CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Just another example of Messed Up CN Tech. Like why is the F-35 before the F-15 in the Purchase Ladder, when the F-15 is like 30 years older? But another debate for another forum. :P

Well, the F-15 is a much better air superiority fighter then the F-35, even if the F-35 is more advanced technologically.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have them in-game, you have them here. O_o

the technology lapse can be explained by public knowledge of the airplanes for.. some reason

Tech year. The game has modern helicopters before WWII planes in the bomber list, or more concisely, admin has no good tech scale.
In game, you probably have the Lightning I.

Rather than create some huge arguement, as long as I use my IG numbers and insert a 1984 or before Fighter in that slot, I should be alright?

Well, he can make the acid. Just not effective at all. Just rule that.

Best to jsut get flak, missiles, and machineguns. And planes.

So far no one has said why its not effective. Corroding pieces of aircraft that need to fly over a thousand miles round trip might be something to consider <_<

Edited by Tahsir Re

So far no one has said why its not effective. Corroding pieces of aircraft that need to fly over a thousand miles round trip might be something to consider <_<

It takes too long. A plane slowly corroding will be able to drop it's bombs, or aim it's self to crash into something before it dies, where as a giant artillery shell through the side will turn it into relatively harmless hot, metal confetti.

It takes too long. A plane slowly corroding will be able to drop it's bombs, or aim it's self to crash into something before it dies, where as a giant artillery shell through the side will turn it into relatively harmless hot, metal confetti.

Since I dont have the tech to fire a super missle into the super planes of CNRP I can't do that. Also most planes are more expensive than 95% of the possible targets in my nation.

I have done the calcs, and simply it will need about 500-1000 of Tahsirs missiles to have any noticeable effect. The plane will get back, and continue to fly.

Since I dont have the tech to fire a super missle into the super planes of CNRP I can't do that. Also most planes are more expensive than 95% of the possible targets in my nation.

If you can hit them with a 100m radius acid cloud, why not use a missile?

Wouldn't it be expensive I mean really expensive to produce acid shells as you would need to produce a shell that can hold the acid inside without it burning through the actual shell and yet still able to burst open and spray whatever you hit once the shell explodes.

Also another effect... gravity. Wouldn't a lot of that acid miss the aircraft and you know fall downwards? Acid Rain anyone. <_<

Wouldn't it be expensive I mean really expensive to produce acid shells as you would need to produce a shell that can hold the acid inside without it burning through the actual shell and yet still able to burst open and spray whatever you hit once the shell explodes.

Also another effect... gravity. Wouldn't a lot of that acid miss the aircraft and you know fall downwards? Acid Rain anyone. <_<

We'll never know because I never got to feild testing.

After thinking about it some... We should have allowed him to rp the testing of it. Any objections could have been raised in private with him or a game master.

It is one thing to be right, but another thing to wreck someone's rp even before they've had a chance to demonstrate where it was going. I think we all know the idea of using acid based missiles is absurd, and I suspect Tashir does as well. Now is he going to admit that on an open forum with all sorts of people ripping on him?

Let's work on taking our objections to PM in the future. Because while everyone has an opinion the entire world doesn't need to be subjected to it repeatedly all over the forum.

What's wrong with acid? I made a piece of artillery (though not shown b/c Imageshack won't accept Sketchup files) that was developed to be stationary. If somebody could help me convert from Sketchup to something jpeg, then I'd show ya'll.

Acid needs to be concentrated, so some kind of water bomb device is useable, (although still in efficient) but making a giant cloud of the stuff is not going to do anything.

Slightly unrelated, slightly related. If you sprayed a bunch of infantry with battery acid, would that be effective or not?

Batteries haven't used acid for years. It's too dangerous for too little result. Most modern batteries use different chemicals, like potassium hydroxide, to strip electrons from the anode.

So, it's not an acid in batteries (I hate it when people say there is), and it usually isn't strong enough of a base to make lye, unless it's in a highly concentrated aqueous solution.

So yah, it wouldn't do a whole lot :v:

Batteries haven't used acid for years. It's too dangerous for too little result. Most modern batteries use different chemicals, like potassium hydroxide, to strip electrons from the anode.

So, it's not an acid in batteries (I hate it when people say there is), and it usually isn't strong enough of a base to make lye, unless it's in a highly concentrated aqueous solution.

Apart from lead acid batteries....

My cousin nearly lost his eyesight from battery acid splashing him in the eye a few weeks ago.

My cousin nearly lost his eyesight from battery acid splashing him in the eye a few weeks ago.

Eyes = a very sensitive spot and cna be easily damaged. Hell im sure dust being blown into your eyes can be just as bad. The important point is.... where safety googles next time.

Eyes = a very sensitive spot and cna be easily damaged. Hell im sure dust being blown into your eyes can be just as bad. The important point is.... where safety googles next time.

I wasn't referring to the potency of battery acid, just the fact that it is still around.

Can a player retroactively decide the timing of an event to prevent another event that a player has already posted?

For example react to an event by saying that their event happened before hand.

Player A: I shoot you with my heat ray

Player B: I have heatproof armour

Player A: I stole that armour beforehand so you don't.

Edited by Vasili Markov

Can a player retroactively decide the timing of an event to prevent another event that a player has already posted?

For example react to an event by saying that their event happened before hand.

Player A: I shoot you with my heat ray

Player B: I have heatproof armour

Player A: I stole that armour beforehand so you don't.

Thats cheating, however, posting a logical response during a action which requires revision of a follow on action is ok.

Player 1: I did A, which takes 6 hours, then when thats done, I do B

Player 2: While you were doing A, I communicated with you, and said, keep doing A and C happens.

Player 1 now has the option of either still trying to do A, and potentially B, as long as C does not stop them, or can stop doing A (and also B) and C will not happen.

Basically, player 1 auto'd the success of A, which is normally ok if its a benign action, however, its perfectly good for someone to say, hey, you have to over come this.