CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Railguns are actually very simple technology, the single problem being the power source.

Railguns need humongous amounts of power, and thus can only be eomployed as stationary emplacements or on ships with the necessary power generating capabilities - such as battleships.

Similarly, your robots/cyborgs would have issues with power. They could at most function for an hour or so before needing to replenish batteries, unless they have a portable power plant with them that can power them.

Which is unlikely, because the only ones that would be strong enough are fission and fusion. Former Canada had immense advancements in fission technology, building a nuclear plant that was a mere 20 or so tons heavy and less than 3 cubic metres in size. Those are now in possession of Tahoe and Viniland, who could thus feasibly employ tanks with railguns.

Cyborgs or Robots? No way. The power generation stays the single biggest issue, unless you magically invent batteries that can power it for days. Additionally! The robots would need to be remote-controlled, and it is very likely that a hit or two in the torso would make it fall down, because even today it's hard to get a robot on two legs reliable while walking, let alone while running.

I could add about a billion other reasons, but I'm just going to say, once and for all, that even the most modern nations in CNRP would have a hard time fielding a robot army.

Edit: So IF you can build a robot army...How much does one soldier cost? Sophisticated computer components, joints, materials, power source, et cetera.

Easily above 300,000$, while a modern US-Army recruit costs mere 70,000 in the 12 basic weeks of training. Robots also add additional logistical problems, such as spare parts, repairing/salvage teams, making sure they're fueled and so on.

Humans are simply superior to robot soldiers. Human reproduction is cheaper, though it takes longer, but a hundred human soldiers are trained quickly, while the assembly of a single robot soldier may take days - days in which a human can learn to use a gun and then be used as militia.

Metal is harder, stronger, faster.

Flesh is determined, reliable (if trained), easily 'assembled' (trained), amongst other things. Most importantly: A human is comparatively cheap.

Boy, that sure m,akes me feel valuable... :P

Hmm hows this then for the idea.

Rather than have a full army of them I will have say 50 max. The will be built like they are from the movie but only have a life time of an hour after which they will shut down and need to be recovered. Weaponary will be made up of light support weapons so grenade launchers, machine guns etc and wielded two handed not one handed like the movies. Computer programming will consist of only making the unit move and shoot anything that is hostile on the IFF. The main purpose of them is for shock and awe tactics, they are a little bit more resistant than flesh and are fearless so will go into fire humans wouldn't.

Would that be ok?

Well if you want to practically waste billions I wouldn't see a problem with it.
Hmm, let's see what he'll have to do...

Research the main bodies, the programming, get them to work together properly, make them able to identify enemies, et cetera.

Equip them with guns.

Keep them fueled/powered, transport them (they're much heavier than humans, obviously), repair/upkeep them, keep spareparts ready and a lot of other things I probably can't think of.

All in all, the project may cost anywhere from 100 million to 5+ billion. A lot of money for 50 units, and there's better possibilities for "Shock and Awe".

I know it's unlikely to ever happen but if well rp'd and it is possible there is no reason to stop someone.

Heck. LVN did it when he was still Rp'ing as Imperial Wellington. But even he RP'd only having a few dozen, at most, iirc.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: BTW, Kevz, that picture in your avatar...is that one of the elite female soldiers guarding Davies?

OOC: yep ^.^ who deson't like a woman in uniform packing some serious firepower. Mmmm.

Edited by King Kevz

OOC: BTW, Kevz, that picture in your avatar...is that one of the elite female soldiers guarding Davies?
OOC: yep ^.^ who deson't like a woman in uniform packing some serious firepower. Mmmm.

No need for OOC tags. :P

Anyways, Megan Fox or Jessica Alba in uniform packing some serious firepower...now, that's a thought. :3

Edited by JEDCJT

Hey, if mykep had a daughter with someone else you can. Megan Fox and the child she is having are going to be my main characters in a while.

Did you talk it over with mykep? He said that Megan was yours, but the daughter could be mine if need be.

I smell a divorce trial.

Did you talk it over with mykep? He said that Megan was yours, but the daughter could be mine if need be.

I smell a divorce trial.

Mykep is dead. Sarah brutally murdered him, after stealing his innocence, so Megan Fox is a widow.

Edit: Lol, it was self defense.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Mykep is dead. Sarah brutally murdered him, after stealing his innocence, so Megan Fox is a widow.

Edit: Lol, it was self defense.

I know, I PMed him (before he was banned) and then Emailed him. He said the daughter was his playable charcter, and was willing to give it to me.

I couldnt find that thread, where he died. Did him or Sarah make it?