The GM's Court

Executive Minister

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aggressivenutmeg' timestamp='1307854692' post='2729617']
What would tactical ballistic missiles count as? They are not quite rocket artillary and not quite short-range ballisitc missiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_ballistic_missile
[/quote]
Probably either your IG cruise missile count or common sense, based off what warhead you have.

[quote name='Aggressivenutmeg' timestamp='1307854692' post='2729617']
What would tactical ballistic missiles count as? They are not quite rocket artillary and not quite short-range ballisitc missiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_ballistic_missile
[/quote]
Probably either your IG cruise missile count or common sense, based off what warhead you have.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1307845115' post='2729523']
I'm all for Voodoo having no troops in the region, yet he's bluffed and declared it his protectorate. Consider this a ruling. Everyone will need to *gasp* RP out what comes next.
[/quote]

I have no problems with RPing this out myself (hell, my attempts at diplomacy were ignored for four weeks until i sent troops in) but since Voodoo has no warning systems, troops or anything under his control installed there i would like to know what the current status of the attacks sent towards me is, as well as whether his allies (Cent specifically) were able to be notified.

Kind of need that to figure out what to respond to in my next post.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1307881743' post='2729782']
[IMG]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/kousenkankou/minillaislandspy.jpg[/IMG]

Rolls against Minilla Island for false flag operations.
[/quote]

[img]http://data.treksimming.com/rolls/rollskankou2.png[/img]

1-50 being failure and 51-100 success, 2 failed rolls.

[quote name='Amyante' timestamp='1307870420' post='2729741']
I have no problems with RPing this out myself (hell, my attempts at diplomacy were ignored for four weeks until i sent troops in) but since Voodoo has no warning systems, troops or anything under his control installed there i would like to know what the current status of the attacks sent towards me is, as well as whether his allies (Cent specifically) were able to be notified.

Kind of need that to figure out what to respond to in my next post.
[/quote]

Spy satellites can detect the tiniest movements.

If you want something done right....

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1307751441' post='2728885']
**Classified**
Every Novakian ally was notified of the assault on Novakian protectorate territory and was requested to assist.

[b]Soloman ordered troops to wait until being fired upon. [/b]An anti-satellite missile was fired at the Zargathain satellite over the protectorate region.[b] A squadron of bombers were giving their targets of last known coordinates of platoons entering the territory and took off towards them. They were assisted by two of the fighter squadrons in the area.[/b] Novaki military outfits in the UFE were put in to high alert to prepare for war.
[/quote]

Bolded is gone. Novak has fired the first shot of this war by launching an anti-satellite missile at Zargathia.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1307751982' post='2728889']
With a request from Novak confirming what Athenian satellites had already seen the nation as a whole was taken to Alert Condition Beta.

20,000 Thracians at Cam Ranh Bay were prepared for rapid deployment to the protectorate, of the remaining forces another 100,000 soldiers, 1,200 tanks and 1,500 support vehicles would begin deployment upon permission from the UFE to pass through.

A general statement was released to parliament, foreign diplomats and world press.

[/quote]

All fine.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1307893689' post='2729857']
Amyante, can you drop the link of what you mean? Keeping in mind that Voodoo has NO TROOPS IN THE AREA i'll determine what you'll need to do.

@Cent, can you elaborate further?
[/quote]

This: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101687&view=findpost&p=2728885

The only thing I can see possible is the anti-satellite missile, and even then, I don't see how he'll be able to so easily shoot that over half the continent (Malatose's particular impossible use of spam comes to mind for some reason)

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1307893607' post='2729856']
Zargathia is a big country. How are you making sure that you have pin-point accuracy while watching every site of interest?
[/quote]
Cent is right. However, I would say the response was too quick, given how Voodoo shouldn't be able to RP anything [b]within[/b] his proclaimed protectorate

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1307893607' post='2729856']
Zargathia is a big country. How are you making sure that you have pin-point accuracy while watching every site of interest?
[/quote]

Voodoo just needs to have his sats over the former Xinyan

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1307893689' post='2729857']
Amyante, can you drop the link of what you mean? Keeping in mind that Voodoo has NO TROOPS IN THE AREA i'll determine what you'll need to do.

@Cent, can you elaborate further?
[/quote]

My response was to Amyante's argument about how Voodoo would be able to know the region was under attack, not so nuch how I could confirm it. That said my satintel works through a combination of fixed and not fixed satellites, while delayed there would be images detecting the attack as the satellites circle the world.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1307894553' post='2729868']
If you want something done right....

Bolded is gone. Novak has fired the first shot of this war by launching an anti-satellite missile at Zargathia.

All fine.
[/quote]

So let me get this straight. As a GM you are taking the initiative to ALTER events to make Voodoo the aggressor? This has to be gross GM abuse. If you are going to alter the moves, you cannot void the basis for a decision but leave a decision in place so as to benefit one side or another politically.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1307898486' post='2729910']
So let me get this straight. As a GM you are taking the initiative to ALTER events to make Voodoo the aggressor? This has to be gross GM abuse. If you are going to alter the moves, you cannot void the basis for a decision but leave a decision in place so as to benefit one side or another politically.
[/quote]

Voodoo ignored the GM ruling prohibiting him from RPing military in Xinyan without him deploying stuff there. The portions bolded by EM are thus subject to be wiped.

Voodoo, please conform to the GM rulings. You need to RP deploying your military to Xinyan to RP any military action emanating from Xinyan.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1307901905' post='2729939']
Voodoo ignored the GM ruling prohibiting him from RPing military in Xinyan without him deploying stuff there. The portions bolded by EM are thus subject to be wiped.

Voodoo, please conform to the GM rulings. You need to RP deploying your military to Xinyan to RP any military action emanating from Xinyan.
[/quote]

That isn't the issue Cochin. The issue is Voodoo's attack on Zargathia's satellites was CLEARLY in response to Zargathia firing on his troops. He explicitly RPed as such. What was done here was to nullify the reasoning for Voodoo firing defensively and changing the firing to offensive which was out of whack with what he was explicitly doing. Either wipe Voodoo's entire post or none at all. The GMs simply do not have the right to alter IC strategy or tactics of another player so as to benefit one side of a dispute politically by changing who fired the first shot. If its the ruling of the GM that he had no military in Xinyan, than his entire post should be wiped and he should be given the opportunity to make an IC decision on how he responds based on that.