The Order of Island Nations

PresidentDavid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman would be sent to represent the Fakhri-Zaahir Diarchy, and would arrive in Reykjavik via private plane.

President Arnarson would show him to his seat in the Assembly and give him a copy of the agenda, charter, and current rules and regulations enacted. 

However, we feel it prudent to mention that the Fakhiri-Zaahir Diarchy holds no military forces. . 

Ambassador Christina-Amagug tenitively raised a hand, "Bear Islands' Nation of the Bear might also somewhat be completely lacking in anything resembling formal military as well."

Edited by Generalissimo

Ambassador Christina-Amagug tenitively raised a hand, "Bear Islands' Nation of the Bear might also somewhat be completely lacking in anything resembling formal military as well."

"No worries Ambassador, this is not a military bloc. A military is not a requirement so long as Bear Islands' Nation of The Bear is a sovereign, independent nation."

Now that several other Members had joined, President Arnarson would pose a question regarding one of the items of the agenda. "Does anyone have a flag that could represent the Order? We are looking for something simple yet symbolic. Preferably using the color blue or white as a main color. I'm opening the floor to suggestions." 

Diplomatic Note of Protest

In the name of the Japanese Nation and its most august Emperor Yuan Jia I, the Empire of Japan hereby protests the treatment of the ambassador that was sent in the Emperor's name. As one of the largest Island nations in the world, with a population of almost 140 million people and as part of the great Imperial Commonwealth, such discrimination against our proud people and His Imperial Highness Yuan Jia I, Emperor of Tianxia, Japan, Meihua, the Imperial Americas (including Magellanes y Tierra del Fuego), overlord over Bahrain, is intolerable and will have serious ramifications if such unsatisfactory conduct on your organisation's part continues.

Signed,

Akechi Mitsuki, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Dear Sirs,

It has come to my attention that your organisation refused to accept the Tianxian Ambassador, on the basis that Emperor Yuan Jia I is not a ruler of islands. This, however, is factually incorrect. He rules over the nations of Nippon and Meihua which, in effect, makes him a Double-Island Ruler and thereby has a legitimate claim to this organisation. Similarly, he rules over Magellanes y Tierra del Fuego; one with this many islands surely cannot be rejected like that.

If such conduct continues, there will be serious ramifications.

Yours Faithfully,
Prince Ne Zha of Meihua

While the United Republic of Ireland is not a commonwealth nation, it does note that the Empire of Tianxia does occupy many islands, both in the Pacific and the Atlantic.

It has come to my attention that your organisation refused to accept the Tianxian Ambassador, on the basis that Emperor Yuan Jia I is not a ruler of islands. This, however, is factually incorrect. 

"An Island Nation is a nation whose capitol city, seat of government, and - if applicable - legislature is on an island. That definition is literally the among organization's founding principle. Under no metric does Tianxia actually match that qualification. Without a massive shuffling of their political structure it simply doesn't work. Islands include all land except for the Mainland of North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Antarctica, Australia, and Greenland are considered islands by this Order. That qualifier also disqualifies Tianxia. Having lots of islands doesn't actually make you an island nation by literal or historical usage of the word. Bear Island's Nation of the Bear would accept potential entrance of Tianxia if they became an island nation of their own initiative. That being said having Emperor Yuan Jia representing Nippon as their head-of-state is acceptable, in context of Nippon and specific island nations only, it certainly would never count for additional representation."
Edited by Generalissimo

In the name of the Japanese Nation and its most august Emperor Yuan Jia I, the Empire of Japan hereby protests the treatment of the ambassador that was sent in the Emperor's name. As one of the largest Island nations in the world, with a population of almost 140 million people and as part of the great Imperial Commonwealth, such discrimination against our proud people and His Imperial Highness Yuan Jia I, Emperor of Tianxia, Japan, Meihua, the Imperial Americas (including Magellanes y Tierra del Fuego), overlord over Bahrain, is intolerable and will have serious ramifications if such unsatisfactory conduct on your organisation's part continues.

