CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

You forgot the

More importantly, you forgot that Project RHO is run by Winchell Chung. What are his credentials?

What a brilliant man. The site is dedicated to science fiction authors and game designers, written by someone who was famous for drawing some tanks on a board game thirty-four years ago.

That doesn't make the math wrong, he's worked together with other people and accepts corrections to the site.

If you can do the math any better, I suggest you do, instead of trying to appear important by insulting other people and claiming that you know better than them.

I am simply providing a source in an attempt to settle the argument, and seeing how he took the time to do the equations and catalog information, I trust him over you, seeing how you have provided no sources and consistently answer people's ideas with sarcasm aimed to belittle their ideas.

Edited by BaronUberstein

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, the source on that is bonkered. Second, that it is even tagged as written like a personal essay means that it was essentially original research.

Third, and this is guesswork (which means feel free to ignore what I say).. wouldn't the sun's magnetic field assist the EMP? After all, the source only says deep space and without a magnetic field.

That doesn't make the math wrong, he's worked together with other people and accepts corrections to the sights.

If you can do the math any better, I suggest you do, instead of trying to appear important by insulting other people and claiming that you know better than them.

It also doesn't make the math right. When in a debate, you put credible sources in front of you. Not a science fiction author with no credentials whatsoever. I have never claimed to know better than anybody. I don't see myself as an expert. I don't cite people who have no professional relation to the subject.

Edited by Sargun

First of all, the source on that is bonkered. Second, that it is even tagged as written like a personal essay means that it was essentially original research.

Third, and this is guesswork (which means feel free to ignore what I say).. wouldn't the sun's magnetic field assist the EMP? After all, the source only says deep space and without a magnetic field.

No. it says Strong planetary magnetic field. I'm willing to discount the word planetary...but how strong is the sun's fied by the time it reaches out to Earth's or Mars' orbit?

Also, i don;t see how it's tagged as a persaonal essay when it says 'department of defense.'

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

No. it says Strong planetary magnetic field. I'm willing to discount the word planetary...but how strong is the sun's fied by the time it reaches out to Earth's or Mars' orbit?

Also, i don;t see how it's tagged as a persaonal essay when it says 'department of defense.'

At the very top..

This article is written like a personal reflection or essay and may require cleanup. Please help improve it by rewriting it in an encyclopedic style. (October 2009)

Moreover, the DoD link is dead. :P

So, this Christmas RP I'm doing:

Near the end, I am probably going to call open season on it all, because it will be sort of a world wide event.

I'll need a bunch of people to help with some weird technological things, which will be purchased, probably need to be made specially, and done in secret, as to not expose Komeil as Santa. Anyone who's interested in that can just say so here, please

Hooray :awesome:

Near the end, I am probably going to call open season on it all, because it will be sort of a world wide event.

I'll need a bunch of people to help with some weird technological things, which will be purchased, probably need to be made specially, and done in secret, as to not expose Komeil as Santa. Anyone who's interested in that can just say so here, please

Dr. Kettenheim always likes a new project. He could design your insane engine idea. :P

SCIENCE.

Can I expose Komeil as Santa in the end?

Please? :awesome: