There comes a time..

bcortell

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321856865' post='2847933']
Listen, I have things to do in life besides play TE. One does not need to lead to have fun. As for the war (@PS), all I wanted was to collect at least. Now I have no money and I can't fight much :(
[/quote]
Damn FSS and Rad Cleanup would have been nice right about now.

Actually, looks like if you got either you get out before we could nuke you. Get to work on that TC!

Edited by bcortell

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scooby Doo' timestamp='1321856669' post='2847926']
As far as I can see, the war is over.

And pork shrimp is the loser.
[/quote]
Less time posting and more fighting.

Its the end of round and craziness always abounds. Embrace it and have some fun or you can sell off your navy and all your infra like DM did, your choice.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1321857044' post='2847939']
Damn FSS and Rad Cleanup would have been nice right about now.
[/quote]

My trade partner also deleted, causing complications :(

No matter though, I'm still 2 days away from getting out of NA.

Edit: Never mind, see below.

Also, my apologies for any excessive complaining I've done in this thread. I'm really tired, have to get up early tomorrow, and was looking forward to a rebuild. Time to war I guess :) (although I doubt I'll have any infra left)

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321857133' post='2847942']
My trade partner also deleted, causing complications :(

No matter though, I'm still 2 days away from getting out of NA.
[/quote]
See my edit. We can't nuke you til tomorrow night.. get some partners to change resources or get the FSS, and you're golden.

Edit. Never mind. You're screwed.

Edited by bcortell

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321856023' post='2847904']
Or maybe look at the PS reaction, which is to shrug it off as everybody in PS is updeclaring (Cellardoor: 17k on 10k) and that hitting people that are already in war is perfectly fine. Don't forget to sell off your land first so that we can't hit you with navy, by the way.
[/quote]

People hit people already in war all the time. In fact, I've never seen anyone say "oh, that nation already has a war so I'll pick another" - no, it's common for people to strike in packs. Oh, and no one has ever done a spy op that I know of and decided NOT to attack based on the other having too small a war chest.

In terms of being declared on while in anarchy, I've been declared on while in anarchy almost every war in every round that I've taken part.

So what makes it totally acceptable when one alliance does it to another but something worth crying about when it happens outside of that?

Since I've been a member, Pork Shrimp has been careful to keep the overall size of our declarations either equal or our side statistically weaker. You think this is out of desire for fairness? Come on, this is TE! It's a matter of wanting a challenge.

Shessh, if people keep this up maybe we should declare peace quickly. I like dance partners who are tough enough and spirited enough to deal with anything thrown at them.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321856023' post='2847904']Don't forget to sell off your land first so that we can't hit you with navy, by the way.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1321857209' post='2847946']
See my edit. We can't nuke you til tomorrow night.. get some partners to change resources or get the FSS, and you're golden.
[/quote]

Yup, I've made a corresponding edit.

Unfortunately, I just spent 5mil on the MP :P

[quote name='Scooby Doo' timestamp='1321856314' post='2847913']
What a Punk move.

Don't believe a word they say. Their stats are lies. Their justification is a lie.
[/quote]

it's the bacon cake.. that's the lie :)

mmmm bacon....

[/quote]

Why couldn't you have at least waited for Nations to come out of Anarchy before you it em?

Why?

Because of your character. You avoided a fair fight with you BS justification.

Poor Move, No way around it.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321857347' post='2847948']

[/quote]
If my lumber/iron or whatever i'm rolling with helps, I'll temp you :)

I'll even drop BC to do it.

Edit. Never mind. You're screwed.
[/quote]

Wait, the nuke comes in first. So yeah, I'm basically screwed :P

Cellardoor, Thanks for the offer but it won't help :(

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321857347' post='2847948']

[/quote]
Lol, we're going back and fourth with the edits.

It's all good. It's the end of the round, not everyone is going to be happy with the war dec. Some people got brought in- TFK, WAPA- that aren't used to random people hitting them without an AA war (please do get the rest of your AA to hit us though).

I think you and the others know what this means though, you just don't like it. I had no way of knowing some people would be gone (therm, hell i put myself on him because i thought he would hit back), so that's out of my control.

And there's something like 10 days left in the round, I'm sure there will be guys popping up for us to hit as we go along.

[quote name='Scooby Doo' timestamp='1321857466' post='2847953']
Why couldn't you have at least waited for Nations to come out of Anarchy before you it em?

Why?

Because of your character. You avoided a fair fight with you BS justification.

