¡Viva México!

Voodoo Nova

[center][img]http://www.aztec-history.com/images/mexican-flag-history.jpg[/img][i]
The flag draped behind a podium in Mexico City.[/i]
[/center]
From the Federal District, former governor José Calzada made a statement declaring a new nation in the disputed region. He was calm and collected with his thoughts. He had a few notecards in his suit jacket. He dabbed the sweat from his brow before beginning to speak.

"In the last week, we have seen nations of Europe and America argue and fight over these lands. This fighting should cease immediately. The nation of New Spain is no longer. The direct rule of the claimed successor of our former colonizing power is no longer accepted. We will not accept Texans, Lunarites, and Athenians ruling our people.

The previous rulers of our country were Emperors and Kings. They were not representative of our people. They were not elected and supported by the people. They were supported by foreign powers. These unelected officials appointed our Congress and the people suffered. This suffering ends today. Elections will commence in the coming months. Until elections are complete, the governors of the states will administer Mexico.

In the coming months, Mexico will be moving away from our old systems of economics, education, and government system. Their government will represent the people once again. We will fight the widespread corruption that once existed. Our economy will experience growth unlike previous nations of this territory.

Today is a new day for Mexico, a new day of independence from monarchy and foreign powers. We will not fail as previous administrations. We will not allow men and women who do not represent us to rule our people or make decisions for our nation. Our independence from monarchies is near complete. Our chains are broken, and we are reborn as the great nation we were meant to be.

¡Viva México!"

OOC: Consider Ireland white space/whatever.

"We welcome the emergence of a new, democratic government in Mexico, and wish for only the best in your future."

[b][Private message to the Mexican government][/b]

"We would like to schedule a meeting to discuss our future relationship. Please, just give a time and location, and we will be there to discuss things with you."

OOC: Following regions are Voodoo's: [url="http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/VoodooNova/Mexico.png"]Click me[/url]

France watched the new nation rise, altough it withheld recognition for now. It was still unclear how the situation would unfold and it was better to act with care than to reap the ugly reward of rushed action. However, it was apparant that any recognition of Mexico would also include the inevidable question what the Mexicans would do with the Bourbons. They already had shot one monarch. Who'd guarantee they wouldn't do it again?

[b]Classified[/b]

With the stability of Mexico, troop numbers dropped from 150,000 to 100,000. It was soon expected for troop numbers to fall below that soon enough. About 400 men stationed themselves on Guadalupe Island and build a small weather station and base camp.

[b]Public[/b]

The Republic of Texas is happy to see the Mexican government coming together to form a united nation. Unfortunately the governments in the Texas-Lunar Territory are still organizing to come together and decide what they want their course of action to be, so they will stay under the protection of the Lunar Republic and Texas for now. The Republic of Texas recognizes Mexico and is happy to see a new democratic nation come into existence.

[i]Matt Damon[/i]
[b]Secretary of State[/b]

[b]Private With Mexican Government[/b]

On behalf of the government of Texas, I am very happy to see a new government rise so fast in the south. I would like to discuss future relations with this nation, hopefully Mexico, Texas, and the Lunar Republic can come together all at once to make a decision.

Respectfully,

[i]Matt Damon[/i]

"The Athenian Federation gladly recognizes the independence of Mexico as a sovereign state."

[quote][b]Private to the Mexican Government:[/b]

While we understand your opposition to the defunct monarchy the Athenian state would like to open talks with the new Mexican government to discuss existing arrangements such as the San Bias military complex and the future of the Bourbon line that ruled New Spain. If you will accept this meeting we invite you or will gladly come to any location of your choosing.[/quote]

Grand Papua hopes that this new Mexican state does not extend various agreements made in the past. We believe only when Mexico is completely free from foreign influences, including military bases or preferential economic treaties, can things be started anew.

"The Free Republic of New Greenland recognizes Mexico and welcomes them to the international community of world nations."

[b]ACTIONS[/b]

Hours after they landed in Veracruz, Tampico, and Cancun, the troops of the F.R.N.G.1.M.E.F.A.P.F.N.S. received new orders to redeploy, this time to the regions of El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua. This was due to the rise of a new Mexican state from the ashes of New Spain. Some troops stationed in Cancun bemoaned because they had little time to mingle with the hot babes at the warm beaches, but begrudgingly complied. Hours later, the Greenlander troops would land in El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua, setting up bases and barracks in and near Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, and Managua as well other cities and some towns.

"Hereby, the Royaume de France extends diplomatic recognition to Mexico and hopes for a bright future for the people in the region."
-[font="Monotype Corsiva"][size="3"]Charles Louis d'Orleans-Autriche-Este[/size][/font]

And unaware of other nations efforts, also the King of the French made his effort to secure the future of his relatives of the House Bourbon in overseas.

[quote][b]To: The Mexican Government
From: Charles Louis, Roi des Francais, Grand Prince de Vicidalia[/b]

To whom it may concern,

Altough France recognises the desire of the Mexicans to rule without monarch, we would like to inquire on the planned fate of the Bourbons of New Spain. We do hope they will be treat well and are allowed to remain in Mexico, however, should there be any other, more serious plans on the future of these, our, relatives, I would ask for Mexico to please consider a meeting with us, so that the matter may be settled without greater complications.

With regards,
[font="Monotype Corsiva"][size="3"]Charles Louis d'Orleans-Autriche-Este[/size][/font][/quote]

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1331684671' post='2937833']
"We would like to schedule a meeting to discuss our future relationship. Please, just give a time and location, and we will be there to discuss things with you."
[/quote]
[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1331685771' post='2937848']

[b]Private With Mexican Government[/b]

On behalf of the government of Texas, I am very happy to see a new government rise so fast in the south. I would like to discuss future relations with this nation, hopefully Mexico, Texas, and the Lunar Republic can come together all at once to make a decision.

Respectfully,

[i]Matt Damon[/i]
[/quote]

**Private Reply to Texas and Lunar Republic**

We are still in the process of reforming our government, however we can meet at the National Palace in Mexico City later next week.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1331685938' post='2937851']
"The Athenian Federation gladly recognizes the independence of Mexico as a sovereign state."

[/quote]

**Private Reply**

We are still in the process of reforming our government, however we can meet at the National Palace in Mexico City sometime next week.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1331687529' post='2937865']
"Hereby, the Royaume de France extends diplomatic recognition to Mexico and hopes for a bright future for the people in the region."
-[font="Monotype Corsiva"][size="3"]Charles Louis d'Orleans-Autriche-Este[/size][/font]

And unaware of other nations efforts, also the King of the French made his effort to secure the future of his relatives of the House Bourbon in overseas.

[/quote]

**Private Reply to France**

The Bourbon line will remain unharmed. We are anti-monarchy, but not anti-monarchist.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[b]Dispatch from the Office of the Grand Vizier of the Empire:[/b]

The Empire offers recognition to the new State of Mexico. Further we would like to formally invite Mexico to visit Qingyuan at its earliest convenience when it gets its affairs in order.