Atlas Empire Takes Control

Fizzydog

[img]http://dd-rd.ca/site/_images/front_page/mauritania_flag_.jpg[/img]

Signs of extreme silence from the Zarmonian Federation have gone on too long. Due to the Rebel Army's extreme range of control, we have temporarily move into this abandoned nation to stop chaos. Because the Rebel Army has their hands full with thousands of miles of African and Middle Eastern land, not to mention obvious unrest in the Former Ottoman Republic and Flueve, we believe it is best for a local power to take control. 10,000 lightly armed peacekeepers will move into the nation until further notice.

We wish for this not to be an aggressive move, and if the Rebel Army wishes to speak of this mvoe they may invite us to talks. Atlas fully recognizes the doctrine established by the Rebel Army, but find it best for a local power to take control. Due to the huge distance between Rebel Army and Zarmonia, supplies could take very long to reach this area, not to mention other crisis zones the Army has under their thumb.

This move is a peaceful one. Furthermore, it is only between the Rebel Army and us. Other nations need not intervene. If the RA is bothered by this, we shall talk about it [i]peacefully[/i] and in a [i]gentleman's [/i] way, unlike other war mongering regions of the world.

~ Atlas Empire and Government

OoC: Doctrines shmoctrines, if Lavo has a problem I'll let him take it. Other than that, no rp from lavo = not his land.]

and marci's last sign in was January 24th. Over 25 days there.

Edited by Fizzydog

"Instead of violating doctrines, we are offering complete convienence to the Zarmonian people. If Rebel Army wishes for the land to be theirs via doctrine, we will allow it, but a collapsed nation needs immediate help, which the Rebels cannot do."

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299536969' post='2655810']
[img]http://dd-rd.ca/site/_images/front_page/mauritania_flag_.jpg[/img]

Signs of extreme silence from the Zarmonian Federation have gone on too long. Due to the Rebel Army's extreme range of control, we have temporarily move into this abandoned nation to stop chaos. Because the Rebel Army has their hands full with thousands of miles of African and Middle Eastern land, not to mention obvious unrest in the Former Ottoman Republic and Flueve, we believe it is best for a local power to take control. 10,000 lightly armed peacekeepers will move into the nation until further notice.

We wish for this not to be an aggressive move, and if the Rebel Army wishes to speak of this mvoe they may invite us to talks. Atlas fully recognizes the doctrine established by the Rebel Army, but find it best for a local power to take control. Due to the huge distance between Rebel Army and Zarmonia, supplies could take very long to reach this area, not to mention other crisis zones the Army has under their thumb.

This move is a peaceful one. Furthermore, it is only between the Rebel Army and us. Other nations need not intervene. If the RA is bothered by this, we shall talk about it [i]peacefully[/i] and in a [i]gentleman's [/i] way, unlike other war mongering regions of the world.

~ Atlas Empire and Government

OoC: Doctrines shmoctrines, if Lavo has a problem I'll let him take it. Other than that, no rp from lavo = not his land.]

and marci's last sign in was January 24th. Over 25 days there.
[/quote]

"Let's break this down, shall we?

1. This is an aggressive move, no matter how the Atlas Empire wishes it to be taken. You invaded sovereign soil, of a nation that was in anarchy, whose ground was covered by a doctrine of another sovereign nation, this one active. Therefore, your move is neither peaceful nor not aggressive.

2. The Rebel Army is not overextended. They've shown themselves to be a longstanding stable nation that has the flexibility to protect large swaths of land while at the same time caring for the populace in those lands.

3. Instead of invade further, then use diplomacy with a nation, the United Kingdom suggests you pull out of the land at once and then proceed with diplomatic talks with the nation who rightfully owns the land you have unlawfully invaded."

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299537407' post='2655822']
"Instead of violating doctrines, we are offering complete convienence to the Zarmonian people. If Rebel Army wishes for the land to be theirs via doctrine, we will allow it, but a collapsed nation needs immediate help, which the Rebels cannot do."
[/quote]

"By your invasion you have violated the Rebel Army's doctrine and therefore basically declared war on them. This is a massive breach of Rebel Army's sovereignty. Shoot first, and ask questions later is not a very well thought of tool in the modern age."

"Perhaps, but while good faithed, taking complete control of an entire continents affairs is extremely dangerous and reckless. Soon Rebel Army will be spread too thin, with only minimun assistance being offered. It is best for the peoples of Zarmonia to have a more direct aid, which can be entirely focused on them instead of a poverty filled continent. We promise the Zarmonian people will be under good control until they are strong enough for a new government."