Poor Move, No way around it.
[/quote]
We wanted to go in on everyone days ago, but we got lazy.

We didn't wait any longer so we could fight as long as we could.

And I doubt you have any idea about our character. We've backed TFK on more than one occasion. We're doing this now so we can fight for the remainder of the round. Waiting till 5 days left doesn't excite us.

You seem to have very little understanding of why we hit who we hit.

Edited by bcortell

Yes, unfortunately Therm is gone. I still don't like it that yo attacked a lot of us when we just got out of a war, but I apologize for my complaining. It's late, yknow? :P I guess I'll just tough it out and wait for next round.

As for Confusion - with someone as infamous as you willing to hurl insults and sarcasm at me, I'm no longer interested in being a puppet in your alliance. Maybe you should stop bragging all the time and have some fun instead.

My NS: 9,902.689
My days of nuclear anarchy remaining: 2
My nukes: 4

My opponents NS: 17,681.005 and 19,244.374
My opponents nukes: 40

Right PS. HUGE UPDECLARE.

And to think I respected you at the start of the round.

Edited by jraenar

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1321853548' post='2847847']
Ahhhhhhhhhh !@#$.
[/quote]
What he said lol
I'm not sure how I made it in your top 60 list or 'potential flag runner' but eh guess it doesn't matter now.See ya on the battlefield!

Referencing one of your earlier points, bcortell, that you dont like us, I regret joining Anon this round. I came back to TE with zero knowledge of politics, and Confusion invited me so I just joined for the hell of it (I've never even heard of him or Anon before). But throughout the whole round people have told me that they don't like "us" and I became part of it despite it being my first round there.

Anyways, I have chosen to leave Anonymous. But don't think I won't fight ! :D

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1321858849' post='2847984']

[/quote]

now you're down to 9k, anyway, you're sitting on 33 mil.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321859268' post='2847988']
Referencing one of your earlier points, bcortell, that you dont like us, I regret joining Anon this round. I came back to TE with zero knowledge of politics, and Confusion invited me so I just joined for the hell of it (I've never even heard of him or Anon before). But throughout the whole round people have told me that they don't like "us" and I became part of it despite it being my first round there.

Anyways, I have chosen to leave Anonymous. But don't think I won't fight ! :D
[/quote]

im now sorry i stole your nuke. :(

[/quote]

IIRC, you have a WRC, SDI, MP, and 33m. Woe is me isn't really the card for you to play.

[/quote]

IIRC, you have a WRC, SDI, MP, and 33m. Woe is me isn't really the card for you to play.

edit: and also, to people quoting NS's now, my opponents have lost over 1000 infra among other things. Using current NS isn't exactly the same as the pre-war stats. Fight back and let everyone eat some nukes on both sides then we'll see how the NS looks. (btw, our opponents have more ANS and NS on the whole)

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1321859369' post='2847989']
now you're down to 9k, anyway, you're sitting on 33 mil.
[/quote]
And? That isn't going to magically change the NS or nuke differential. Nor the fact that my entire alliance is still in anarchy from the war we [i]just[/i] got out of. You are chumps going after easy targets instead of fighting a real war.

--edit: Oh, and if you're going to use cash-on-hand to justify declaring on a target at the extreme low end of your range, you need to have known that [i]before[/i] declaring. It still doesn't change the fact that it's a curbstomp.

Edited by jraenar

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321859635' post='2847993']
Fight back and let everyone eat some nukes on both sides then we'll see how the NS looks. (btw, our opponents have more ANS and NS on the whole)
[/quote]
I have 4 nukes. You have 40 and SDIs. Somehow I don't think you will be eating many nukes.

Again I dunno about everyone else, but I was also looking forward to seeing PS and LE fight. That would have been pretty epic. YOU SCREWED MY ENTERTAINMENT FTL! They were the obvious best wars for each other by far and nothing else was even close. You guys were even the two alliances that haven't been fighting recently, unlike most of the nations you attacked. Heck, we had a best war planned for ourselves, now out the window. Oh well. I do wish you guys had taken the best war for yourselves instead of this. We're stuck with it now tho, no way this clustercrap could ever be sorted out lol.

So now LE - who likes to war - can either hit PS (who will have full slots) or dogpile on everyone else (who all have full slots lol.) I guess they can just sit out the rest of the round but I've never seen them want a flag before. None of that is anywhere near as epic as the war that could have been. Maybe they wanted the flag, but I always thought they just wanted a nice even great war - one they can't have now. I guess we should add the LE/PS NAP onto our list of unofficial TE treaties right? lol