General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

Same here. Especially larger Nations will have more Aircraft.

And even with the Construction Bonus Resourse, the Foreign Air Base, and maximum aircraft carriers, you're still not close to what any fully modern 1st world nation has in the way of an air force.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Your in-game air force is counted as your CNRP airforce. However, once you reach the size of a very large and developed nation, one plane may count as one squadron.

That was already up there; it's a little less than what you were using, but then again these aren't strict rules and it's just a guideline. I see nothing wrong with what you're doing.

So I've been thinking of RPing for some time now and with the holidays approaching what better time is there?

I've been thinking though - a nation as large as mine doesn't tend to just spring out of no where and doing so would also not allow me to RP some of the aspects I am most proud of about my nation. After some thought I came up with a potential solution - however before doing so I'm interested in checking if it's okay with others here since it's a bit out of the ordinary.

The general gist of it is that I roleplay for a short period as a multinational corporation, one that has more or less always existed but only recently become in the news more and more (this is so that I can retain my nation's rich heritage) - I don't claim land for a while instead any locations RP'd would probably be in high security secret locations in unclaimed territories - or my public headquarters which I'd presumably establish in an existing nation (I'm thinking perhaps uberstein as his nation seems it would appreciate a capitalist mega-corporation with a leaning towards evil). After a period (probably after my exams) I would decide to simply aquire a nation of my own to run our entire company from - largely to avoid taxes and laws in many nations.

I have fiddled with the idea of constructing a reinforced concrete monstrosity in the ocean somewhere as an artificial island - perhaps somewhere between the size of Kyuushuu (37000 square km) to sicily (25000 square km). Doing so would require an RP of its construction I believe and would not be instantaneous or perfect. (I may have comparitivaly godlike tech to most people here but that doesn't mean I can do everything :P - but I do have construction as a resource if that counts). Considering my nation's in game SoI literally covers the globe (I went over the point where it glitches and draws no circle but even not counting that it's still some 6000miles or something it doesn't seem absurd area wise) Failing this idea I'd see about purchasing some of the lands I like or something.

Now about that heritage I blabbed about earlier-

I've had at least three nukes at any time since I first got them back in around early may (give or take but it was before GWI) at a time when the requirements were 100 infra and 10 tech. As such my nation is relatively a pioneering researching into nuclear technologies.

All of my warheads have been updated from a-bombs to h-bombs.

Due to this nuclear history - I intend to roleplay my corporation/nation as a leader in nuclear physics research, development and related technologies (ie reactors and the like).

Considering I'm probably the only private corporation to maintain it's own nuclear stockpile and that I have a rather large private military, built and designed by our own company, military technologies will be a highlight of my technological area of expertise.

Assuming I go the artificial island route - I will probably be able to mine underwater resources (ie iron as per my nation) and perhaps discover some kind of underwater spice (my other native).

My nation will be primarily focused on advanced scientific research and applications of such.

This means I'll probably RP some stuff such as perhaps my own HAARP, satellite telescopes.

This suits a nation with high tech levels in my opinion - especially as it grows.

Industrial capacity - a corporation primarily makes money by selling items and patents. It seems logical to follow this on to the nation. At least initially. This will mean that the ability to mass produce advanced designs will be required to distribute to the world.

Infrastructure capable of supporting both the populations and the logistic requirements of the corporate nation.

Individual rights will probably be a bit lower than other places, things like medicine and healthcare will not be brilliant - certainly far above most nation's level's but compared to another nation of similar level probably a little lower.

Also initially most raw materials and resources will have to be sourced externally - at least until I can work out a viable solution.

questions/comments/etc

Edited by Shan Revan

An artificial island...Interesting, indeed.

I like your concept.

Just a little note: I appeared basically out of nowhere, at first a weakened nation coming out of a revolution.

Clicky

I'm not much behind you, so blah. But I'm just throwing a bit info around. I'd like to see you execute your plan.

Actually, I practice intense protectionism for Ubersteinian companies. The entire island of Mariehamm is owned by *surprise surprise* Mariehamm Armored Inc. 1/8th of the factories in the Uberstein Empire are owned by that company, 5/8 by the state, and the rest by smaller Ubersteinian companies, with a single shared above-ground factory for international companies. It's about a mile long and 1/2 a mile wide, and curves in a U shape, because Uberstein likes having all the foreign companies in one place at the same time incase he needs to blow it up. :awesome:

K-25_Aerial.jpg

(That is the K-25 building from WWII)

Edited by BaronUberstein

Don't bite my head off, but would anyone mind if I RP a highly experimental nuclear weapon. Pretty much the Davy Crockett, but for RP.Davy Crockett Nuclear Weapon

Don't worry, my experiments will be bad in the end.

For anyone intrested, the only thing stopping me have them in game is the 5% thing.

Possibly, but i wont have any soldiers stupid enough to go within a mile of the damned thing :D

Seriously though, my main train of thought on this was that it is entirely a defensive weapon, seing as that is as far as my 'research' will take me until i am in the top 5%, which will take a while. I mean, what use is a 35kg nuclear device with a maximum range of 1.5 miles to an attacking army?

