The Order of Island Nations

PresidentDavid

OOC:  What you're describing is OOC, and you're basing IC actions on that then that's a breach of the rules on the OOC IC barrier PD.  You specifically continued to refer to Jia as head of Tianxia only not Japan.  Its an insult that you don't recognize part of the government or are refusing the right to appoint ambassadors.  It'd be tantamount to saying that you wouldn't recognize Ambassadors if Obama sends them, only if Boehner, Leahy, and Roberts do, saying in your view the executive branch shouldn't have the power to the leaders of the Judicial and legislative could.  Its not up to you to say what the constitutional process in a single country is or who can send them, that's an internal affair.  By your actions and complaining about the authorities within the political structure of another country you're in effect dictating to them in a way which denies their sovereignty and therefore legitimacy as a state.  You now either have a choice to respect that and issue a profuse apology or face a continued very harsh reaction.

OOC: I'm saying that Jia can send an ambassador to represent Nippon or any other Commonwealth nation. But Jia may not send an ambassador to represent Tianxia because Tianxia isn't an island nation. I'm not really sure if we're on the same page. If you want to discuss this further than please PM me, because I'd really like to see Eva and the others involved in this. I think I just don't have the greatest grasp on the internal workings on your government. 

Edited by PresidentDavid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it astoundingly insulting that The Order of Island Nations is not recognizing the Emperor of Nippon and refuses to accept the ambassador's credentials.  It makes us wonder about this organization.

Yuan Jia I 

To Emperor Yuan Jia I and Commonwealth Nations of Tianxia 

From Anton Arnarson, President of The Order of Island Nations

Your Imperial Majesty and others posted, 

It seems I misunderstood what Your Majesty had said regarding an ambassador to be sent to represent the Commonwealth nations. Through the various translations into Icelandic, I thought Your Majesty was sending an ambassador to represent Tianxia alone - but I understand now that the Commonwealth nations are content with an ambassador from Tianxia being sent to represent them which I see no problem with at all if that is how they wish to be represented. Please forgive me for the language barrier we share and my lack of understanding of Eastern Nations. It seems I ought to freshen up on my knowledge of Eastern Political Science and law! With your acceptance, I will happily mark "The Commonwealth Nations" under the roster and add the Ambassador to the list of foreign diplomats. 

Honorable Regards,

Anton Arnarson

President of The Order of Island Nations

Edited by PresidentDavid

President Arnarson would be very grateful to Ireland and Selenarctos for the nearly charitable act. "Thank you very much gentlemen, I hope you can explain to your leaders that I and the King are very grateful for this enterprise. I can communicate form the King that trade to every Island Nation - especially Ireland and Selenarctos - is presumed to increase provided our civilian ships can make it there through international waters. I just wanted to add that in before we move on with our business. Seeing as no one has a proposal for a flag yet, I'll move onto our next order of business which is regarding general rules for Members such as not allowing genocide or other human rights violations within Member nation's borders - basic human rights things. Do I hear a second to move forward with discussion/Rule proposal on this issue?"

"The United Republic of Ireland seconds this motion."

- Ambassador James Carson

...I'll move onto our next order of business which is regarding general rules for Members such as not allowing genocide or other human rights violations within Member nation's borders - basic human rights things. Do I hear a second to move forward with discussion/Rule proposal on this issue?" 

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman, serving as an Observer, has the following questions. What exactly would be considered human rights by this organization? How would "not allowing" be administered? It was stated earlier that this was a non-military pact, but such vague language risks a violent response being justified.

"The United Republic of Ireland seconds this motion."

- Ambassador James Carson

President Arnarson would present a proposed rule and call it up for a vote. "At this time, please State your nation's preference of Yes/Aye, No/Nay, or Abstain. Iceland, votes Yes for Rule 001."

OIN Rule 001

Human Rights

No member nation shall conduct genocide of any race, ethnicity, people, or religion and no member shall ever condone rape as a "spoils of war" under any circumstances.  If a member were to ever do either of these things, then it would be the responsibility of the Order to remove said Member from the OIN as quickly as possible provided evidence existed of the crimes. 

Edited by PresidentDavid

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman, serving as an Observer, has the following questions. What exactly would be considered human rights by this organization? How would "not allowing" be administered? It was stated earlier that this was a non-military pact, but such vague language risks a violent response being justified.

"In the proposed Rule I just presented, things like genocide or 'spoils of war' rape would be considered Human Rights violations. We would, of course, enforce this by expelling a Member from the organization which would prevent them from obtaining the economic bonuses Island Nations get by being in the Order." 

Not public

The apology on Iceland's behalf would be silently noted and the two ships of the Nihon Kaigun would return to their naval base in Vitória, where they would be reintegrated into the First Fleet. While many Japanese citizens still felt that Iceland could have handled the affair better, the better rock in the middle of the North Atlantic was not worth more trouble.

iKrolm, on 26 Jan 2014 - 3:06 PM, said:
Why all this talk of choosing leaders in the Americas or Russia? Selenarctos is simply trading with Iceland. We were not aware of a three-week delay in the past, and for important cargoes in the global economy this is simply too long to wait.

-Abo Rayo, Chief of Staff

Your nation in its previous statement implied that your government was sending ships in order to show support for a government that was questioning the legitimacy of the Emperor of Japan to fulfill his responsibilities, that's an insult and a questioning of sovereignty of a Commonwealth State, internal procedures are internal procedures.  Such an act is extremely unfriendly and on par with the examples cited. 

