There comes a time..

bcortell

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1321860336' post='2847997']
Again I dunno about everyone else, but I was also looking forward to seeing PS and LE fight. That would have been pretty epic. YOU SCREWED MY ENTERTAINMENT FTL! They were the obvious best wars for each other by far and nothing else was even close. You guys were even the two alliances that haven't been fighting recently, unlike most of the nations you attacked. Heck, we had a best war planned for ourselves, now out the window. Oh well. I do wish you guys had taken the best war for yourselves instead of this. We're stuck with it now tho, no way this clustercrap could ever be sorted out lol.

So now LE - who likes to war - can either hit PS (who will have full slots) or dogpile on everyone else (who all have full slots lol.) I guess they can just sit out the rest of the round but I've never seen them want a flag before. None of that is anywhere near as epic as the war that could have been. Maybe they wanted the flag, but I always thought they just wanted a nice even great war - one they can't have now. I guess we should add the LE/PS NAP onto our list of unofficial TE treaties right? lol
[/quote]
Nah, some of us wanted to hit them. Some didn't.

We'll still look to have them on our guys to hit list.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1321861223' post='2848008']Nah, some of us wanted to hit them. Some didn't.

We'll still look to have them on our guys to hit list.[/quote]
Right.

I doubt you have any slots left for them, defensive or offensive. They have no one left to war, not and have it be anything other than a curbstomp for them. So yeah I guess they get the flag. Congrats to LE on that. Even though they are one of those alliances that would rather war than flag run. Or used to be anyways, maybe this is exactly what they wanted for all I know. Maybe this is what you guys planned out with them, you take out everyone else and they get a nice free flag and some nice end of round curbstomps, again for all I know - but that's the way it has worked out, hasn't it?

Y'all did what you wanted to do I guess. Glad you're having fun.
This is just very disappointing for most of the rest of us.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1321862306' post='2848019']
Right.

I doubt you have any slots left for them, defensive or offensive. They have no one left to war, not and have it be anything other than a curbstomp for them. So yeah I guess they get the flag. Congrats to LE on that. Even though they are one of those alliances that would rather war than flag run. Or used to be anyways, maybe this is exactly what they wanted for all I know. Maybe this is what you guys planned out with them, you take out everyone else and they get a nice free flag and some nice end of round curbstomps, again for all I know - but that's the way it has worked out, hasn't it?

Y'all did what you wanted to do I guess. Glad you're having fun.
This is just very disappointing for most of the rest of us.
[/quote]
No, LE didn't have anything to do with it. It was our preference to give them a free ride (once again, if they so choose) to the flag, then war them and let someone else get it.

Yes, end of round stuff usually doesn't split as cleanly as the rest of the round stuff. We've hit pretty much every nation with slots at the time of the blitz that was over 10(and change)K NS. If there are some runners left that are under that (minus DM and the other guy who sold infra), well, good for them. Maybe we'll hit them if we get any slots. (And not many of our defensive slots have been taken yet, besides the counters by tW and RD.)

With the Warriors, we declared 5 wars on 4 people. Two guys have since countered a guy who countered.

On WAPA, we had 2 wars declared on 2 people.

On TFK, we had 1 war declared on 1 person.

On THP, we had 3 wars declared on 2 people.

On RD, we had 16 wars declared on 9 people.

On GDA, we had 1 war declared on 1 person.

On LoSS, we had 1 war declared on 1 person.

On Black, we had 2 wars declared on 1 person.

On Catharsis, we had 3 wars declared on 3 people.

On Fark, we had 5 wars on 3 people.

On DF, we had 4 wars declared on 2 people.

On SUN, we had 2 wars declared on 2 people.

On Children of the Corn, 2 wars on 1 person (it's a 1 man AA).

We had 2 people declare on Frutti (another 1 man AA).

On Syn, we had 3 wars on 2 people.

We hit 1 guy with 1 war in Spanish Inquisition.

We hit another 1 man AA with 1 war.