Signed,

Akechi Mitsuki, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan

Dear Sirs,

It has come to my attention that your organisation refused to accept the Tianxian Ambassador, on the basis that Emperor Yuan Jia I is not a ruler of islands. This, however, is factually incorrect. He rules over the nations of Nippon and Meihua which, in effect, makes him a Double-Island Ruler and thereby has a legitimate claim to this organisation. Similarly, he rules over Magellanes y Tierra del Fuego; one with this many islands surely cannot be rejected like that.

If such conduct continues, there will be serious ramifications.

Yours Faithfully,
Prince Ne Zha of Meihua

To The Japanese Nation of Nippon and Meihua

From President Arnarson of The Order of Island Nations

Prince Ne Zha and Foreign Minister Akechi Mitsuki, 

​His Imperial Majesty Emperor Yuan Jia I is the Emperor of Tianxia and its Commonwealth - for that goes without argument; however, from my knowledge His Majesty and his government does not reside on an island nor does Tianxia's seat executive, legislative, or judicial government and furthermore an overwhelming majority of Tianxia's population does not reside on islands. If you take note of other nations, such as Legion, Gabon, the American Commonwealth, or the Kingdom of Cochin - they all reign over islands however they are not Island Nations simply because of the fact that the vast majority of their population remains on the mainland, their national governments mainly reside on the mainlands, and their nations themselves have been historically centered around the mainland. I encourage you to take note of the Fakhri-Zaahir Diarchy, a Commonwealth nation of Tianxia, who has sent their own Ambassador to represent his Island Nation; Nippon and Meihua are free to do the same in fact I even relayed that to His Majesty. 

I would like to say, however, that no one here nor myself has denied that His Majesty rules over islands. The fact being, as I have stated, that ruling over islands does not simply qualify a country for being an Island Nation. On that note, I do not have the best knowledge of Tianxia's Commonwealth system, however from what I believe to know - and correct me if I am wrong - the Emperor is the Head of State of the Commonwealth Nations but not the Head of Government? 

Anton Arnarson

President of The Order of Island Nations

Edited by PresidentDavid

OOC:  Heads of State appoint and receive ambassadors often in consultation if not completely delegating to the head of the government.  But it is the head of State.  The American Ambassador to Britain is the Ambassador to the Court of St. George not to 10 Downing.

Edited by Triyun

Non public

Under the command of Vice Admiral Kumamoto, a temporary Northern Task Force would be dispatched to the Northern Atlantic. Consisting out of battlecruisers Myōkō and Chōkai the task force included Japan's two most capable surface combattant ships, able to sail at high speed and thanks to their nuclear propulsion also over long distances. Steaming almost straight to Iceland, the two battlecruisers would halt off Flaxa Bay, just outside Icelandic territorial waters, where they would start constantly patrolling.

A message would be sent to the Reykjavik.

Special Diplomatic Communique

To whomever it concerns, in the light of recent animosity stemming from this region, directed against our nation and Emperor, our fleet will for the weeks to come, hold exercises off your coast. Our ships will of course respect your territorial waters, however, we would like to ask you to inform your fishermen to be careful when sailing near our ships, as we will be testing naval artillery from time to time. One would hope no mishaps were to happen.

Should there be any questions on your part, feel free to ask.

Signed,

Kumamoto Katsuyoshi, Vice Admiral of the Japanese Navy

A message would also be sent to the American Commonwealth informing them of the exercises.

Well strong-arming to enter an organization that consisted of scarcely a handful of nations and had one resolution to its name was certainly not what Calvin expected when he was assigned post. Luckily, a message from the President's Chief of Staff arrived for him. He cleared his throat, then read aloud:

"To support Iceland for taking the initiative to create an organization in support island of nations around the world, Selenarctos would like to propose a celebration of maritime trade in Iceland. For the next few weeks, high volumes of Selenarctos trade vessels well be stopping at and traversing the waters around Iceland, and we encourage other member nations to join us supporting trade with Iceland." Calvin paused as he read the last line-- "Uh, Chief of Staff Raya says it would be unfortunate if anything happened to the civilian vessels."

