Why would I want to swap LCs?

ArgonV

Ok, here's the deal.

Without LCs, my income is 3.4 million per day and my bills are just under 2 million. With LCs, my income is 3.2 million and bills are just under 1 million. With Labor Camps I make about 700.000 per day more. Is the missing 200.000 really worth all that trouble swapping them and being inactive for longer amounts of time?

yes, yes it is. because you pay the bills at just under 1 million for x amount of days, preferably 19 if you have the balls. then you demolish them and collect taxes. you gain 200k for every day, or 3,800,000 in your case. you get a net gain of 3,050,000 after re-building the labor camps, or you can go 2 days more of collecting and not paying bills and gain 4,200,000 and then build the labor camps again.

always swap when you can. the point is to pay the bills WITH the camps, then destroy them to collect taxes.

Edited by Keak Da Sneak

yes, yes it is. because you pay the bills at just under 1 million for x amount of days, preferably 19 if you have the balls. then you demolish them and collect taxes. you gain 200k for every day, or 3,800,000 in your case. you get a net gain of 3,050,000 after re-building the labor camps, or you can go 2 days more of collecting and not paying bills and gain 4,200,000 and then build the labor camps again.

always swap when you can. the point is to pay the bills WITH the camps, then destroy them to collect taxes.

This man is right.

Swapping above a certain infra level is necessary to not be left behind in the ranks. For me, it is now (and has been for a while) profitable to even swap GC's.

I don't do it, because being inactive for long periods of time leaves you in danger of attack. An extra 3m over 20 days is basicaly nothing, I make over 80m in that period getting an extra 3 isn't going to matter, however being attacked at 18 days inactive and collecting in Anarchy will really cost me big time. Not worth the risk imho.

Well, you could just get a great monument. It still give you the negative effects of anarchy, but at least it is what your people want. The positive effects of the swaps would still leave you gaining money than losing it. I agree it is risky, but it is still profitable after a couple days, and your nation probably makes about 5 million a day when collecting at full potential with the wonders you have. Maybe more if you had beer + ff + construction, but you could probably profit after 2 days of collection because I know people who gain 400k a day from just deleting their camps and not swapping because they have all the improvements already, so even after 2 days they profit 50k after they replace the camps. The cost of 5 camps is 150k each, or 750k for 5, so when you break that number in terms of money gained, that is when you can do your swap and profit from it. Everyone should swap, and if you don't you won't go far. Obviously I'm still too small to swap, but as soon as I get my trades sorted out and jump 1k infra I'll start doing it on 19 day cycles while doing tech deals. It is the fastest way to grow hands down.

At very high infra you gain way more than 3 mil. I get over 1 million per day from dropping the laborcamps. I can profit 21.5 million doing 22 day swaps. Also buying more infra barely profits me. It is almost a must to wait 20 days paying bills then buy infra. The savings in bills is much more than buying more infra every day. If I go to 15000 infra I will only gain in net each day about 600,000 which is very little compared to the cost of buying another 1000 infra. Thus I make more at my 14000 infra doing labor camp swaps then I do at 15000 infra not doing them.

I don't do it, because being inactive for long periods of time leaves you in danger of attack. An extra 3m over 20 days is basicaly nothing, I make over 80m in that period getting an extra 3 isn't going to matter, however being attacked at 18 days inactive and collecting in Anarchy will really cost me big time. Not worth the risk imho.

But what you can do, at least with the economic wonders, is buy them on day 19 of your cycle. Then collect for 11 days in a row, and follow it with another 19 day cycle. This way you are collecting 2/3 of your taxes all the time on extra income.

In my opinion that is worth the risk.

Edited by Drai

So defcon, threat level, and government swap. I also swap soldiers too (for environment when collecting).

Been doing it for years. LC swaping is the only way to go for more bang for your buck. You pay the bills cheaper with LC, and collect more on taxes without. You can also keep a larger bankroll, wait a week or so paying bills with the LC, then dump the remainder of the cash into infra before dropping the LC and collecting. It doesn't get you much more cash once you pass a certain infra level, but still is a solid way to make infra jumps.

think about it this way. given your current improvements, you can take out your 5 LCs and switch them for 5 churchs. With LCs being -1 happiness each, and churchs being +1 happiness, the opportunity cost is a total swing of 10 happiness, or $41.52 of income (given perfect environment).

So every day you don't labor swap, not only are you losing out on the 50% infra upkeep cost discount, you're also losing out on an additional $41.52 per citizen of additional income.

For my nation, I actually profit from doing an LC swap every day... That is, the happiness for the LC's is more than $750,000 (though not much)

So technically I could swap every day but I don't.... Holding longer cycles is better (damn bad event)

you should really swap LC every 5-10 days. That way you won't lose that much when buying the labor camps. buying 5 labor camps costs 750 000. doing it every day costs alot. Doing it every 10 days costs only 750 000 per 10 days instead of 7 500 000 per 10 days, get it?

I save alot by swapping LCs. My infrastructure bills would otherwise be like 5-6 millions, but instead they are 2.5 millions.

I'd be supprised if anybody was daft enough to attack even a 13 day inactive MCXA member who's big enough to begin swapping

at that size most players will have been playing the game long enough to understand how it works

I lose about 400k-500k a day from having 5 labor camps.

It costs me 150 * 5 = 750k to swap labor camps. So even if I alternate paying bills every other day I still make money by swapping for labor camps. If I swap over 10 days, I make over 3 million extra.