On RE, we had 9 wars declared on 7 people.

On TPC, we had 4 wars declared on 3 people. (One person who got two wars wasn't involved in the OP/Syn war.)

On Anon, we had 6 wars declared on 5 people.

Couple more dec's to come in as guys wake up..

Again that's war dec's vs people. Most AA's have 1 to 1.5 war dec's per person.

If we hit one AA at war, we pretty much hit the AA they were fighting also. RE and Anon nations start getting out of nuke anarchy tomorrow(?). They can all counter PS. Of the smaller AA's, most have at least 1 guy within range of our middle to upper tier to counter.

So, sorry to wreck your war plans, but it happens all the time.

To those that might be 10K-12K (well, were at the blitz), I had to change slots around this afternoon. It got jacked up with who was what NS, and I didn't feel like redoing it all. But, you're probably the third guy the PS nation declared on, so you won't receive the majority of the attention, methinks.

Edited by bcortell

Sad thing is if they had waited 2 more days most people would have been meh end of round chaos now they are just revealing themselves as the scared punks they are. Attacking nations still at war and in na with no wc real brave.

Awesome! Instead of getting to spend the end of the round duking it out with evenly matched opponents, I get to turtle and eat nukes from a nation with 200 more tech, 1k more infra, and a large WC that hasn't fought in weeks! It's just what I wanted!

<_< I expected better from you PS. Also, don't try to sell this line about it being an even fight. You guys seem to have all sold off land to avoid navy. I don't know about the rest of the people you're fighting, but nukes and navy make up about a third of my NS (6500/20k) and it's very unlikely that I'll get to use either this war. Who cares about the two flag runners you actually hit this war? You're ruining the end of the round for dozens of people.

What the $%&@ PS... How the hell did yoiu decide on this being your best option.. I sincerly hope that you guys don't consider yourselves t be the best anymore, hell even OP is looking like a saint when stacked up to this !@#$.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1321857316' post='2847947']
It's a matter of wanting a challenge!
[/quote]

Want a !@#$@#$ challenge? Hit LE not people scattered across half of TE! Don't act all !@#$@#$ tough when the second hardest hit AA in your war is still more then half in nuclear anarchy!

Edited by ADude

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321852143' post='2847799']

op's war running so long ruined number 4, and I voted numer 1 instead of number 3. If I'd voted number 3 we might have a top 60 runners dec instead, but then it'd look like a down declare in another way, so really the whining is the same in terms of volume I'm sure.
[/quote]

OP has practically been begging people to intervene in their war on IRC, on [u]both[/u] AA's.

But really, nice job bailing them out instead of hitting "everybody", its not like you would hit someone in nuke anarchy right?

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1321855132' post='2847887']
Fair?

Please... PS has been declared before after getting declared after getting declared on. There's rarely a flag won that was fair. And LE didn't have anything to do with it.

I just don't like you guys. That's why I voted for hitting everyone but LE. I like LE. If they get the flag, so be it. If they don't, it's up to them not to. But, I'd rather leave it up to them than have you guys get it.
[/quote]

I can think of at least one difference in situations, you rolled your opponent and they were done long before the peace agreement, hell they hardly used up that many nukes. if we had rolled Anon and TFK then fine Karma I guess. but no, This isn't the same because we just got out of a very bloody war where everyone pretty much fought to a stalemate where lots of nukes were used. There is a lot of difference.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1321857316' post='2847947']
People hit people already in war all the time. In fact, I've never seen anyone say "oh, that nation already has a war so I'll pick another" - no, it's common for people to strike in packs. Oh, and no one has ever done a spy op that I know of and decided NOT to attack based on the other having too small a war chest.

In terms of being declared on while in anarchy, I've been declared on while in anarchy almost every war in every round that I've taken part.

So what makes it totally acceptable when one alliance does it to another but something worth crying about when it happens outside of that?

