Sand in the Wind

Lavo

*Undisclosed location, some hemp storehouse in Arabia*

The Arabian desert... Once a place of dryness, thirst, and isolation, it had been drastically changed by Rebel Army once the nation stabilized, turning it into a massive hemp farm. Now it was a field of green, and inside one of the many scattered storehouses, Lavo Shalam was waiting. He had arrived via civilian car, no satellite would bother to notice. He was awaiting an old friend, a man forgotten by history.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man, wrinkled from his old stresses, had called his old friend. Lavo had suggested an undisclosed area for a meeting, a place where there wouldn't be prying eyes or people with an appetite for curiosity. He had been forgotten by the sands of time, forgotten by the people that currently occupy his home. He drove through what used to be sands long ago, now a field of green, a sign of health and prosperity. He stopped at a storehouse, noticing an older looking vehicle. The man stepped out of his car and walked inside the building.

"Hello Lavo, old friend."

Lavo stood up and shook the man's hand. "James my friend, it has been too long. I hope you are doing well?"

"I am doing well, worrying over the past, and concerned for the future. Raochin has done a disservice to my old lands, as you know. I am concerned for their well being, my people's safety. They act without concern to the fallout of those actions, and think they may treat my people, Novakians, as they please. I wish for Novak to return. Raochin has harmed the region worse than the late Al-Asad; we need to change that, and I need your help to do it."

"I am doing well, worrying over the past, and concerned for the future. Raochin has done a disservice to my old lands, as you know. I am concerned for their well being, my people's safety. They act without concern to the fallout of those actions, and think they may treat my people, Novakians, as they please. I wish for Novak to return. Raochin has harmed the region worse than the late Al-Asad; we need to change that, and I need your help to do it."

"Agreed. There's a reason we avoided allying them... We feared something like this would happen." Lavo paused for a second, and walked around the room, deep in thought. "I won't lie, I'm ready to move in our forces to force Raochin off of the peninsula. What we need is some sort of instigation, like a few peaceful protests gone bloody or a few open revolts. Speaking about the military, our troops are still coming back from Europe. I don't think it would be too hard to deploy some 20-30% of troops to Israel, Jordan and Arabia. Once the crap starts to flow, Israeli, Jordanian, and Arabian units will move towards the border to prevent spillover."

"Agreed. There's a reason we avoided allying them... We feared something like this would happen." Lavo paused for a second, and walked around the room, deep in thought. "I won't lie, I'm ready to move in our forces to force Raochin off of the peninsula. What we need is some sort of instigation, like a few peaceful protests gone bloody or a few open revolts. Speaking about the military, our troops are still coming back from Europe. I don't think it would be too hard to deploy some 20-30% of troops to Israel, Jordan and Arabia. Once the crap starts to flow, Israeli, Jordanian, and Arabian units will move towards the border to prevent spillover."

"I believe I still have a few loyalists still living in the old Novakian capital, Mekkah. They have expressed some distaste for the Raochin government, and have been waiting for an opportunity to begin organized protesting. They recognize themselves as citizens of Novak, not as citizens of Raochin. I can work with them and get them to begin protests in the cities. I will speak out against the government of Raochin, their actions and how they treat their citizens."

"It'll be like old times friend," he said with a hearty chuckle.

"I believe I still have a few loyalists still living in the old Novakian capital, Mekkah. They have expressed some distaste for the Raochin government, and have been waiting for an opportunity to begin organized protesting. They recognize themselves as citizens of Novak, not as citizens of Raochin. I can work with them and get them to begin protests in the cities. I will speak out against the government of Raochin, their actions and how they treat their citizens."

"It'll be like old times friend," he said with a hearty chuckle.

Lavo smiled. "Indeed it shall be." He then takes out a suitcase and pulls out a map. "May I call over a few generals? I do believe it is time to do some planning."

Lavo chuckles before calling over a few men. "Alright then. These officers are in command of the divisions that will be coming to your aid." The generals salute once they enter, and then crowd around the table. One of the generals spoke up. "This is the plan so far. Intelligence estimates that Raochin's forces are around 150-200k max. With them being spread out, they can't hope to take on a good sized blitz. The RAAG's will be responsible for land based operations, charging forwards with heavy armour and air support. The Novakian forces will be split up among the RAAG's, giving them invaluable intel and terrain information. The Rebel Navy will conduct three simultaneous amphibious landings, and the landing forces will be given heavy BB and CVW support. If needed, reinforcements from Egypt can be sailed down, but it would take some time to get those boots to a port and to the front. The RA Protectorate Garrison won't move, and we won't launch attacks from it. Although the area is under our control, we don't keep nor use Protectorates as bases for our own interests. Any suggestions?"

novaksrebirth1.png

The map in question.

