OOC: RP Navies

LeVentNoir

Riyzar, do you even rp?

The biggest rping nation is Rebel Army with 130k citizens. a 100x multi plier moves that to 13mil, an intelligent number..

No I don't, but I figured I could still make suggestions. 13 million is extremely small for a nation, especially one that is considered the biggest.

Now I understand that with roleplaying the real world doesn't matter at all, but take a look at the most populated cities here

Those are just cities, not top nations, with more than 13 million people.

Someone tell me if I am missing something.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I still RP which what in-game gives me, so my nation the size of southern Africa has a population oif 40,000.

As for navies, while Transvaal has never been a fan of RP navies, I guess we'll (grudgenly) need to build a navy now that in-game navies will be a reality.

I propose we all claim the laws of physics were changed, and everyone's ships sank, and some need to be rebuilt for the new waters. I sure know I RP a MUCH bigger navy than I could get ingame because when most of your land is within 50 miles of the Mediterranean, it's expected of you to have a large navy. You simply can't transition that.

Edit: or perhaps some idiot nuked the moon, and temporarily changed the tides.

Edited by Gebiv

I propose we all claim the laws of physics were changed, and everyone's ships sank, and some need to be rebuilt for the new waters. I sure know I RP a MUCH bigger navy than I could get ingame because when most of your land is within 50 miles of the Mediterranean, it's expected of you to have a large navy. You simply can't transition that.

Edit: or perhaps some idiot nuked the moon, and temporarily changed the tides.

...Or suddenly everyone realized their ships were completely outdated and decided to build new ones.

...Or suddenly everyone realized their ships were completely outdated and decided to build new ones.

That's boring. Everyone knows game updates are supposed to be the equivalent of natural disasters.

No I don't, but I figured I could still make suggestions..

Someone tell me if I am missing something.

You don't rp, hence are not entitled to an opinion on rping.

I sure know I RP a MUCH bigger navy than I could get ingame because when most of your land is within 50 miles of the Mediterranean, it's expected of you to have a large navy. You simply can't transition that.

Funnily enough, mine was about the same size as the one i can buy...

One simple proposal I'd like to suggest about RPing with in-game navies is this:

Quite simply, a nation must have a Landing Ship in-game to transport troops across water.

So if Transvaal (in Africa) wants to send troops to Tahoe (in North America) or Deutschland (in Europe) in an RP situation, I would require at least one Landing Ship in my fleet to do so.

Edited by Botha

One simple proposal I'd like to suggest about RPing with in-game navies is this:

Quite simply, a nation must have a Landing Ship in-game to transport troops across water.

So if Transvaal (in Africa) wants to send troops to Tahoe (in North America) or Deutschland (in Europe) in an RP situation, I would require at least one Landing Ship in my fleet to do so.

totally agree. Other wise, your overseas deployents are limited to air liftable units.

You don't rp, hence are not entitled to an opinion on rping.

That's actually a little arrogant.

In any case, 100x times the actual amount seems fair, whilst 1000x times does not. A nation with a fleet of 60 aircraft, 15,000 soldiers, and no tanks (mine) seems pretty good for my in-game number of 53,000 citizens then translated into 5.3 million citizens and 150,000 soldiers.

I think I should start RPing...

I though you were at 10k infra and he was at 8.5k....

Or maybe Lavo's at 11k infra with 2.2k tech and I'm at 13k infra with 3.9k tech. In terms of infra and tech, I'm the largest RPer hands down. Land on the other hand, is a different matter seeing as how I've got a -10% land event. :wacko:

Or maybe Lavo's at 11k infra with 2.2k tech and I'm at 13k infra with 3.9k tech. In terms of infra and tech, I'm the largest RPer hands down. Land on the other hand, is a different matter seeing as how I've got a -10% land event. :wacko:

Hmm. Well then I must have been confused. Oh well. At least this will stop small nations rushing to help each other, fielding carriers etc.

So so far we have.

Your RP citizens is equal to 100x your in game citizens. The multiplier doesn't apply to any other aspects.

You can only rp the ships you own in game.

You cannot deploy over seas without owning a landing ship in game, unless you specifically airlift the force (of an inteligent size... Like no tank..)

Just a question about the RP stuff. I have a somewhat extensive wiki for my nation (which I will now have to revise a lot). Should I put my official nation stats in the info box and just RP everything else? Also, can I put RP events into my nations history if I'm involved? I am not sure of the official 'rules' of RP.

Edited by USNA

Not really, Nz has 4mil and an army

comprises around 4,500 regular personnel and 2,500 non-regulars and civilians.

So your 15,000 is fine.

EDIT: Checked the us army, and that has a force of 500,00 regulars and 500,000 non regulars. So that is about 1 in 300, where as my nation (with a 100x on the citizens and none on the soldiers) would be 60,000 out of 7,000,000, about 1 in 100, so it seems fine, and i am running max troops.

no need for a multiplier of the soldiers.

Edited by LeVentNoir

I am a semi active RPer and have 11K infra and 3.5K tech. with 500 more miles of land even with my two -10% events.

Oh, and I agree with multipliers and RPing your existing navy...and I hate mechs and won't have them.

Edited by Machiabelly