Since I've been a member, Pork Shrimp has been careful to keep the overall size of our declarations either equal or our side statistically weaker. You think this is out of desire for fairness? Come on, this is TE! It's a matter of wanting a challenge.

Shessh, if people keep this up maybe we should declare peace quickly. I like dance partners who are tough enough and spirited enough to deal with anything thrown at them.
[/quote]

What exactly are you going on about? You just basically jumped on a load of people who were / are at war, in nuclear anarchy, with depleted warchests and no chance of a collection for one last war before the end of the round. Are you really comparing this to your alliance being at war for more than a week or fighting more than one alliance at once?

I'm pretty sure this exact thing doesn't happen to you or anyone else every round otherwise you wouldn't have gotten this reaction, would you?

You $%&@ed up the round for every target you hit whose warchest wont last three-four weeks (or however long they've been fighting plus the rest of the round) because unlike PS, they've not had five weeks to save a warchest. Not to mention, I expect most of their alliance mates in range are in anarchy so can't defend them anyway.

As for wanting a challenge, you obviously didn't think this through. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Polarbear' timestamp='1321870037' post='2848048']
Sad thing is if they had waited 2 more days most people would have been meh end of round chaos now they are just revealing themselves as the scared punks they are. Attacking nations still at war and in na with no wc real brave.
[/quote]

Polarbear. O7

Good War we just fought, sir. Very fair and evenly matched I think. You're a good fight. It was good to go toe-to-toe with you. YOU are not one to complain about a war just for the sake of complaining. You know "this is TE lol" and you're DEFINITELY not flag-running. Honorable.

Something that some here don't understand, I see.

Does Pork Shrimp really not get it, or are they just pretending to be this dense?

Edited by sammykhalifa

[quote name='Polarbear' timestamp='1321881150' post='2848083']
Challenge my ass if you wanted a challenge you would have waited 2 days to allow us who were on the last days of a bloody war to get out of anarchy and Bill lock and rebuild
[/quote]

They didn't want a challenge. They wanted to look like they were doing something after sitting around for more than a month.

[quote name='Polarbear' timestamp='1321870037' post='2848048']
[/quote]
We wanted to go in days ago. Would that make you even more mad?

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1321873408' post='2848059']
Awesome! Instead of getting to spend the end of the round duking it out with evenly matched opponents, I get to turtle and eat nukes from a nation with 200 more tech, 1k more infra, and a large WC that hasn't fought in weeks! It's just what I wanted!

<_< I expected better from you PS. Also, don't try to sell this line about it being an even fight. You guys seem to have all sold off land to avoid navy. I don't know about the rest of the people you're fighting, but nukes and navy make up about a third of my NS (6500/20k) and it's very unlikely that I'll get to use either this war. Who cares about the two flag runners you actually hit this war? You're ruining the end of the round for dozens of people.
[/quote]
Why would you turtle? That's how you want to end the round?

Also, selling land to avoid naval attacks isn't a dirty move. It's your choice to buy a navy; it's ours to sell land. It's called being smart.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1321875574' post='2848063']
What the $%&@ PS... How the hell did yoiu decide on this being your best option.. I sincerly hope that you guys don't consider yourselves t be the best anymore, hell even OP is looking like a saint when stacked up to this !@#$.
[/quote]
Wait for it...

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1321875759' post='2848064']
Want a !@#$@#$ challenge? Hit LE not people scattered across half of TE! Don't act all !@#$@#$ tough when the second hardest hit AA in your war is still more then half in nuclear anarchy!
[/quote]
Wait for it...

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1321876120' post='2848066']
OP has practically been begging people to intervene in their war on IRC, on [u]both[/u] AA's.

But really, nice job bailing them out instead of hitting "everybody", its not like you would hit someone in nuke anarchy right?
[/quote]
Wait for it...

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1321876864' post='2848070']
I can think of at least one difference in situations, you rolled your opponent and they were done long before the peace agreement, hell they hardly used up that many nukes. if we had rolled Anon and TFK then fine Karma I guess. but no, This isn't the same because we just got out of a very bloody war where everyone pretty much fought to a stalemate where lots of nukes were used. There is a lot of difference.
[/quote]
Happy Thanksgiving!

