losing income...

Gma4567

So, I recently made the 2k infra jump, and i used an online calculator to determine how much i would need to save to make the jump. It told me I would need about 3.3 mil. I saved this much up, and then I made the jump, which brought me to about 2,150 infra. Since then I have climbed to 2,200 infra, and ever since making the jump, my income has declined sharply. The fact that 'events' are conspiring against me doesn't help.

I used to make ~500k on taxes per day, and I payed ~200k in bills. Now, with close to double the infra i had then, I get ~650k in taxes, and I pay ~450k in bills.

This may be completely normal, but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something catastrophically wrong.

Also, because of my trade circle, I get a lot of benefits that go toward reducing costs, rather than increasing income.

Citizens: 15,388 Working Citizens

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $138.56 (A solid economy)

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $38.79

Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes) $99.77

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=222862

well, i looked at an improvements guide, and something seemed amiss to me. It said to get banks and stadiums before schools, which I did, but then, I looked again and i realizd that schools will actually get me more income that stadiums or banks will.

well, i looked at an improvements guide, and something seemed amiss to me. It said to get banks and stadiums before schools, which I did, but then, I looked again and i realizd that schools will actually get me more income that stadiums or banks will.

That something amiss appears to be your math. How does a school giving a 5% boost yield more income than a bank providing a 7% increase? :blink:

Let's use $50 as citizen income prior to buying any banks, stadiums or schools. If you followed the improvement guide, you should have 5 banks and 4 stadiums. Stadiums give a +3 happiness boost. 4 would yield 12 happiness which at a base of $2 a point would increase citizen income by $24 to $74. The $74 would then have been modified by the 5 banks or $74.00*1.35 which equals $99.90.

Now looking at what you actually have. You have 5 banks, 1 stadium and 2 schools. The stadium will add +3 happiness or at the base of $2 a point $6 to citizen income for a total of $56. This would then be modified by your 5 banks and 3 schools or $56.00*1.35*1.15 which equals $86.94. So what you have makes almost $10.00 less in citizen income.

Of course that is all barring environment effect which affects income derived from happiness. So depending on what your environment score is, it may be possible for a school to yield more than a stadium at some point in the schedule, though at the lower income levels, the stadiums +3 happiness represents a 12% increase on $50. Even figuring environment affects this 12% (an environment score of 12) means the $6 from stadium happiness will still yield $5.26 which is still better than 10% on $50. Granted the affect of the stadium does drop as income rises it's still hard seeing a school being better than a stadium. And there is no way a school is yielding more income than a bank.

Edited by Count Rupert

It depends on how you calculate it. My back-of-the-envelope numbers, including the income multiplier from having banks, show a stadium pulling in about 3,700/day more than a school in tax revenues.

Boosting your tech level may also help your income. With microchips, having 100 tech costs you less than 3 million, so you can still make money in tech trading.

You need to buy some more Stadiums.

You are increasing your income modifier a lot with banks, schools, universities, foreign ministries, and the harbor. Increasing the base income buy getting Stadiums will make your income go up a LOT.

Ok, I decommed 1 school and I got a stadium instead, then I got another stadium when i got my next available improvement and now I have 3 stadiums and 2 schools, and I get $42 per person.

I suppose you could consider this problem more or less fixed. I guess the reason i didn't see that this would work before was because I thought that stadiums affected the final income as opposed to the base income.

nevermind, the guy who i was trading with just dropped off the face of planet bob so now I have to find a replacement or else I am stuck at 34 per citizen as opposed to 42.

Edited by Gma4567

You need to buy some more Stadiums.

You are increasing your income modifier a lot with banks, schools, universities, foreign ministries, and the harbor. Increasing the base income buy getting Stadiums will make your income go up a LOT.

This is true.

Do what I did when I was your size.

Ditch the factories. Get stadiums/schools/clinics etc instead. Only buy factories after you've saved enough to buy a large chunk of income.

When I did this, my income doubled, swapping factories payed for itself in like 8 days, so I'd wait about 16, then swap out and buy some infra. Rinse repeat to to the 3k jump, and start labor camp swapping. Once you get enough infra to buy all the +population and +income except for the +1 happiness ones, keep the factories then.

And seriously the order you buy improvements right now (schools vs. stadiums) is trivial compared to the HUGE gains you'll get from follow my advice.

It's an interesting point that the original post mentions. I seem to recall the same issue using any calculator for the 2k jump in particular. With my nation, the math told me that it would never be worth it. Of course, that does not take into consideration the fact that you can buy improvements, as already discussed plenty in this thread.

I intended a long time ago to update an infra jump calculator with the effects of buying new improvements...but I think it's safe to say now that that will never happen ;)

Do what I did when I was your size.

Ditch the factories. Get stadiums/schools/clinics etc instead. Only buy factories after you've saved enough to buy a large chunk of income.

When I did this, my income doubled, swapping factories payed for itself in like 8 days, so I'd wait about 16, then swap out and buy some infra. Rinse repeat to to the 3k jump, and start labor camp swapping. Once you get enough infra to buy all the +population and +income except for the +1 happiness ones, keep the factories then.

And seriously the order you buy improvements right now (schools vs. stadiums) is trivial compared to the HUGE gains you'll get from follow my advice.

Ye... that's what I did, listen to him ^_^