USAN Summir

Lynneth

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1325397558' post='2889902']
OOC: Well I would say that its assumed all USAN members are familiar with the bloc charter, but in light of the entire thread, I guess that would be a bit premature.
[/quote]

OOC: More the timing of his post, coming right after yours, and just so happening to touch on the exact same subject you raised, without him ever mentioning it before. Still, not my thread to argue in. I'm open to chatting about it in IRC if anything really needs to be said.

oh yeah

Happy New Years dude...

IC: New Cambodian Forces go into double secret probation in preparations for finals.

OOC: My understanding is, if enough participants of the treaty don't wish to support a certain member within the treaty anymore and then decide to no longer render them any aid, this effectively removes the nation from the treaty, regardless of whether there is an appropriate clause.
That said, sue me for forgetting to put such a clause in, I haven't made a bloc-treaty in 2 years.

OOC: There is also no ammendment clause.

IC:

"Oh, seems so. Well, should this vote succeed, I would hope that Gallifrey leaves USAN per cancellation clause. If not, I'd propose to dissolve the USAN in order to reform under a new treaty with an expulsion and also, an ammendment clause. After all, we have more trust in the others to continue friendly relations with us, than I trust in Gallifrey not endangering us all with their diplomatical blunders. And as a personal advice to you, Monsieur Theta Sigma, if you can't stay calm and keep your less diplomatic thoughts to yourself, hire a diplomat or let a better Minister of Foreign Affairs handle it. Being a Time Lord or whatever, is no valid excuse for failing in preserving peace."

"I have only made one mistake in diplomacy and that was sending troops to which ive admitted and apologized, on the vote its smelly but Gallifrey will not want USAN to dissolve to weaken SA more then they have already allowed it to be weakened from aggression to a fellow SA nation New Panama, to adguing amongst our selves about one international issue that im sure Asia has not payed as much detail to as we have."

OOC: The reason we posted so near to eachpther is iamthey revealed it to me on IRC and i posted it right as she did.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1325427565' post='2890021']
OOC: The reason we posted so near to eachpther is iamthey revealed it to me on IRC and i posted it right as she did.
[/quote]
[b]OOC:[/b] I don't see that changing the situation in the slightest, but well, I see no reason to make reclamations.

Although silent through most of the voice conference, Alicia Melchiott opted to watch the events of the voice conference before speaking her mind.

The lights in her quarters flickered on, and her figure came into view in full.

[i]"After conferencing with Her Majesty and the Royal Cabinet, in line with Gallian political doctrine, the Principality of Gallia hereby votes for the removal and/or expulsion of the Republic of Galifray from the USAN. However, we are open to the potential re-application of said state should it change it's diplomatic methods or under-go a general change in government attitude towards international politics which endanger, nay, threaten the stability of this continent more so than internal pressures. We also motion for the addition of a written expulsion clause, as well as an amendment clause, although these are secondary to the vote at hand. Thank you for your time."[/i]

After this statement, the lights surrounding Melchiott would once again dim and her silence would continue as she watched from her quarters in Randgriz.

While there is still one vote left it is obvious that Gallifrey is no longer welcome in USAN. Gallifrey officialy removes its self from the treafy of USAN and hopes in the future this union that we have started by our apparent lack of diplomatic resolve will gfow further. All borders will remain open for trade and immigration.

"While we are saddened it had to come to this, the Republic hereby confirms removal of Gallifrey from USAN, by their own choice and a considerable majority within the treaty itself.
With this, the summit is concluded, unless anyone has something to add to this."