[quote name='LBT88' timestamp='1299538228' post='2655843']
Nova Scotia condemns this aggressive action by the Atlas Empire.
[/quote]
"Nova Scotia is a coward nation."

"All we ask for is understanding. Immediate, direct flow of aid can come through our borders. Rebel Army must spread its aid around Africa. Thus, it is best for us to take control until Rebel Army states its views."

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1299540322' post='2655876']
I simply must know. How the $%&@ did Nova Scotia's statement at all imply this.
[/quote]
"Nations who swear over public channels are completely immature.

Furthermore, Nova Scotia always heads with what is the bigger answer. They have no opinions. They just go with the flow."

Atlas Empire was the first one to respond. As long as they turn over the former country to Rebel Army when RA request it, we see no issue. Just because one has promised to do something, doesn't mean such person can prevent others from doing it first.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1299541298' post='2655889']
Atlas Empire was the first one to respond. As long as they turn over the former country to Rebel Army when RA request it, we see no issue. Just because one has promised to do something, doesn't mean such person can prevent others from doing it first.
[/quote]
"But how dare we, since obviously doctrines and papers are far more important than the safety of citizens in this anarchic land."

Edited by Fizzydog

"While good in merit, the PRA feels that this move lacks thought. One should have asked, through diplomatic channels to make sure that this move was made with the approval of the Rebel Army. "

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1299542217' post='2655916']
"While good in merit, the PRA feels that this move lacks thought. One should have asked, through diplomatic channels to make sure that this move was made with the approval of the Rebel Army. "
[/quote]
"We would have rather saved lives than sit around and wait for a countries approval."

Edited by Fizzydog

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299542508' post='2655918']
"We would have rather saved lives than sit around and wait for a countries approval."
[/quote]

"But you fail to take into account the fact that you also risk causing more deaths by making a blatant move such as this."

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299542508' post='2655918']
[/quote]

"Well than you will have to deal with the consequences of your 'moralistic' ways"

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1299540562' post='2655880']
"Nations who swear over public channels are completely immature.

Furthermore, Nova Scotia always heads with what is the bigger answer. They have no opinions. They just go with the flow."
[/quote]
I'm sowwy if we used a bad wowd. We'll use nice wittow wowds fwom now on.

If anyone is immature, it is you. To call a sovereign, respected nation 'cowardly' for no reason is childish beyond all doubt.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1299543075' post='2655929']
I'm sowwy if we used a bad wowd. We'll use nice wittow wowds fwom now on.

If anyone is immature, it is you. To call a sovereign, respected nation 'cowardly' for no reason is childish beyond all doubt.
[/quote]

**Private**

With the click of the button the television in the dinning room of Schönbrunn Palace flickered off as Maria and her brother, Franz, turned back to their food.

"Franz, did you ever get the feeling that diplomacy has been in a steady decline for the last century?"

Her brother looked back at the blackened television, then back down at his schnitzel, placed a forkful into his mouth. "It is why we stick to Europe sister and most likely why we should simply stick to Austria. Though I'm sure they mean well."

"Something happens in Africa and every single nation in the world, barely any of which are on the African Continent or involved in African affairs have to stick up for Rebel Army. Why not let the Rebels handle it? It's their territory anyways."

Franz chuckled and raised a finger. "One must always look good for the boss."

"Well it makes for terrible television."

He chuckled again, "On the contrary, it makes for wonderful comedy."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: Lavo is locked, you can't take any aggressive actions against him until he unlocks himself or he goes past the activity date I think. Although this is against land that he technically doesn't own just has jurisdiction over. In any case has anyone looked at his stats recently? I don't think he has the area to cover Africa anymore.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1299546616' post='2656008']
OOC: Seeing as in-game stats or locks have nothing to do with this, Zephyr... sigh

IC: Scotland Egalita offers support to Rebel Army.
[/quote]
"We echo Scotland's statement, but they are seeminly too ignorant to realize that. We have, this whole time, supported Rebel Army but are merely lending a hand to a fallen nation. Ofcourse, this is obvious aggressive and destructive action that must be dealt with by war, since that is how everything is dealt with."

[code]We see no issue with upstart nations flexing a little ambition. It is simply the thought that counts. We recognize the move done by the Atlas, and also expect that the Rebel Army will act graciously, rather than territorial when it comes to this issue. They have shown they are more than capable of flexing diplomatic, opposed to military might.[/code]

OOC: This is IC"ly Tongue-in-cheek.