"I believe the following might work out nicely. The Ethiopian region is fairly easy to take, and there were no real weapons cache or military storage located there. There is, however, several military bases on the coast south of Mekkah. Securing this would allow Novakian soldiers to use the still relatively high tech equipment, something the Raochins never found. It would also cover the flank of the land based soldiers coming in from Arabia."

Plan1.png

Map being redrawn

Edited by Voodoo Nova

The men nodded in approval, although one of the generals commented. "In that case, we'll have the northern most RNAF land a bit further south. We'll also mobilize some of our Egyptian forces to be landed in Ethiopia or in Mekkah for more support."

novaksrebirth2.png

Edited by Lavo_2

"I believe that would work out just as well. My men remember where the bases are, and Mekkah shouldn't have changed a bit since Novak. Makkah and the general region is a massive civilian area. Caution should be observed when your are in that region of the country for both civilians and military defenses."

"I believe that would work out just as well. My men remember where the bases are, and Mekkah shouldn't have changed a bit since Novak. Makkah and the general region is a massive civilian area. Caution should be observed when your are in that region of the country for both civilians and military defenses."

"Understood. Sats should be able to give us a good idea about the general area and it's defenses. Whatever static defenses there are can be easily bombed by Naval Vipers, and chances are there are few elastic ones." With that said and done, Lavo spoke up. "I do believe that covers everything. All that's left to do now is to get the social unrest going and the troops moving."

"Understood. Sats should be able to give us a good idea about the general area and it's defenses. Whatever static defenses there are can be easily bombed by Naval Vipers, and chances are there are few elastic ones." With that said and done, Lavo spoke up. "I do believe that covers everything. All that's left to do now is to get the social unrest going and the troops moving."

"I'll be making a speech shortly. You happen to have a place I can speak?"

"I'll be making a speech shortly. You happen to have a place I can speak?"

Lavo lets out a hearty laugh. "You can speak in front of the G-ddamned Knesset for all I care. We have dozens of places you can make a speech from, and where the entire world will listen."

Lavo lets out a hearty laugh. "You can speak in front of the G-ddamned Knesset for all I care. We have dozens of places you can make a speech from, and where the entire world will listen."

"My old friend, I forget sometimes our friendship"

A few hours later in a major city.

"لقد مرت سنوات عديدة منذ اليوم عندما كان الناس غير راضين نوفاك ، أعمى وعود من قادة في المنزل ، وفقدت الاتصال مع الحرية ، وبالتالي فقدان كل شيء. ومنذ ذلك اليوم الغدر وتعالى قد حجب مباركته من شعبنا. الشقاق والكراهية نزل عليهم. ضائقة عميقة مع الآلاف من الرجال والنساء Novakian أفضل من كل مناحى الحياة قد شهدت وحدة الامة بعيدا التلاشي. ومنذ ذلك اليوم ، Raochin قد قدم صورة من الشقاق مفجع. والمواطنين السابقين من نوفاك لم يتلق والمساواة والأخوة التي كانت قد وعدت ، وأنهم فقدوا حريتهم في التمهيد.

وبؤس الشعب Novakian الرهيبة ها هو! Novakians كثير من العاطلين عن العمل ، وتجويع ، وكلها من الطبقة الوسطى وصغار الحرفيين تم الفقيرة. هذا في نهاية المطاف عندما تصل إلى الفقراء Novakian ، فإننا سوف نواجه كارثة لا حدود لها. لذلك لا يجوز إلا لانهيار الأمة ، ولكن لمدة ثلاثة آلاف سنة الإرث القديم ، وبعض من منتجات أسمى من الثقافة والحضارة الإنسانية.

كل شيء لنا علامات التحذير من هذا الانهيار واضحة. الحكومة Raochin مع منهجه من الجنون هو جعل هجوم قوي وغدرا على أراضينا بالفزع والممزقة. انها تسعى الى تسميم وتعطيل من أجل قذف بنا الى حقبة من الفوضى... هذه السلبية ، وتدمير روح بمنأى عن أي شيء من كل ما هو أعلى وأغلى. بدءا من الأسرة ، فقد قوضت أسس الأخلاق والإيمان ، ويسخر من ثقافة والأعمال التجارية ، والأمة والوطن والعدالة والشرف. سنوات من السيطرة Raochin أفسدت نوفاك ؛ سنة واحدة أكثر من شأنه أن يدمر لها. أغنى وأعدل الأراضي في منطقة الشرق الأوسط سوف تحول الى كومة من الانقاض عن التدخين. حتى معاناة العام الماضي ونصف العام لا يمكن مقارنة هذا البؤس في المنطقة في قلب العلم الذي Raochin الدمار قد رفع. والآلاف من الجرحى ومئات القتلى في هذا النزاع الذي كلف نوفاك ينبغي أن تكون تحذيرا من العاصفة التي ستأتي... "

After the speech, former Novakian citizens that followed the President in to exile applauded his speech. James walked off the podium and went to meet with Lavo.

