Dragonisia implements pension system for workers nation wide.

Maelstrom Vortex

Craig Tweed, the Secretary of Labor stood before the press at a major news conference, "We have incredible news. With the war in the pacific over. a massive amount of money.. approximately one trillion talons, which was going to go towards weapons spending has been diverted into the Dragonisian Social Security fund as a seeding pool from the Sovereign Wealth Fund. Along with a payroll tax, this fund will form the backbone of a new pension system for workers nation wide. To benefit from the system you must first put into it. The one trillion in the fund is not to provide any additional benefit to the fund users, but to accomodate the ebb and flow of population growth so as to prevent a catastrophic collapse due to a flux in demographics. The fund will invest in bonds in secure global nations and corporations and the growth will be reinvested. We think guaranteeing a future for Dragonisia's laborers are a corner stone of this Meritocracy. You have earned your status and once you have helped build society.. society should not abandon you. We thank the press for its time. We will answer questions at this time."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: It's 1 out of 5 trillion. It was actually ruled worth more than that at one point, but I cut it down myself.

I even started tracking it because it became a significant issue: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1316381

ooc: There'd be no economic crisis or inflation if the government doesn't release the money from the treasury in a massive flood. That's what federal reserve systems are for.. and interest rates. Unfortunately, half the folks who rp nations, have no idea how the intricacies of their engines actually function. If anything, a government able to back their currency in wealth is likely to see deflation as the value of their currency would be stabler and higher.. based on how much wealth they used to back each bill/denomination. If anything, I might get deflation but what is more likely to happen is simply the same old thing long as I don't actually imbalance the economy by injecting that cash into use.

OOC: For reasons stated above, I call bs. No way this is possible.

ooc: Try to get a GM to call bs. I bet you they won't. They know the history behind this. I go through great lengths to rp my nation's economic development and planning and have trade treaties spanning the globe at times.

OOC: Yes, but still.....one trillion! :awesome:

OOC: Look it this way - if he devised a way to acquire plenty of funds, even if its possibility of succeeding is only remote - but is not using it to build game breaking weapons or buy absurd amounts of land but rather to develop his own societal workings, who cares?