Sign in to follow this  
Gma4567

What does o/ mean?

k. I assumed it was something along those lines.

o/ o/

.o/

/|

./\

I always imagine it as something like that

Edited by steodonn

it makes more sense if you use the space bar instead of periods. ;)

Don't spaces not get registered beyond the first one in forum posts?

For instance:

1 Space

5 Spaces.

Try it yourself. Unless of course that worked. In that case I'd look like an idiot.

Edited by Gma4567

I always just assumed it was a salute, essentially. o/

Always looked a bit %&$# like to me, actually.

Tecnically, it's Roman. They just stole it... like pretty much every other symbol they used.

All the people in this thread have been telling you nothing but lies.

To find out what it really means press ctrl+alt+del twice and you shall see :awesome:

(but seriously don't, it's just a raw representation of someone hailing)

hey before WWII Americans during the pledge of alliegence use to stick their hand out for the Roman salute. It was during hitler's reign it changed to right hand over the heart.

Pledge_salue.jpg

Edited by Emperor Rick

chalk that one up as another FAIL for America...

Coincidentally, fail rhymes with hail...

chalk that one up as another FAIL for America...

Um... why? Is there something intrinsically wrong with that salute?

No, but I was referring to the fact that we always criticize the %&$#s and whatnot, when just earlier we had been doing something that they did, and we just completely swept it under the rug like so many other things.

Also, I am apparently the only person at my school who sees Boy Scouts as the American version of the Hitler Youth.

No, but I was referring to the fact that we always criticize the %&$#s and whatnot, when just earlier we had been doing something that they did, and we just completely swept it under the rug like so many other things.

Also, I am apparently the only person at my school who sees Boy Scouts as the American version of the Hitler Youth.

I'm an Eagle Scout, by the way.

Edited by Delta1212

The roman salute is a weak way of linking us and the %&$#s, but yeah, I see your point.

I'm an Eagle Scout, by the way.

o7 Boy Scouts.

I didn't know the o7 was a salute; this was a perfect opportunity to try it.

Also, we drive automobiles.. and so did the Germans. And food.. we ate some of the same foods as they did. Also, clothing-- Pants for men, Dresses/Skirts etc worn by women. I could really go on and on... movies. music. socks.

The point is-- Is %&$#-ism really dead? Or did it just go underground? Is the truth now coming forth? have the Germans undermined vitually every nation on Earth? Was this the true final solution? Discuss..

Basically I am saying America sucks in more ways than one... would you like to dispute that?

Basically I am saying America sucks in more ways than one... would you like to dispute that?

Benjamin Franklin does not approve of this post. <_<

Its got some stuff going for it, but it is FAR from perfect, and America practices revisionist history all the time (Read: columbus and the native american genocide, etc.)

Anyway, I am done with this thread.

Its got some stuff going for it, but it is FAR from perfect, and America practices revisionist history all the time (Read: columbus and the native american genocide, etc.)

Anyway, I am done with this thread.

Wow this got off-topic fast.

EDITED TO ADD: Hell, it got Godwined in the first page. That's pretty bad.

Edited by Geoffron X