Edited by Silhouette

That's certainly a very interesting concept to say the least .

Well it was the most interesting one I came up with for sure.

An artificial island...Interesting, indeed.

I like your concept.

Just a little note: I appeared basically out of nowhere, at first a weakened nation coming out of a revolution.

Clicky

I'm not much behind you, so blah. But I'm just throwing a bit info around. I'd like to see you execute your plan.

It bothered me to have the world wake up and find a 1st world nation just materialised on the news with their breakfast. Also I wanted an excuse for the nuke thing mostly.

Actually, I practice intense protectionism for Ubersteinian companies. The entire island of Mariehamm is owned by *surprise surprise* Mariehamm Armored Inc. 1/8th of the factories in the Uberstein Empire are owned by that company, 5/8 by the state, and the rest by smaller Ubersteinian companies, with a single shared above-ground factory for international companies. It's about a mile long and 1/2 a mile wide, and curves in a U shape, because Uberstein likes having all the foreign companies in one place at the same time incase he needs to blow it up. :awesome:

Hmm - whilst that probably would provide excellent motivation to "move out" of uberstein - I think I'll just skip the idea entirely and just not disclose which nation if any the headquarters is based in. Obviously being a multi-national corp would imply that my assets would be dispersed worldwide in some form.

Yeah there are several large nations our size here, and most of them quite a bit of though put into them, but I must say, only uberstien has more thought in it than you.

Also, I bought my latest wonder, jumped to 5700 miles, and it glitched...

damn.

Just you wait and see the designs for the artificial island. Being a student of engineering I couldn't help but do some research (not that I am bothering to or even capable of realisitically engineering such a feat) and think out the construction process rather thouroughly.

Don't bite my head off, but would anyone mind if I RP a highly experimental nuclear weapon. Pretty much the Davy Crockett, but for RP.Davy Crockett Nuclear Weapon

Don't worry, my experiments will be bad in the end.

For anyone intrested, the only thing stopping me have them in game is the 5% thing.

Isn't that kind of like saying the only reason you don't meet the requirements is because you don't meet the requirements?

Anyway - assuming there are no further comments or questions next time I get on, I think I'll start going with it. I'm going to just hit the ground running as if I always existed in the background as planned - I would appreciate if you all would go along with that.

Okay. Should the New Byzantine Empire acquire the lands of Colstream, as a protectorate? All in favor, raise your hands.

*raises hand up in the air*

If it's in the same line as what has happened to Australia, then yes.

However, if you're governing the land, then no.

So, we're going to disregard the last wishes of a nation. Even though we let Kaiser do what he wanted (aside from the 'blow europe up' thing). SoI doesn't matter in things like this. Would he govern effectively? No. Would he still own it? Yes. I say let him have it, and if you guys want to take it by force then do so. But is it up to you to decide what happens to his nation when he wants to leave? No.

In-game Sphere of Influence is for claiming land and taking it by force. Having land ceded to you is a completely different thing.

Let him have it, he won't be having it for long.

So, we're going to disregard the last wishes of a nation. Even though we let Kaiser do what he wanted (aside from the 'blow europe up' thing). SoI doesn't matter in things like this. Would he govern effectively? No. Would he still own it? Yes. I say let him have it, and if you guys want to take it by force then do so. But is it up to you to decide what happens to his nation when he wants to leave? No.

In-game Sphere of Influence is for claiming land and taking it by force. Having land ceded to you is a completely different thing.

Let him have it, he won't be having it for long.

The great Sargun speaks! :awesome:

What do you mean by the last line, though? :huh:

Listen: when Josh the Great turned Dell Land and Sri Lanka over to Kanteero some time ago, you all didn't even bat an eye. Now, Colstream wishes to turn over its territory to the New Byzantine Empire, and you all start picking on me? What's up with that? <_<

Edited by JEDCJT

The great Sargun speaks! :awesome:

What do you mean by the last line, though? :huh:

Do you really expect people who just lost their entire government only to be forced onto another one will really be happy about this? Riots, strikes, shortages abound.. unless you go USSR on them they'll probably revolt anyway.

Not to mention if a new country claims the land, he'd give it up anyway. Right? :awesome:

Edited by Sargun

Do you really expect people who just lost their entire government only to be forced onto another one will really be happy about this? Riots, strikes, shortages abound.. unless you go USSR on them they'll probably revolt anyway.

Not to mention if a new country claims the land, he'd give it up anyway. Right? :awesome:

Yes, you can say that. ^_^ That, and lets let Colstream decide what to do with its territory, k?

Listen: when Josh the Great turned Dell Land and Sri Lanka over to Kanteero some time ago, you all didn't even bat an eye. Now, Colstream wishes to turn over its territory to the New Byzantine Empire, and you all start picking on me? What's up with that? <_<

I was just about to bring this up..