Edited by iKrolm

Dispatch from the Imperial Civil Maritime Commission.

We've received no papers or manifests for Selenarctos ships to traverse Imperial waters into the Atlantic through the northern, southern, or central routes in the Pacific or Indian.  Please submit paper work we'll get back to you in three weeks for such passage.

Regards,

The Imperial Bureaucracy.

Edited by Triyun

Dispatch from the Imperial Civil Maritime Commission.

We've received no papers or manifests for Selenarctos ships to traverse Imperial waters into the Atlantic through the northern, southern, or central routes in the Pacific or Indian.  Please submit paper work we'll get back to you in three weeks for such passage.

Regards,

The Imperial Bureaucracy.

Public protest to the all relevant Tianxia government offices:

The Selenarctos government protests this unwarranted and illegal delay to our trade vessels. Selenarctos vessels have plied the North Atlantic for longer than Tianxia has been a nation. We comply with all import and export laws, file all necessary paperwork, and disclosed manifests as required by law. The paperwork has been and will continue to be sent, we assure you, and we had assumed that the numerous trade and defense treaties between Selenarctos and Tiaxia would prevent such delays: if not, then the Selenarctos government must re-evaluate our treaty obligations. Edited by iKrolm

Unless Selenarctos is disputing Imperial Waters in the Aleutians, Panama, the Indian, and the Cape-Antarctic Passage, which would be a second interference in internal affairs in the span of a single day, its not illegal.  Either Selenarctos respects the domestic affairs of the Commonwealth or it doesn't.  There is a lot of commerce and paper work that go into running the global choke points on the Sea that we control sometimes it takes longer to process than others.  

Expecting the Empire or the Commonwealth to go out of its way to give special priority and special respect to governments who think they can choose leaders of the Commonwealth for the Commonwealth is not the sign of an ally in the first place.  Would you find it reasonable to question whose the President of the American Commonwealth, would you find it reasonable to question whose the Empress of Athens, or the Czar of Russia?  IF you cannot recognize the rights of nations to choose their leaders, then you flat out do not recognize the sovereignty of a nation, and that is a far more serious breach of the international order than a back up of paper work.

Unless Selenarctos is disputing Imperial Waters in the Aleutians, Panama, the Indian, and the Cape-Antarctic Passage, which would be a second interference in internal affairs in the span of a single day, its not illegal. Either Selenarctos respects the domestic affairs of the Commonwealth or it doesn't. There is a lot of commerce and paper work that go into running the global choke points on the Sea that we control sometimes it takes longer to process than others.

Expecting the Empire or the Commonwealth to go out of its way to give special priority and special respect to governments who think they can choose leaders of the Commonwealth for the Commonwealth is not the sign of an ally in the first place.  Would you find it reasonable to question whose the President of the American Commonwealth, would you find it reasonable to question whose the Empress of Athens, or the Czar of Russia?  IF you cannot recognize the rights of nations to choose their leaders, then you flat out do not recognize the sovereignty of a nation, and that is a far more serious breach of the international order than a back up of paper work.

Why all this talk of choosing leaders in the Americas or Russia? Selenarctos is simply trading with Iceland. We were not aware of a three-week delay in the past, and for important cargoes in the global economy this is simply too long to wait.

-Abo Rayo, Chief of Staff Edited by iKrolm

Non public

Under the command of Vice Admiral Kumamoto, a temporary Northern Task Force would be dispatched to the Northern Atlantic. Consisting out of battlecruisers Myōkō and Chōkai the task force included Japan's two most capable surface combattant ships, able to sail at high speed and thanks to their nuclear propulsion also over long distances. Steaming almost straight to Iceland, the two battlecruisers would halt off Flaxa Bay, just outside Icelandic territorial waters, where they would start constantly patrolling.