OOC: Thought it'd be interesting to translate this into Arabic (start expecting this from me). Below is the translation:

"Many years have passed since the unhappy day when the Novak people, blinded by promises from leaders at home, lost touch with freedom, thereby losing all. Since that day of treachery, the Almighty has withheld his blessing from our people. Dissension and hatred descended upon them. With profound distress thousands of the best Novakian men and women from all walks of life have seen the unity of the nation vanishing away. Since that day, Raochin has presented a picture of heartbreaking disunity. The former citizens of Novak never received the equality and fraternity they had been promised, and they lost their liberty to boot.

The misery of the Novakian people is horrible to behold! Many Novakians are unemployed and starving; the whole of the middle class and the small artisans have been impoverished. When this finally reaches the Novakian poor, we will be faced with an immeasurable disaster. For then not only shall a nation collapse, but a three-thousand-year-old inheritance, some of the loftiest products of human culture and civilization.

All about us the warning signs of this collapse are apparent. The Raochin government with its method of madness is making a powerful and insidious attack upon our dismayed and shattered lands. It seeks to poison and disrupt in order to hurl us into an epoch of chaos.... This negative, destroying spirit spared nothing of all that is highest and most valuable. Beginning with the family, it has undermined the very foundations of morality and faith and scoffs at culture and business, nation and home, justice and honor. Years of Raochin control have ruined Novak; one year more would destroy her. The richest and fairest territories of the Middle East would be turned into a smoking heap of ruins. Even the sufferings of the last year and a half could not be compared to the misery of the region in the heart of which the Raochin flag of destruction had been hoisted. The thousands of wounded, the hundreds of dead which this strife has already cost Novak should be a warning of the storm which would come.... "

OOC: Out of curiosity, was your speech done in Raochin? As you are reffering to a major city and Novakian citizens. If I may, it does seem rather odd that you could control the citizens of Raochin, e.g. all citizens within that territory that are his. I don't know where Novak is, but unless you emigrated them to Raochin again I think that would be rather difficult. Also, I've never really heard of Raochin mistreating his citizens in any way. He doesn't have the tech or infra that you have, but that doesn't mean he mistreats them. Its part of my RP job almost to look over the situation in my neighbors country, I've never noticed anything according to the nature you describe. I think you'd find support for a revolution as likely as you'd find support for a revolution within Rebel Army for them to cross over to being Aether Empire citizens.

OOC: Out of curiosity, was your speech done in Raochin? As you are reffering to a major city and Novakian citizens. If I may, it does seem rather odd that you could control the citizens of Raochin, e.g. all citizens within that territory that are his. I don't know where Novak is, but unless you emigrated them to Raochin again I think that would be rather difficult. Also, I've never really heard of Raochin mistreating his citizens in any way. He doesn't have the tech or infra that you have, but that doesn't mean he mistreats them. Its part of my RP job almost to look over the situation in my neighbors country, I've never noticed anything according to the nature you describe. I think you'd find support for a revolution as likely as you'd find support for a revolution within Rebel Army for them to cross over to being Aether Empire citizens.

OOC: You my friend should read your history before commenting. Novak was where Roachin is currently situated. Novak existed for quite a while there before Voodoo went of to Europe, he controlled Novak. As such he can RP a small Uprising, I see no problem in it lol.

OOC: You my friend should read your history before commenting. Novak was where Roachin is currently situated. Novak existed for quite a while there before Voodoo went of to Europe, he controlled Novak. As such he can RP a small Uprising, I see no problem in it lol.

OOC: I comment not based off the former history (for which we really don't have a comprehensive manual to which I can refer) but based on the idea that one cannot RP the actions of another players citizens based off their past history with the region. The region belongs to Raochin and as far as I understand the rules, unless Raochin agrees that he can control a segment of his citizens and RP a revolt I wasn't aware that was allowed. History or no history.

But at least you were kind enough to consider me a friend... why have you added me to your list then? I received no PM :P.

OOC: I comment not based off the former history (for which we really don't have a comprehensive manual to which I can refer) but based on the idea that one cannot RP the actions of another players citizens based off their past history with the region. The region belongs to Raochin and as far as I understand the rules, unless Raochin agrees that he can control a segment of his citizens and RP a revolt I wasn't aware that was allowed. History or no history.

