Greater Dalmatia issues ultimatum to the Greater Korean Federation

Malatose

[quote name='Malatose' timestamp='1294781243' post='2572256']
While we respect everyone's opinion, the international community must realize that the Greater Korean Federation has done nothing but release a vague statement condemning the attack. No evidence exempting them from the attack or anything. On the other hand, we have a video evidence plus the caskets of over two hundred dead sailors to support our claims. As such, the ultimatum against the Greater Korean Federation continues to remain in effect. The corrupt, segregationist, and terrorist state of the Greater Korean Federation has 48 hours to submit to the demands of the ultimatum or else.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs[/quote]The murder of Dalmatian sailors is an evident truth, but Greater Dalmatia’s reasoning in determining the party responsible is less clear. A lack of evidence exempting the Greater Korean Federation from this attack does not indicate culpability. Absence of evidence is not evidence! Argumentum ad ignorantiam, translated from Latin as an appeal to ignorance, is an informal logical fallacy. It could be equally asserted that there is also a lack of evidence exempting every other existing country, [b]including my own[/b], from this attack on Dalmatia. The burden of proof is on the Dalmatian nation who is producing this accusation.

Perhaps Dalmatia would like to explain in greater detail (for purposes of clarification) how the Greater Korean Federation is either a corrupt, segregationist, or terrorist state? A vague statement condemning this attack is an appropriate response.

The video evidence presented by Dalmatia clearly identifies Po Ta To, "The Man With the Unfortunate Name", as perpitrator of this act of mass murder. Po Ta To, a self-described mercenary, could literally be working for [u]anyone[/u]! How many enemies does Dalmatia have in the world? How many of those enemies have resources enough to stage this incident? Furthermore it is folly to prematurely discount non-state actors; many groups in the past have had the ability to carry out similar operations.

[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/Tropico2.gif[/img][/center][center]From the office of Catalina Martinez, interim Procinctian administrator[/center]

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Procinctia’s analysis of independent sources indicate that the “Greater” Nordic Empire of Dalmatia might currently mobilizing for what we believe to be an imminent all-out assault on the Greater Korean Federation, it seems the ultimatum will carried through.

As an inevitable war dawns Dalmatia has yet to produce “evidence” incriminating Korea’s involvement.

This sort of retaliation without confirmation is reprisal without direction.

Blindly lashing out, like a wounded animal, is hardly suitable behavior for a modern country.

The childishly chaotic and disrespectfully disorderly way Dalmatia has chosen to respond disappoints Procinctia.

We honestly expected better.
[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/Tropico2.gif[/img][/center][center]From the office of Catalina Martinez, interim Procinctian administrator[/center]

Edited by Generalissimo

We agree with Procinctia here. It is clear Dalmatia never intended to release any evidence that Korea was actually involved in this attack--clearly you only intend to use this as an excuse to invade. This is a slap in the face to the loved ones of those who lost their lives in the horrific attack that is now being used by Dalmatia to threaten war against the people of an uninvolved country on the other side of the world.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1294900672' post='2573864']
We agree with Procinctia here. It is clear Dalmatia never intended to release any evidence that Korea was actually involved in this attack--clearly you only intend to use this as an excuse to invade. This is a slap in the face to the loved ones of those who lost their lives in the horrific attack that is now being used by Dalmatia to threaten war against the people of an uninvolved country on the other side of the world.
[/quote]

Evidence has been released upon request of it. Dalmatia has made no diplomatic error in releasing the evidence which was in its possession. This ultimatum to Korea is certainly warranted considering the large amount of evidence already against the Korean Government, the more telling of which was ignored by decriers of this ultimatum. I would never consider not taking action to be a reasonable response to the deaths of hundreds of Dalmatian sailors who were unnecessarily killed by the Korean Government. Regardless of their position on Earth, Korea deserves to pay for what it has done to our people.

What evidence pointing to Korean collusion has Dalmatia produced so far, apart from one single video apparently created by the terrorist who destroyed the Dalmatian ship? What are these large amounts of evidence upon which this ultimatum is based upon?

Greater Korea requests that the deadline be extended another 48 hours. The chaos from the nuclear attacks are putting a great strain on us, and we need to get things organized before we can do a comprehensive response.

*Private to UFE*

Please use your good offices to hold off the Nordic Empire until we can prepare a response. Thank you.

