Embassy Closures

Grealind

[center][img]http://thegermanempire.eu/images/official/officialannouncement.png[/img]
[/center]
Greetings all;

In an effort to at least play the part of being a respectable alliance, since I'm sure some still have their doubts, and since I honestly have no clue where we do and don't have them, I ask that any alliance that has an embassy on their forums of ours that if we don't check in by September 15, 2011 please close it. It is nothing against your respective alliances, it's just that I have no interest in overstretching our small Foreign Affairs team, and I personally have a lot of stuff that I have to make sure I do, so I cannot be running around to every embassy. I would have posted this in our other thread, but I believe this is important enough to warrant its own thread.

Thank you for your assistance in this endeavor!

Anson // TGE Chancellor

EDIT for clarification: If a member of TGE does not post into OUR embassy on YOUR forums (if applicable) by September 15th, please close the embassy.

Edited by Anson

Three people in the FA department of a protectorate alliance is excessive, you should be concentrating on IA - recruitment, education, trades & tech deals. Besides, most embassies are useless, they get a few posts then people get bored & you're lucky if you even get an updated government once in a while.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1316026232' post='2800462']
Why would you even do this? You do know that the world won't end if you have an unused embassy, right?
[/quote]

I think the overall point is to show that the embassies that do remain are valued and not just some more fluff. After all, it takes two seconds to ask for an embassy.

Y'know, it's a lot more fun to just randomly delete embassies with no announcement like this, and see how long it takes for someone to complain about their embassy being deleted. You can even start up betting pools, it's a great team building activity.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1316028720' post='2800492']
Y'know, it's a lot more fun to just randomly delete embassies with no announcement like this, and see how long it takes for someone to complain about their embassy being deleted. You can even start up betting pools, it's a great team building activity.
[/quote]
Wrong way around, he's notifying people that the embassies they hold on other forums are free to be deleted if a representative doesn't show up before the deadline. Basically TGE is retreating their foreign presence to what they consider a manageable number within current staff.