Foreign Ministry or Harbor

L33t G33k

Which is better  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I now have oper 1k pop and am looking at improvements. The guide suggests a hraborbut it seems rather outdated, and looking at things a foreign ministry looks better.

Foreign Ministry - $120,000 - Increases population income +5%. Opens +1 extra foreign aid slot. Limit one foreign ministry per nation.
Harbor - $200,000 - Increases population income +1%. Opens +1 extra trade slot. Limit one harbor per nation.

A foreign ministry costs 70,000 less than a harbor and increases my citizen income by 5% instead of just 1% so it seems to me a foreign ministry would be better but what do you think. Would I benefit more from an extra trade slot or an extra aid slot?

You keep forgetting a foreign ministry is more than just 5% more income, its another aid slot. IMO as I think about it, I think i could put another aid slot to better use than another trade slot. As far as trades, I just changes colors today so I canceled my existing trade. Aside from obtaining microchips, I couldn't tell you what else to fill my slots with, and with the right partner i'd only need 1 slot for that, then i have 3 to get fish and wheet, it sounds to me I am good on trade slots for now...unless u have a better plan.

You keep forgetting a foreign ministry is more than just 5% more income, its another aid slot. IMO as I think about it, I think i could put another aid slot to better use than another trade slot. As far as trades, I just changes colors today so I canceled my existing trade. Aside from obtaining microchips, I couldn't tell you what else to fill my slots with, and with the right partner i'd only need 1 slot for that, then i have 3 to get fish and wheet, it sounds to me I am good on trade slots for now...unless u have a better plan.

If you intend to be a serious tech trader, yes the extra aid slot is useful. But unless you want to be dedicated to tech trading until you are over the 1K infa mark, you will be better off with a harbor.

Also, if you will take a look at my nation, I have what is considered to be an ideal trade set. You won't get that on 4 slots.

The harbour really should be the only choice unless you are receiving $3 million in every slot, or doing tech deals. If your aid slots aren't going to be full all the time, there is no reason not to get the harbour.

By the way, look at some of the bonuses that resources give you, there is no way you should have open trade slots!

Edited by Drai

The harbour really should be the only choice unless you are receiving $3 million in every slot, or doing tech deals. If your aid slots aren't going to be full all the time, there is no reason not to get the harbour.

By the way, look at some of the bonuses that resources give you, there is no way you should have open trade slots!

You mean besides the fact that its more expensive and I don't need the 5th slot.

For my trade right now i got Gold and Iron

I have a current trade for Fish and Lead

I have pending trades for:

- Marble

- Pigs

- Rubber

- Gems

- Oil

- Wheet

I see need for nothing more, I am thinking of waiting til i get nukes, then get a harbor then and trade for unranium and some other random resource I don't have. Unless anyone has a better suggestion.

You mean besides the fact that its more expensive and I don't need the 5th slot.

- Marble

- Pigs

- Rubber

- Gems

- Oil

- Wheet

I see need for nothing more, I am thinking of waiting til i get nukes, then get a harbor then and trade for unranium and some other random resource I don't have. Unless anyone has a better suggestion.

With your resources, get a harbour and then the 5 bonus combo. That will significantly lower infa bills, and will grow your nation steadily. You will find a need for that 5th slot long before you reach nuke level. To succeed in the game you need good trades, and you don't get good trades with only 4 slots. Plus, you may well be able to get the harbor for free, as some people may pay for your harbor to trade with you.

With your resources, get a harbour and then the 5 bonus combo. That will significantly lower infa bills, and will grow your nation steadily. You will find a need for that 5th slot long before you reach nuke level. To succeed in the game you need good trades, and you don't get good trades with only 4 slots. Plus, you may well be able to get the harbor for free, as some people may pay for your harbor to trade with you.

the money is not really a problem concidering i got 500k surplus with more on the way from tech deals. Actually I am at 1,707 supporters with 1,372 working citizens, are imporovements based on supporters or working citizens, either way I think I can be able to get 2 improvements soon enough. But right now all my aid slots are reserved for upcomming tech deal so I think a 5th slot could be useful. Maybe I get the Foreign Ministry now, and harbor for my next improvement. And when I get the harbor what two resources should I try to get?

- Marble

- Pigs

- Rubber

- Gems

- Oil

- Wheet

No, I mean that you'd be ridiculous not to get the 5th trade slot. The bonus provided from 2 extra resources is worth the extra cost, and if you're not going to be using the 5th aid slot, you really shouldn't be getting the foreign ministry. I assume you were using sarcasm in your post because I obviously did not mean the fact that it was more expensive, and I would hope you would use the 5th trade slot.

LOL, this isn't a question. The harbor will always be better. I found it particularly funny that oyu said you would wait until you get nukes to get a harbor...it will take you along long time to get nukes if oyu are only running 4 trade slots. You could get the 5 resource combo with the harbor which would greatly increase your efficiency income:bills. This isn't a real question, listen to those of us that have been playing the game for over a year.

I'm close enough to 2k i'll just get both soon enough.

But you guys are seriously undervaluing a foreign ministry.

You shouldn't get the foreign ministry as your 2nd improvement unless you are doing a LOT of tech deals and need the slot, you should go for a bank or factory.

I'm close enough to 2k i'll just get both soon enough.

But you guys are seriously undervaluing a foreign ministry.

Get both yes. But I think you are seriously undervaluing the value of 5 trades over 4. Read through some of the guides and see the resource bonus combo's and what you can gain from them.

Get both yes. But I think you are seriously undervaluing the value of 5 trades over 4. Read through some of the guides and see the resource bonus combo's and what you can gain from them.

No I agree it's quite valuable I get that but a foreign ministry is also quite valuable actually to say one is better than the other I think is crazy.

i think it's crazy that you are arguing over a point that has been proven time and again is absolutely true. many of us have been playing this game for well over a year (some even close to 2) and it is a well known fact that the harbour is by far the best improvement to get first.

unless you are planning on doing a crazy amount of tech deals in the near future, the FM shouldn't even be your second or third.