Defeat=victory

Smallfrog

I attacked a guy, and lost the battle. However, I destroyed 20 infra, took cash, tech etc, yet gave him money in abandoned equipment. :unsure:

I attacked again and the same thing happened. Lost the battle but gained a load of stuff.

I'm not complaining, its nice to win battles, but its a bit odd.

screenshot

EDIT: Love the soldier modifier though, nice work.

Edited by Smallfrog

you don't understand what he was saying, read the OP again.

I don't see what I have missed.

Abandoned equipment always goes loser->winner. But if the attacker loses, they might still hit tech, land, and infra. This is common and intentional.

I don't see what I have missed.

Abandoned equipment always goes loser->winner. But if the attacker loses, they might still hit tech, land, and infra. This is common and intentional.

You are correct, it is intentional, but I have gone with the suggestion to halve the raid totals if the outcome was a defeat.

You are correct, it is intentional, but I have gone with the suggestion to halve the raid totals if the outcome was a defeat.

And what of rewording Retreated but took land? If you don't fix it, you'll be stuck with an old oxymoron that's annoyed me for as long as I've played CN.

perhaps "razed" land should actually be destroyed in defeat rather than captured. That wording has bothered me for a while as well...

also, lol @ trashing everything. Maybe like setting self-destructs on that abandoned equipment :P

I find it hard to define "defeat" as losing pocket change on the battlefield. Defeats should be based on casualties, not what random money/equipment is left on the war path

Pocket change?

That was a good 10% of my money reserves. lol.

I find it hard to define "defeat" as losing pocket change on the battlefield. Defeats should be based on casualties, not what random money/equipment is left on the war path

Basing it on casualties is a bad idea. Who won WWI? who sustained more casualties?