CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Far as I can tell, there's no penalty for failed spy rolls.

Successful rolls get you into the nation and get some basic information about obtaining your goal. After that it's all RP. Make a mistake, and the roll means nothing.

Ok, great. Would this mean I'd be able to do tangible damage to my target, or just find out information? Also, what is the policy on attempting on a National leader's life? Attempting, not taking, as I understand that most would not want a simple spy roll to allow another to kill their character.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, great. Would this mean I'd be able to do tangible damage to my target, or just find out information? Also, what is the policy on attempting on a National leader's life? Attempting, not taking, as I understand that most would not want a simple spy roll to allow another to kill their character.

Successful spy roll or not there is no killing of national leaders without the RPer's consent. Unless their leader is in a flaming plane with clothing doused in gasoline while 20 nuclear bombs hit their position, and the RPer put them in that dangerous position, knowingly, in the first place. Then they are dead, consent or no.

Nuke a capital, and its still on consent basis though.

Would I be able to force my target to RP a scenario where an operative of mine gets within spitting distance of her target, only to be hindered at the last second? A success would be for my operative to quickly escape the situation and make it back to the NoN without my target finding out where the assassin came from.

Would I be able to force my target to RP a scenario where an operative of mine gets within spitting distance of her target, only to be hindered at the last second? A success would be for my operative to quickly escape the situation and make it back to the NoN without my target finding out where the assassin came from.

You would still have to do the spy roll and RP out the attempt, but yes, you could, as long as you RP'd it out properly.

Shouldn't a failed roll result in the spy getting caught? Think about the entire purpose, rolling would not be to find out it can be done, it would be finding out if it worked, there is an automatic attempt in real life, and in game you do not have the option to 'see if it will work' in game or in real life.

The entire mechanic insinuates that there has to be a spy attempt in the first place, erego, a failed spy attempt would result in a captured spy, not a mulligan. Just my two cents.

That's something no one ever said before.

If all spy rolls have no drawback to them, why don't we just use spy rolls all the time? I could try to hack into RSSN and if I fail, who cares? I can keep doing it until I get it right because the way it is now, the system is spammable and the rolls are just an inconvenience until you actually get one.

And he would have the capability to counter spy roll to expose your operation..

The whole point of the roll's success is not that I kill my target leader, but that when I fail, the operative escapes unharmed and unidentified... who would my target select to spy on if they are not meta gaming?

Also, this was hypothetical at most, and I intended to follow the standing rules on spy rolls, hence, no penalties XD

PS: I've talked to my 'target' and we both deemed my idea a good one, but for the future... I renegg my above post.

Edited by Executive Minister

Lynneth can you please provide full details on these stealth planes here. Thank you.

Look into my factbook.

But because I'm nice, I'm gonna post their specs here.

th_XF_190_firebird_by_bagera3005.png

33.png

The COFFIN System.
Made possible by cameras mounted around the aircraft's Pilot Center and body, along with an array of screens, patterned in a 360-degree sphere within the pilot center. The pilot is also completely conscious and not connected to their aircraft. The Pilot Center's Front Panels somewhat reduce the pilots view.

Look into my factbook.

But because I'm nice, I'm gonna post their specs here.

th_XF_190_firebird_by_bagera3005.png

33.png

The COFFIN System.
Made possible by cameras mounted around the aircraft's Pilot Center and body, along with an array of screens, patterned in a 360-degree sphere within the pilot center. The pilot is also completely conscious and not connected to their aircraft. The Pilot Center's Front Panels somewhat reduce the pilots view.

Thanks. I had known it was in your fact book I wouldn't have asked sorry. However, none of those details describe how it is a stealth craft so could you explain how it is please.

Thanks. I had known it was in your fact book I wouldn't have asked sorry. However, none of those details describe how it is a stealth craft so could you explain how it is please.

Look at the shape.

The interior hardpoints.

Then go to wiki and read up on what mades stealthy planes stealthy. Amongst these things is "being almost invisible to radar", "radar-absorbing materials", and others.

Look at the shape.

The interior hardpoints.

Then go to wiki and read up on what mades stealthy planes stealthy. Amongst these things is "being almost invisible to radar", "radar-absorbing materials", and others.

I guessed that you would have that but your description states that it also has exterior hardpoints which I am guessing would at the very least reduce the aircraft's ability for stealth unless of course you arn't using them but then why have them on the aircraft?

Other than that I can find no problems with your aircraft or the RP made, though I can now see many players spam building their aircraft into stealth aircraft and having no losses.

I guessed that you would have that but your description states that it also has exterior hardpoints which I am guessing would at the very least reduce the aircraft's ability for stealth unless of course you arn't using them but then why have them on the aircraft?

Other than that I can find no problems with your aircraft or the RP made, though I can now see many players spam building their aircraft into stealth aircraft and having no losses.

The exterior hardpoints are optional, obviously. They can be opened to attach a missile, but can also be closed.

Like with any such plane.

There's also numerous things you can use against stealth. Anti-measures, etc.

But those I will let you find out yourself.

Edited by Lynneth

The exterior hardpoints are optional, obviously. They can be opened to attach a missile, but can also be closed.

Like with any such plane.

There's also numerous things you can use against stealth. Anti-measures, etc.

But those I will let you find out yourself.

Pro-tip to beat stealth: Very low frequency RADAR. That will give you a location on the plane and then you can use your higher frequency RADAR to zero in on the plane/planes and track it. It's how the Bosnians shot down a F-117. Only problem is low frequency RADAR dishes are very, VERY big.

Pro-tip to beat stealth: Very low frequency RADAR. That will give you a location on the plane and then you can use your higher frequency RADAR to zero in on the plane/planes and track it. It's how the Bosnians shot down a F-117. Only problem is low frequency RADAR dishes are very, VERY big.

AKA, big targets... :P