It is unfortunate Selenarctos finds such a delay inconvenient, just like it is unfortunate it supported the questioning of a government of a commonwealth state.  Priorities for trade are in part made on the trustworthiness of the source.  With Selenarctos's extraordinarily unfriendly statements questioning he very legitimacy of the Emperor, by claiming his exercise of his authority as the Emperor of Japan and appointing an ambassador is the functional equivalent of forcing his way into an organization which invited several members of whom the Emperor is Head of State, Selenarctos unilaterally undermines the friendship of the Emperor whose signature authorizes those very treaties it is now citing.  

If Selenarctos wishes the favor the Emperor, it must do so in act, not merely citing pieces of paper on signed in a spirit it now spits on.

Upon consultation with the Ministers, the Commonwealth will not be sending an ambassador to an organization so hostile but acknowledges the Kingdom of Iceland's attempts to make amends, we hope their future actions will match their words.

-Wei Hai, Grand Secretary of the Emperor.

Your nation in its previous statement implied that your government was sending ships in order to show support for a government that was questioning the legitimacy of the Emperor of Japan to fulfill his responsibilities, that's an insult and a questioning of sovereignty of a Commonwealth State, internal procedures are internal procedures.  Such an act is extremely unfriendly and on par with the examples cited. 

It is unfortunate Selenarctos finds such a delay inconvenient, just like it is unfortunate it supported the questioning of a government of a commonwealth state.  Priorities for trade are in part made on the trustworthiness of the source.  With Selenarctos's extraordinarily unfriendly statements questioning he very legitimacy of the Emperor, by claiming his exercise of his authority as the Emperor of Japan and appointing an ambassador is the functional equivalent of forcing his way into an organization which invited several members of whom the Emperor is Head of State, Selenarctos unilaterally undermines the friendship of the Emperor whose signature authorizes those very treaties it is now citing.  

If Selenarctos wishes the favor the Emperor, it must do so in act, not merely citing pieces of paper on signed in a spirit it now spits on.

Upon consultation with the Ministers, the Commonwealth will not be sending an ambassador to an organization so hostile but acknowledges the Kingdom of Iceland's attempts to make amends, we hope their future actions will match their words.

-Wei Hai, Grand Secretary of the Emperor.

"The Grand Secretary of Tianxia is whining that not everyone licks his Emperor's boots. What will the world think of next?"

-Purportedly said by Abo Raya, through unofficial channels. Edited by iKrolm

"The proposed rule, OIN Rule 001, PASSES because a majority of members agree with it. Congratulations friends, we have denounced barbarism. Now I would like to remind other members they are free to offer new rules or regulations that they think be necessary or a benefit for us all. In addition to that, I believe the Ambassador from Ireland may have a flag to represent the Order?"

This entire affair was really supposed to have mostly been about founding The Order of Island Nations instead of Tianxia's usual attention whoring. Made thoroughly worse by their noisy scullion Quisling pets. How could any superpower be that insecure? What a childish pack of self important pompous rampallian louts. Such a comparison, of course, would be utterly insulting to a community of rampallian louts. If these fustilarion-eque alleged "people" couldn't bother to read the incredibly clear yet concise documentation they were provided in advance why bother coming to begin with? That of course assumed that anyone in the commonwealth's foreign services had collective reading above toddler levels. It was questionable if collectively anyone in governments in that cesspool excuse of a half backed coalition knew vaguely what a foreign service actually was. Certainly understanding elementary definitions of diplomacy was beyond them. Anton Arnarson  had certainly overestimated them by expecting any comprehending or understanding of a basic sentence.

By grace of Sedna that is finally over. Maybe, just maybe, something might actually get done now! 

Ambassador Christina-Amagug's mused to herself over the shameful earlier proceedings while reading through OIN Rule 001.  

Instead of doing anything slightly resembling her internal fuming she just smiled pleasantly because outwardly everything was fine.

(Note: to self, needing a more serious facial expression for a poker face)

"Bear Island's Nation of the Bear joins in voting yes concerning The Order of Island Nation's Rule 0o1."

"I must question the symbolism behind the flag. The wreath of wheat implies...good harvest? Such a symbol has been used before by communist regimes, but I doubt that is the intended meaning.  As for the circle, I can't even begin to guess. There certainly aren't as many nations in the organization as white dots, and to have a dot for every nation means the flag must be updated every time a nation joins or leaves. I am no artist, but the symbolism of a flag should be simple, to the point, and easily recognizable." Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman would pause for a moment to clean his glasses, "Of course, I am merely an observer, so if the rest of the ambassadors here feel the flag is adequate, there is little I can do. Though a discussion on the core values of the organization could help solve the symbolism issue."

Edited by BaronUberstein

"The wreath around the circle is presumably olive branches, a traditional symbol of peace. It is a fitting symbol, however it is already used by the United Nations emblem. Selenarctos complements Ireland's effort, but suggests that we use another design to avoid confusion."

-Calvin Prado

Edited by iKrolm

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman would clear his throat, "As I mentioned before, it might be more productive to discuss the organization's core values before settling on a flag. Finding appropriate symbols requires knowing what exactly you stand for. Even the colors of a flag have meaning."

"I agree that the new flag is fitting but a central design should be put in the middle. If a member could come up with something simple and implement it, I'm sure the rest of us would be much obliged. I for one, am not the most artistically inclined but am always open to suggestion and proposal."

• 3 weeks later...