Cruise missile attack shuts down browser

shotgunlucky

Can you try it with Internet Explorer? I ask because a cm lauch runs a sound file and your Firefox might not like it too much. If you get the same error with IE then you might want to see if your sound drivers need to be updated. Where there is a war going on and lots of cms going back and forth I'm putting my four years of tech school on the line here to say that it probably isn't a bug with the game but more likely an issue either with your browser or your sound drivers (for either a sound card or integrated sound as is typical on a lot of Intel chip machines).

The latest version as in Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1?

If that is the case, it's more than likely that it's the test version of Firefox that is the problem, not the cybernations game.

Try to instal an older and more stable version of Firefox instead.

I have never experienced the CM wav file playing whilst using FF on my pc/laptop - however when I have logged on from my gf's laptop that uses IE I experienced the Wav file of the CM. Funnily enough; just last week I started hearing the wav file of CMs on my computer which uses FF....

In all honesty the Wav bugs the !@#$ out of me. Nothing in CN has associated sounds so Im glad admin has dropped the wav with CMs (and hopefully I wont experience it again)....

In all honesty the Wav bugs the !@#$ out of me. Nothing in CN has associated sounds so Im glad admin has dropped the wav with CMs (and hopefully I wont experience it again)....

This is why I removed it. I know it's probably the OP's computer but it's just not worth having a single sound file in the game, when nothing else has sound, if people are having trouble with it.

I should also like to note that like Bill n Ted, I too first heard the wav file only a few weeks ago, running Firefox (now at version 2.0.0.14) all along. I'm guessing that that last update of Firefox is what allowed the wav file to play.

I also agree with the explosion sound for nukes. It would be :awesome:

I think sounds for all attacks would make CN a bit more interesting, and if you dont wont them, make it so that they can be turned off by the indv. nation. This spices up the war screen, and makes everyone happy cuase if they dont want it, or dont like it. They can trun it off.

My suggestions for each battle\ spy op.

Ground battle: Gun fire and screems

CM: Keep it the same

Air Raid: Airplane engine and machine guns, and also the sound of a plane falling out of the sky

Nukes: Go to youtube and search for nuclear explosions, find the awesomest sounding one there.

Spies: Keyboard\typing and a cash register

Of course these could all be modified to fit if the attempt was succesful or complete failure, but that would be more than what is really needed.

I have had trouble with this before too. I updated my sound drivers and after that it stopped playing. I think it's just Firefox thats causing the problems. Maybe Firefox 3 will fix it.