Pacific News Network International: Issue 12

[quote name='Shadow the Hedgehog' timestamp='1299931394' post='2661406']
My nation is deleted?

Interesting because I just got done checking it. Nice try though
[/quote]

My apologies. I was slightly misinformed. It wasn't you, it was "Lord Lookin", who wrote one of the propaganda articles you posted.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1299994458' post='2662478']
My apologies. I was slightly misinformed. It wasn't you, it was "Lord Lookin", who wrote one of the propaganda articles you posted.
[/quote]
Lord Lookin has other responsibilities aside from the care of his nation that took him away from Plenet Bob. A patriot he was and is and you would do well to find out facts before eating your foot.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1299734067' post='2658284']
Being such a young nation you could be excused from realizing that the vast majority of nations also have more defensive casualties than offensive ones. That's only due to the laws of Admin. He in his infinite wisdom ordained that each nation shall have three defensive war slots as well as three offensive. Also due to His wisdom larger nations can war on smaller ones and so most nations will declare against smaller nations on the offensive side while facing larger nations on the defensive side. As a result most nations will naturally have more defensive casualties as they defend against larger and more capable nations.
[/quote]
While this is part of the reason, it's a small part. The main reason is that nuclear weapons cause defensive casualties in large numbers, and do not cause any offensive casualties at all. So nations involved in nuclear wars (that aren't turtling) acquire defensive casualties much more quickly than offensive casualties.

[quote name='Spaniard United' timestamp='1300031650' post='2662967']
Lord Lookin has other responsibilities aside from the care of his nation that took him away from Plenet Bob. A patriot he was and is and you would do well to find out facts before eating your foot.
[/quote]

I'd hardly call it eating my foot.

First, I didn't make any assumptions. I did preface my comments with a prompt to correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, Lord Lookin did post propaganda, and did declare on Bad Horse, did lose badly, and did delete his nation, correct? Sure, there was more to it than that, but those events did happen. So far you haven't filled me in on a whole lot except inform me that he had other responsibilities. That's pretty vague.
Sure. We all have other responsibilities.

I can buy that an emergency forced him to resign from his duties (which then caused his nation to collapse), but you have to admit the timing is pretty hilarious.

P.S. u mad.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1300081333' post='2664223']
I'd hardly call it eating my foot.

First, I didn't make any assumptions. I did preface my comments with a prompt to correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, Lord Lookin did post propaganda, and did declare on Bad Horse, did lose badly, and did delete his nation, correct? Sure, there was more to it than that, but those events did happen. So far you haven't filled me in on a whole lot except inform me that he had other responsibilities. That's pretty vague.
Sure. We all have other responsibilities.

I can buy that an emergency forced him to resign from his duties (which then caused his nation to collapse), but you have to admit the timing is pretty hilarious.

P.S. u mad.
[/quote]
He was called away to another planet, that would be why the governance of his nation on this one suffered greatly to the point of demise. He was a loyal Pacifican and a close friend to a a lot of us, so yeah we are mad that he was called away with out a choice and then someone tries to use it as PR.

Consider yourself corrected.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1300084759' post='2664269']
He was called away to another planet, that would be why the governance of his nation on this one suffered greatly to the point of demise. He was a loyal Pacifican and a close friend to a a lot of us, so yeah we are mad that he was called away with out a choice and then someone tries to use it as PR.

Consider yourself corrected.
[/quote]

The only correction necessary was Dr. Beefstupid's use of the word 'OP'. Other than that, nobody gives a $%&@ less about 'another planet'. Your boy gave up and decided that there were more important things to do with his time than to support NPO in this war. He's right, you know... :smug:

Lord Lookin is unable to access our realm anymore because of a sudden change in [ooc]RL[/ooc] circumstances. You really are jerks for trying to turn that into some kind of propaganda statement.

Rhetorical questions melt my brain. Can't you just keep it to the time-honoured "our enemies flee before our might" nonsense and so on and so forth? You know, this sort of thing
[quote][size="5"]5 MILLION PACIFICAN TROOPS SURRENDER TO NORDREICH FORCES[/size]
[size="3"]"I don't know where we're going to put them all" comments shocked NoR obergefreiter.[/size][/quote]

Edited by Velka