The GM's Court

Centurius

You'd still sniff the signals of all of them. Isaac would have to do considerable RP beforehand I would argue not just now though to start stripping out his air force's radars (of which he had no old reserves)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1341247905' post='3001825']
You'd still sniff the signals of all of them. Isaac would have to do considerable RP beforehand I would argue not just now though to start stripping out his air force's radars (of which he had no old reserves)
[/quote]

Yeah, but you're mapping out their locations, no? What's the use of mapping targets that could be gone by the time your ordinance is delivered?

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1341213415' post='3001683']
[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4180/uavsurveillance.png[/img]

Two deep penetrating UAV radar sniffing/recon flights, high altitude. I'd like to map out radar with the stealth uav's sniffers and use the optics of both to search for air fields with special emphasis on F-22 climate controlled hangars as well a launch prep on satellites. Please note I'd have a good idea where to search for the satellites especially given the fact that they'd have shown up on Tianxia Early Warning Sensors when they were first launched. Also please note this will take place during the war between Russia and Isaac so radar is likely to be on.
[/quote]

[b]1-30 Fail

31-100 Success[/b]

[b]71, 56[/b]

Two Successes.

Edited by Curristan

What the $%&@ are you talking about. Its starting to feel like you have metagaming tourettes. Everything that happens to you you scream metagaming. The only thing I attacked was a satellite launch facilitiy and F-22 hangars. You've got satellite launch facilities and you have F-22 hangars. My ICBM early warning satellites would see any IR signature on the scope of an ICBM, a heavy lift booster, or a SLBM. So I knew roughly where to look and you can't exactly hide these things. I did spyrolls for F-22 hangars. Thats not metagaming quit pretending.

In regards to your reserves, honestly what do you have, you're a young nation how many times did you replace aircraft? I thought this was pretty common sense, my reserves are aircraft I've either replaced, captured from conquered nations, or repossessed when a nation who contracted me to build them collapsed. Like how do you as a young small nation have that exactly? If your cannibalizing from your current fleet than thats not really reserves by the definition I had.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1341262098' post='3001929']
In regards to your reserves, honestly what do you have, you're a young nation how many times did you replace aircraft? I thought this was pretty common sense, my reserves are aircraft I've either replaced, captured from conquered nations, or repossessed when a nation who contracted me to build them collapsed. Like how do you as a young small nation have that exactly? If your cannibalizing from your current fleet than thats not really reserves by the definition I had.
[/quote]
And I frankly believe people should stop having reserves. It's just instant replacement at this point.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1341262098' post='3001929']
What the $%&@ are you talking about. Its starting to feel like you have metagaming tourettes. Everything that happens to you you scream metagaming. The only thing I attacked was a satellite launch facilitiy and F-22 hangars. You've got satellite launch facilities and you have F-22 hangars. My ICBM early warning satellites would see any IR signature on the scope of an ICBM, a heavy lift booster, or a SLBM. So I knew roughly where to look and you can't exactly hide these things. I did spyrolls for F-22 hangars. Thats not metagaming quit pretending.

[/quote]

You wouldnt target my satellites if I hadnt mentioned that there was more. To the reserves, I got them from mothballing my bombers and most of my fighters and rebuilding them.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1341247020' post='3001819']
Didn't they strobe their radars, set up old units torn from Migs for false signatures and move the real ones around (at least the ones for actual SAM fire control)? That would counter act such a roll.
[/quote]

I've done this in RP myself several times, however, I rped it out to some extent. It's an active counter-measure to intelligence collection that needs some setting up in advance. If Isaac did no previous RP to set it up, I'd be disinclined to allow it to go ahead. I'm not talking pages and pages either, a couple posts demonstrating the deployment of said units and the creation of them in advance is sufficient in my opinion.

Hell, I set them up in Taxi cabs once, lol, had fake signatures running every time the meter dropped for random lulz.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1341263315' post='3001937']
You wouldnt target my satellites if I hadnt mentioned that there was more. To the reserves, I got them from mothballing my bombers and most of my fighters and rebuilding them.
[/quote]

Launch facilities can be a natural target during war. As to the radar, can you provide a link?

Edited by Voodoo Nova

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107370&st=40

I'm not sure how I feel about this, it seems like a trivial matter to me, but... meh..

none the less... PD's new nation shouldn't be having anything to do with his old characters. The specific term is ic/ooc crossing meaning, his ooc motivation to save his characters is being carried over to his new nation that had nothing to do with Texas or his old characters.

There seems an obvious work around here so I'm not suggesting a wipe but more a simple rewriting to not include Ireland into the rp.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1341662278' post='3005817']

Installing intelligence officers through the open borders. If first roll succeeds, then proceed to track the leaders of the supposed USA.
[/quote]

No need for the roll. I'm interested to see where she goes with this. All bridges and tunnels are closed to those not living or working on the island of Manhattan per my last post however. Looking forward to the RP.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1341759069' post='3006661']
Don't bother, they're RL Russian/DARPA designs. Just, I don't think her tech can handle those yet :v:
[/quote]

Regardless, I'd like to see sources. It's better than just wiping it out for 'x' reason. I attempted researching myself, but didn't find any information on the technology.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[url="http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/ucav96/chap6.pdf"]Intermetallic Incendiary Warhead[/url] (page 6)

[url="http://www.darpa.mil/Our_Work/TTO/Programs/Magneto_Hydrodynamic_Explosive_Munition_(MAHEM).aspx"]Magneto-Hydrodynamic Explosive Munition[/url]

[url="http://www.virtualacquisitionshowcase.com/document/1313/briefing"]Self-propagating High-temperature Synthesis Warhead[/url] (Page 2, download required)

Basically, what Mara did was C&P. Frankly, they're worth nothing, but sounds cool.

Edited by Kankou

After talking to Curri, and a few people who know this type of technology better than I, I'm going to have to say those warheads are wiped. Your tech level is far too low to have those warheads Mara.

EDIT: The wipe is for your walker/mech powersuit as well.

Edited by Voodoo Nova