The Empire of Pravus Ingruo feels that both nations are merely stalling at this point. To the Koreans: how hard is it to generate a "yes" or "no" response to an ultimatum? Honestly. And to the Nordic Empire: Your deadline has come and gone. It is time to prove yourself either men of words or men of actions.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1294944235' post='2574242']
OOC: There is a legit OOC issue, Vektor has letting their be an OOC delay when there is not an IC one.
[/quote]

OOC: IC =/= OOC. My IC characters know nothing of OOC issues. Korea asked for the deadline to be extended "another" 48 hours, implying that the original 48 hours had passed. That was the reason for the comment, and it stands.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1294947259' post='2574296']
OOC: IC =/= OOC. My IC characters know nothing of OOC issues. Korea asked for the deadline to be extended "another" 48 hours, implying that the original 48 hours had passed. That was the reason for the comment, and it stands.
[/quote]

OOC: While that may have been the original idea it does not need to be read as such, it could also be a government requesting an extension well before the deadline passed. After all do you wait until 1 minute before its due to postpone something?

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1294959049' post='2574419']
OOC: That's how it read to my government ICly. Don't like it? I don't care. Quit your !@#$%*ing. The comment stands from my government. Have a reaction? Make it IC.
[/quote]

OOC: Sucks that Vektor sets the frame of the rp he starts, doesn't it? Or Kankou of the posts she makes?

Edited by Centurius

OOC: That's how it read to my government ICly. Don't like it? I don't care. Quit your !@#$%*ing. The comment stands from my government. Have a reaction? Make it IC.
[/quote]
OOC: Do you have to be aggressive and rude in absolutely every response you make? Cripes.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1294929595' post='2574053']
Greater Korea requests that the deadline be extended [b]another[/b] 48 hours. The chaos from the nuclear attacks are putting a great strain on us, and we need to get things organized before we can do a comprehensive response.
[/quote]
[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1294960200' post='2574433']
OOC: Sucks that Vektor sets the frame of the rp he starts, doesn't it? Or Kankou of the posts she makes?
[/quote]

OOC: I quoted and bolded the relevant section for you. The word "another", in the English language, means further or additional... in this case time. Which would imply that further or additional time was needed. Which would imply that the original amount of time had already expired or was close to expiring. Which would make my comment correct.

This English Lesson has been made possible by a generous grant from SMH Productions.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1294963057' post='2574469']
OOC: Do you have to be aggressive and rude in absolutely every response you make? Cripes.
[/quote]

OOC: Who are you and why are you getting involved in a disagreement that doesn't concern you? Yeah, that's what I thought.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1294964000' post='2574493']
OOC: I quoted and bolded the relevant section for you. The word "another", in the English language, means further or additional... in this case time. Which would imply that further or additional time was needed. Which would imply that the original amount of time had already expired or was close to expiring. Which would make my comment correct.

This English Lesson has been made possible by a generous grant from SMH Productions.
[/quote]

OOC: When I order a drink I can order another before I have finished the current one, nowehere does the word 'another' require you to have finished the first.

[/quote]

IC: The Kingdom of Cochin advices Empire of Pravus Ingruo to not exacerbate this situation when the path of diplomacy is still open. In a Asia-Europe issue, we advice a North American nation like Pravus Ingruo to not get involved.

OOC: This is a RP principally between Malatose and Kankou. If they have no problem in holding the RP for a while, what is your problem? If you dont like it, stop reading this thread, go elsewhere to spread your "much appreciated" pontification.

Edited by king of cochin

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1295003946' post='2574976']
IC: The Kingdom of Cochin advices Empire of Pravus Ingruo to not exacerbate this situation when the path of diplomacy is still open. In a Asia-Europe issue, we advice a North American nation like Pravus Ingruo to not get involved.

OOC: This is a RP principally between Malatose and Kankou. If they have no problem in holding the RP for a while, what is your problem? If you dont like it, stop reading this thread, go elsewhere to spread your "much appreciated" pontification.
[/quote]

IC: Considering we have forces in the region and are allied to the UFE, who would most likely be involved in some manner should war break out, we are very much involved in this issue. We would advise the Kingdom to become more up to date on events before commenting.

OOC: And it's not a closed thread, meaning I can take my "pontification" wherever I please. Don't like it? Not my problem.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1295015848' post='2575061']
IC: Considering we have forces in the region and are allied to the UFE, who would most likely be involved in some manner should war break out, we are very much involved in this issue. We would advise the Kingdom to become more up to date on events before commenting.

