Request to The Legion's Leadership

Eryllian

Good evening to those in power within The Legion.  Given that your alliance has a charter against tech raiding, I presume it also covers rogue actors nuking independent nations?  While nations are known to test the boundaries with raiding unaligned nations, and such raids are not unexpected or unexperienced, is there no line against the unprompted use of WMDs?  One of your Legionnaires, graphonomy, appears to be crossing that line, given that he attacked with the following "I will nuke you everyday, starting from tomorrow. hit back until you can lol." and "LOL. Let's see how much you can tolerate" after nuking our nation.   

The soldiers of Lyonara are proudly and valiantly bloodying these invaders, and will continue to do so as long as is necessary.  That said, there is no reason for this bloodshed and stain on The Legion's reputation.  We humbly request the alliance step in to police their member or explain how this behavior does not violate their charter.

Best regards,

Eryllian

Nuking is considered a standard tool of war in CN, and using them if you have them is common practice. It's too late for this war, but I would strongly encourage you to trade with someone who has access to Uranium, purchase the Manhattan Project, and begin developing nukes, if for no other reason than to defend yourself from situations like this.

Also, if you don't want to join another alliance then that's fine, but I would strongly recommend forming your own micro alliance, and then reaching out to bigger alliances for protection. You're basically a sitting duck as long as you're completely unaligned.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:51 PM, Eryllian said:

Good evening to those in power within The Legion.  Given that your alliance has a charter against tech raiding, I presume it also covers rogue actors nuking independent nations?  While nations are known to test the boundaries with raiding unaligned nations, and such raids are not unexpected or unexperienced, is there no line against the unprompted use of WMDs?  One of your Legionnaires, graphonomy, appears to be crossing that line, given that he attacked with the following "I will nuke you everyday, starting from tomorrow. hit back until you can lol." and "LOL. Let's see how much you can tolerate" after nuking our nation.   

The soldiers of Lyonara are proudly and valiantly bloodying these invaders, and will continue to do so as long as is necessary.  That said, there is no reason for this bloodshed and stain on The Legion's reputation.  We humbly request the alliance step in to police their member or explain how this behavior does not violate their charter.

Best regards,

Eryllian

I mean no offense to you when I say this. 

But read between the lines

And go somewhere else

Edited by Lucius Optimus

The Legion should try be consistent with its own regulations (and they might be doing it, as far as I know, I didn't check).

If they instead decided not to care anymore, well, that might hint at how bad this game has become.

In other words, as Lucius is suggesting, it's maybe better to look for another, better game.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:51 PM, Eryllian said:

Best regards,

Eryllian

Listen, it’s hard going alone. Look to join an established AA, with an activity community, active trades and active tech dealing, who can help build you up and make the game sort of fun.

Like CCC. Follow up on this limited offer here: https://discord.gg/MhbcG3tgFy

The Legion most certainly cares jerdge. :P
That said, hi, I'm the current Imperator/Leader of The Legion. We changed our laws on raiding back in December. More specifically each target needs to be approved as there are unaligned who are protected by treaties or alliances like Johnny Apocalypse as an example.

Regarding graphs actual moral behaviour in how he speaks, we will speak to him on that. Smacktalk is ok to a point after all, but not outright mocking what is effectively a defenseless target and for that I apologize.

OK, appreciate the response and explanation.  I still think it's a bad look to come in nuking and say that you are going to continue war declaring/nuking unless the nation goes to peace mode, rather than with a desire for tech or exp raiding, but it is what it is.  He's not gaining much by it if I can help it (he's getting smacked hard regardless of how much he hits my nation), so just know it's a nice waste of alliance resources.

Best,

Eryllian