CN it couldn't be too difficult.

If they were part of the main game, low-level tech raiders would scour the n00bs on Facebook and then turn around and sell off their ill-got gains. If the FULL interface could be plugged into Facebook, then that community would play the game as it is.

Hopefully, with a bunch of new players, some things could get shaken up in a good way.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=274781

A nation roughly at the 50% mark. 1500 infra.

Notice his infra/tech levels, and realize that while 300,000 might be trivial to you and I, for most nations (probably half, so 15,000 or so) it is a somewhat large chunk of money.

(I brought up this concern when the policy was first shown and got slapped down by Justitia and Admin, as like you all, I did not realize just how many nations have small infra levels, where that 300k actually IS a relevant amount of money)

This issue has been brought up repeatedly. Admin is very clear that he is quite happy with the level of response that he is getting from the link offer requests and has no plans to increase the benefits. Quit complaining! Any of you ever heard of the saying 'don't ever look a gift horse...'??