OOC: And it's not a closed thread, meaning I can take my "pontification" wherever I please. Don't like it? Not my problem.
[/quote]

Considering that Pravus Ingruo are guests in the region and considering that your ally UFE is maintaining neutrality in this issue with potential capabilities as a mediator to resolve this dispute diplomatically, we assumed that Pravus Ingruo would be much wiser than exhort violence in such irresponsible manner. It seems we were wrong in making assumptions regarding Pravus Ingruos' sagacity and reason. Again this is not an issue you are involved in. We would advice the Empire to take note of what its allies are doing before commenting.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1295019630' post='2575101']
Considering that Pravus Ingruo are guests in the region and considering that your ally UFE is maintaining neutrality in this issue with potential capabilities as a mediator to resolve this dispute diplomatically, we assumed that Pravus Ingruo would be much wiser than exhort violence in such irresponsible manner. It seems we were wrong in making assumptions regarding Pravus Ingruos' sagacity and reason. Again this is not an issue you are involved in. We would advice the Empire to take note of what its allies are doing before commenting.
[/quote]

We are not, however, [b]your[/b] guests. The UFE is maintaining neutrality, in our view, because they are being forced to due to conflicting treaties. We privately suspect that if they had their druthers they would be supporting one side over the other, but this is not the place for idle speculation. It is no secret that our nation and the Koreans do not get along, and it is also no secret that the Koreans have been an antagonizing force on North America recently. It is not so nice, I see, with the shoe on the other foot now? Furthermore, we exhorted that the Koreans and Nords make a decision, one way or the other. The Koreans must decide if they are to accept the ultimatum, thus avoiding war, or shun it, bringing war. The Nords must decide if they are a nation of words, thus avoiding war, or actions, bringing war. In no way did we say "Hey, throw down already, we're bored." We called upon them to make a choice, because we are bored. The choice, and the path it leads down, is completely up to them. Finally, if our ally is involved in an issue, then you can be damn sure we're involved as well.

[center][b]Announcement from the Office of the Executor of Security[/b][/center]

New evidence has accumulated in the case against the Greater Korean Federation. A man who is well-connected to numerous terrorist attacks against the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia was apprehended last week in Uzbekistan. With him was found numerous documents detailing a direct relationship and involvement in coordinating several terrorist attacks, ranging from failed, to cast aside, to thwarted, to successful, as well as documents connecting him directly to the Government of the Greater Korean Federation. The man also admitted to working for the Greater Korean Federation in an extensive capacity, and records found with him and his group upon their apprehension directly with the Government of the Greater Korean Federation. Through these events and documents, the GKF has been linked directly as having done the following injustices against the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia:

- Supplying of a terrorist organization with intent to harm the integrity of the Government of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Supplying of a terrorist organization with intent to harm the citizens of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Conspiracy to subplot the Government of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Conspiracy to cause harm to the citizens of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia

All information regarding this incident and the apprehension, including all evidence available, is permitted to be released via secure channels to the government of any nation requesting it.

OOC: That last line means read this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97045

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1295060436' post='2575654']
[center][b]Announcement from the Office of the Executor of Security[/b][/center]

New evidence has accumulated in the case against the Greater Korean Federation. A man who is well-connected to numerous terrorist attacks against the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia was apprehended last week in Uzbekistan. With him was found numerous documents detailing a direct relationship and involvement in coordinating several terrorist attacks, ranging from failed, to cast aside, to thwarted, to successful, as well as documents connecting him directly to the Government of the Greater Korean Federation. The man also admitted to working for the Greater Korean Federation in an extensive capacity, and records found with him and his group upon their apprehension directly with the Government of the Greater Korean Federation. Through these events and documents, the GKF has been linked directly as having done the following injustices against the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia:

- Supplying of a terrorist organization with intent to harm the integrity of the Government of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Supplying of a terrorist organization with intent to harm the citizens of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Conspiracy to subplot the Government of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia
- Conspiracy to cause harm to the citizens of the Greater Nordic Empire of Dalmatia

All information regarding this incident and the apprehension, including all evidence available, is permitted to be released via secure channels to the government of any nation requesting it.

OOC: That last line means read this thread: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97045"]http://forums.cybern...showtopic=97045[/url]
[/quote]

"Gardenia would like to request this information."
- Joyce Verry (Gardenian Minister of Justice)

Edited by kitex