But at least you were kind enough to consider me a friend... why have you added me to your list then? I received no PM :P .

OOC: As of now, I am currently RPing the former govt in exile and a few loyalists that followed them into RA's land, in RA.

A few hours later in a major city.

"Many years have passed since the unhappy day when the Novak people, blinded by promises from leaders at home, lost touch with freedom, thereby losing all. Since that day of treachery, the Almighty has withheld his blessing from our people. Dissension and hatred descended upon them. With profound distress thousands of the best Novakian men and women from all walks of life have seen the unity of the nation vanishing away. Since that day, Raochin has presented a picture of heartbreaking disunity. The former citizens of Novak never received the equality and fraternity they had been promised, and they lost their liberty to boot.

The misery of the Novakian people is horrible to behold! Many Novakians are unemployed and starving; the whole of the middle class and the small artisans have been impoverished. When this finally reaches the Novakian poor, we will be faced with an immeasurable disaster. For then not only shall a nation collapse, but a three-thousand-year-old inheritance, some of the loftiest products of human culture and civilization.

All about us the warning signs of this collapse are apparent. The Raochin government with its method of madness is making a powerful and insidious attack upon our dismayed and shattered lands. It seeks to poison and disrupt in order to hurl us into an epoch of chaos.... This negative, destroying spirit spared nothing of all that is highest and most valuable. Beginning with the family, it has undermined the very foundations of morality and faith and scoffs at culture and business, nation and home, justice and honor. Years of Raochin control have ruined Novak; one year more would destroy her. The richest and fairest territories of the Middle East would be turned into a smoking heap of ruins. Even the sufferings of the last year and a half could not be compared to the misery of the region in the heart of which the Raochin flag of destruction had been hoisted. The thousands of wounded, the hundreds of dead which this strife has already cost Novak should be a warning of the storm which would come.... "

Joao flicked the television at the end of his study off and took a deep smell of the cigar that was lightly burning in the tray next to him. "All these countries coming up again, reasserting themselves. It is a test to the willpower of a people, just as Portugal reaffirmed ourselves, so many other cultures have come to step up. The question is..." He tapped the ash into the tray. "Is what do these people stand for. They have proven that they desire their homeland back from those they deem as invaders and as is their right. Just as the Scottish gave up their hold on our lands. But there is much more to a destiny of a people than just land, dead earth and soil, that is what the Novakian people must ask themselves. What do they stand for after the baptism of fire, what to do seek to change in this world."

The stars gleamed brightly over Lisbon and the Mediterranean, just as they shown brightly over the Arabian Sea.

OOC: Now thats not fair at all, I have tried my best to protect the people and give as much freedoms as I could without giving up the emperor's control.Which as far as my RP is concerned all these abuses your claiming are false. Oh and I'm going to assume it was on a radio or something and that we heard it.

IC: The Emperor wasn't at all in a happy mood. He was called back from his first vacation in twenty years when they first migrated to the Arabian Peninsula. Some fanatic was trying to start something and he mentioned Raochin. The Emperor had only skimmed the speech, but from what he could discern this man was spewing out utter nonsense and false prophet like statements. Division among the people, bad conditions among the middle and lower classes, Balderdash. He had to set the record straight before other nations could use this as a chance to do an imperialistic "liberation" of his people.

"People of Raochin and the rest of the world. A few days ago you may have heard the false allegations of a man with bloody dreams of old times. He has said that we are not unified, and unequal. That people are unemployed and starving! Even that we are on the verge of collapse! I can assure all of you that this cannot be any further from the truth. Maybe conditions were better in the times of the passed nation of Novak, but when we arrived here twenty odd years ago THEN was a time of disunification, THEN was a tome of unemployed and starving, THEN was a time where the great people of Arabia were on the verge of collapse!

Right now the unemployment rate is as low as it can be. There is no lower class citizen that is unemployed in any major city, no Middle class citizen, nor is there an Upper class citizen. If they are unemployed for over a month they can seek work in government offices, and if they don't want that they can seek work in our private industries. Theres so many options for work that theres no excuse to be unemployed for more than a week! They have the right to vote for my advisors on the council, there is no oppressive Dictatorship here. We do not divide the people, in fact we encourage it with our underground road and Tram System that connects every major city in the country besides the Eritrean province which we are currently working on adding to the system. We have defenses in place to protect our people from those who wish unwell to them. To say we maltreat them is to say the sun never shines!

On the contrary to what this man has said we are not destroying the land or turning it to ash, we are actually working on irrigating areas of the desert and those close to the coasts. Anyone that would want to break this is up for their own gain is a greedy uncaring person.