...I bet you thought that was going to go a different direction, didn't you?

I'm still not sure why everyone is so angry with PS. This is TE and war is the main component of it. We're here to fight because SE is too dang slow for most of us. If you all are ticked that PS declared war on a couple of your nations, then make it an alliance-wide war. If you're afraid to expand the conflict, then counter that specific PS aggressor. Yeah it sucks that many of those targeted nations were in anarchy, but at this point of the round aren't the majority of players in a weakened state from recent wars?

Good luck everyone and have fun

[quote name='Beowulf88' timestamp='1321883677' post='2848090']
I'm still not sure why everyone is so angry with PS. This is TE and war is the main component of it. We're here to fight because SE is too dang slow for most of us. If you all are ticked that PS declared war on a couple of your nations, then make it an alliance-wide war. If you're afraid to expand the conflict, then counter that specific PS aggressor. Yeah it sucks that many of those targeted nations were in anarchy, but at this point of the round aren't the majority of players in a weakened state from recent wars?

[/quote]
not getting it are you its not the fact they declared war its the fact the targets they picked were still in war na and have no chance of fighting back because they are out of money. its like watching a fight then at the last min of the fight hitting the guy on the ground

Edited by Polarbear

[quote name='Beowulf88' timestamp='1321883677' post='2848090']

[/quote]

Because they all chose targets that won't be able to fight back? What's the mystery here?

If "war is the main component of it" then they probably should have chosen targets that would make a good war. I know I would have.

Don't know if you realized, but it's pretty tough for alliances to "expand the conflict" when they are all in anarchy. I'm sure that that's just a happy coincidence for the attackers though. Because otherwise they'd just be a bunch of opportunistic cowards. SURELY that can't be the case.

Edited by sammykhalifa

Again, "If you all are ticked that PS declared war on a couple of your nations, then make it an alliance-wide war. If you're afraid to expand the conflict, then counter that specific PS aggressor."

[quote name='Beowulf88' timestamp='1321885495' post='2848098']
Again, "If you all are ticked that PS declared war on a couple of your nations, then make it an alliance-wide war. If you're afraid to expand the conflict, then counter that specific PS aggressor."
[/quote]
are you that dense? do you not understand the words you are reading? my whole alliance is just now getting out of a rather bloody war they are in no better shape to fight than i am or was since i used the scorched earth option and am done for the round

Edited by Polarbear

Well, two of my 3 targets were in anarchy so I made sure to spy their govt to ruin their collections. I also sold my land. If you don't like it, declare on me, I've got one slot left. If you miss out, once I get battered for a few days and they free up again, stop by for some fun.

As for not taking a swing at LE, I like LE, and I despise most of the rest of you. Although they're probably pissed that we gobbled up most of the targets. So with this move, we've basically pissed off everyone in TE that's not a part of PS.

So, take a bow leadership team, for a job well done.

And arcticllama, sorry bro, you're a cool cat, but you were on my list. Man you're a big !@#$%^&. I fully expect to be beaten mercilessly.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1321865229' post='2848035']

On RE, we had 9 wars declared on 7 people.

On Anon, we had 6 wars declared on 5 people.

[/quote]
I like who these two AA's came the earliest out of war and they have the most wars... Those guys were so much of a threat to you, And I like how you guys keep talking about the overall stats but the nations you hit and who you hit them with. Most stand no chance.
/me throws eggs at PS

[quote name='Polarbear' timestamp='1321885928' post='2848100']
are you that dense? do you not understand the words you are reading? my whole alliance is just now getting out of a rather bloody war they are in no better shape to fight than i am or was since i used the scorched earth option and am done for the round
[/quote]

There are ~10 alliances that have had some of their members attacked by PS. Are you telling me that 10 weakened alliances united can't fight back against PS?

Edited by Beowulf88