A message would be sent to the Reykjavik.

A message would also be sent to the American Commonwealth informing them of the exercises.

Non Public

Icelandic military alert levels would remain the same as they are. 

Ambassador Rasul Abdullah Abdul-Rahman would issue the following statement, "I believe there is some confusion over how a Head of State functions. This is reasonable, given that many nations have the Head of Government and Head of State functioning as the same post. My post as an ambassador is given validation by the Head of State, Emperor Yuan Jia the First. It is through this appointment that I represent the interests of the Heads of Government. While I was personally appointed by the Diarchs, the validation of that appointment comes entirely from the Emperor. If the Emperor disagreed with my appointment, it would be null and void in an instant. To say the Emperor is not welcome in your midst is analogous to denying entry to the Diarchs. I hope I've cleared things up."

OOC:  Heads of State appoint and receive ambassadors often in consultation if not completely delegating to the head of the government.  But it is the head of State.  The American Ambassador to Britain is the Ambassador to the Court of St. George not to 10 Downing.

OOC: If the Ambassador represents Nippon or any other Commonwealth nation then that's fine. If the Ambassador represents Tianxia, then that wont work because Tianxia isn't an Island Nation. But if he appoints an Ambassador to solely represent a Commonwealth nation then I don't see a problem with it. I don't understand why you're making a fuss over this - I already asked Eva if she wanted to join before I posted this and she flat out told me that it'd be a waste of her time.

OOC:  What you're describing is OOC, and you're basing IC actions on that then that's a breach of the rules on the OOC IC barrier PD.  You specifically continued to refer to Jia as head of Tianxia only not Japan.  Its an insult that you don't recognize part of the government or are refusing the right to appoint ambassadors.  It'd be tantamount to saying that you wouldn't recognize Ambassadors if Obama sends them, only if Boehner, Leahy, and Roberts do, saying in your view the executive branch shouldn't have the power to the leaders of the Judicial and legislative could.  Its not up to you to say what the constitutional process in a single country is or who can send them, that's an internal affair.  By your actions and complaining about the authorities within the political structure of another country you're in effect dictating to them in a way which denies their sovereignty and therefore legitimacy as a state.  You now either have a choice to respect that and issue a profuse apology or face a continued very harsh reaction.

"The United republic as well will join Selentros trading vessels in order to promote maritime commerce with Iceland."

- Ambassador James Carson

Well strong-arming to enter an organization that consisted of scarcely a handful of nations and had one resolution to its name was certainly not what Calvin expected when he was assigned post. Luckily, a message from the President's Chief of Staff arrived for him. He cleared his throat, then read aloud:

"To support Iceland for taking the initiative to create an organization in support island of nations around the world, Selenarctos would like to propose a celebration of maritime trade in Iceland. For the next few weeks, high volumes of Selenarctos trade vessels well be stopping at and traversing the waters around Iceland, and we encourage other member nations to join us supporting trade with Iceland." Calvin paused as he read the last line-- "Uh, Chief of Staff Raya says it would be unfortunate if anything happened to the civilian vessels."

President Arnarson would be very grateful to Ireland and Selenarctos for the nearly charitable act. "Thank you very much gentlemen, I hope you can explain to your leaders that I and the King are very grateful for this enterprise. I can communicate form the King that trade to every Island Nation - especially Ireland and Selenarctos - is presumed to increase provided our civilian ships can make it there through international waters. I just wanted to add that in before we move on with our business. Seeing as no one has a proposal for a flag yet, I'll move onto our next order of business which is regarding general rules for Members such as not allowing genocide or other human rights violations within Member nation's borders - basic human rights things. Do I hear a second to move forward with discussion/Rule proposal on this issue?" 

Edited by PresidentDavid