What in the world is wrong with Planet Bob?

Francesca

I was having a conversation with my good friend President Kent this evening. We are both former Voxians and we both struggled against the Hegemony, which in President Kent's case was a nine-month long struggle, and mine three or four months. We both danced around an issue for about an hour before coming to a shocking conclusion.... we are both affected by the following:

Post-Voxitus: Apathy and a complete lack of motivation caused by overexertion towards a particular goal which, when fulfilled, leaves a sufferer feeling empty, lethargic and worthless.

Strange though it may seem, the New Pacific Order in all its stagnation provided many with a reason to play Cyber Nations. I never knew a world which Pacifica did not rule, I'm not quite sure how to play in this strange new political situation. I'm now looking for a different reason to play this game, a new goal for which I might strive. Nothing of interest has happened in the past month, I'm sick of waiting for Karma civil war, TOP aren't very good at being evil overlords, and frankly I can't be stuffed bringing them down. So, with a complete lack of stimulation, I'm really getting rather bored.

What are your thoughts?

(oh, and props to Kent for the Post-Voxitus definition.)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give it time, if you look close enough, you can already see sparks.

But I've been giving it time, and I'm boooooooored. I want some goddamn war already. There have already been sparks, and they were quickly dampened. Who's to say that won't keep happening?

But I've been giving it time, and I'm boooooooored. I want some goddamn war already. There have already been sparks, and they were quickly dampened. Who's to say that won't keep happening?

The war has only recently finished, these things don't happen overnight.

Also, "publicly" dampened? ;)

The war has only recently finished, these things don't happen overnight.

Perhaps not, but how long is it going to take? Another month or two? In the meantime, do we seriously have to just sit around listening to music on IRC while the war takes its sweet time? Thoughts like these make me want to join the NSO. But nobody wants that. :P

Also, "publicly" dampened? ;)

Lol, in some cases.

Perhaps not, but how long is it going to take? Another month or two? In the meantime, do we seriously have to just sit around listening to music on IRC while the war takes its sweet time? Thoughts like these make me want to join the NSO. But nobody wants that. :P

Be thankful that it is good, random, odd music.

What can I say? We just get on with it :v:

Don't worry. Eventually one of these sparks will actually ignite after the sides get tired of settling things diplomatically. It always happens.

Personally I was hoping that for a while after the Karma War ended, the top alliances would begin vying for power politically and possibly militarily. I thought there would be more than what's happening now though. :\

Still too many treaties binding everyone to each other, although the main offenders, the large alliances doing nothing except allowing NPO to run the show have been taken out, the other large alliances are quickly becoming accustomed to the same mentality.

No wars for a very very long time from where I stand.