Operation Hari Seldon

Generalissimo

Commodore Issorartuyok was waiting in a private, and extremly secured, balcony in the historic Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux (Grand Theater of Bordeaux) for a private rehearsal of Jean-Joseph Mouret’s Les amours de Ragonde (The Loves of Ragonde). Issorartuyok wasn’t a fan of French opera, especially Baroque era comedy he didn’t find particularly funny – but the commodore wasn’t there to partake in classical theater, this was strictly business. Operation Hari Seldon’s not-quite-mastermind was waiting for Commander Greg Jihara to discuss the participation of Grassy Plains N Such forces in the battle against Pravus Ingruo. Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux (Grand Theater of Bordeaux) was designated as the meeting point as not to prematurely reveal the secret headquarters of the Order of St. Adelaide of Aquitaine - Knights of the Blue Rose at the Basilica of St. Adelaide in Bordeaux.[quote name='Lord Zephyr' timestamp='1286169766' post='2473977']"I am Commander Greg Jihara of Grassy Plains N Such. I come to you with soldiers of the finest variety, weapons and a few million rounds of ammo. We wish to help you with Operation Hari Seldon.[/quote]Issorartuyok salutes the newcomer but doesn’t leave his seat, instead pretending to watch the opera below, “Welcome to Operation Hari Seldon commander, we need all the help we can get. Unfortunately we lack the logics and officers to command your men (out of character Lord Zephyr will have to play Grassy Plains N Such soldiers), therefore your unit will have to be autonomous in command. I’m not going to sugar-coat our situation, freedom isn’t free, and we’re going to pay the full price with interest; even with Grassy Plains N Such contributions Pravus Ingruo’s war machine still significantly outnumbers our righteous alliance.
We’re deploying near immediately, I hope for both our sakes you’re ready for this Commander Jihara.”

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286204416' post='2474223']***Private to the PRFC***

We would like to help you defeat the American imperalists.

From,

The Christian Coaltion[/quote]***Private to the Christian Coaltion***

Operation Hari Seldon would appreciate whatever assistance the Christian Coaltion is able to provide.
What does your organization have in mind?

-Commodore Issorartuyok, Operation Hari Seldon-

Now Denard is starting to get annoyed. He has no idea where anyone is and he has important business to conduct. Rather than loose his temper and explode on the staff of the Basilica he simply walks up to the nearest knight, smiles, and says,"I'm Denard, tell your boss to call me on my cell phone when she is free to meet," and he hands the knight a card. Once this task is accomplished he motions to the two men who came with him to follow him. The three of them head out the door as Denard leads the way to a neighborhood bistro where he sits down at the sidewalk table and orders a couple bottles of wine, bread, and cheese.

As the three men eat and drink they carefully look around them to see if they've been followed. None of them speak, they are too paranoid for that, and it makes sense them being paranoid given the nature of the work they are undertaking.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286206594' post='2474235']
***Private to the Christian Coaltion***

Operation Hari Seldon would appreciate whatever assistance the Christian Coaltion is able to provide.
What does your organization have in mind?

[/quote]

***Private to the Commodore***

"Blue Heaven has a total population of 250 million, where 30% or 75 million identify as Christians. We have a total of 200,000 members, with 60,000 in our armed wing, though we can boost that number up to 80,000. We are willing to, along with you, send operatives into the US to fight the filthy imperialists."

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286206111' post='2474231']
“Welcome to Operation Hari Seldon commander, we need all the help we can get. Unfortunately we lack the logics and officers to command your men (out of character Lord Zephyr will have to play Grassy Plains N Such soldiers), therefore your unit will have to be autonomous in command. I’m not going to sugar-coat our situation, freedom isn’t free, and we’re going to pay the full price with interest; even with Grassy Plains N Such contributions Pravus Ingruo’s war machine still significantly outnumbers our righteous alliance.
We’re deploying near immediately, I hope for both our sakes you’re ready for this Commander Jihara.”
[/quote]

"I intended to command my own troops anyway. I'll have limited contact with GPnS MilCom, though we should have satellite coverage via our GPS's. As for the situation, its what the experimental squadrons were made for sir. We will fight long, we will fight hard, and we will fight till the end. We are ready."

Edited by Lord Zephyr

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286219496' post='2474402']***Private to the Commodore***

"Blue Heaven has a total population of 250 million, where 30% or 75 million identify as Christians. We have a total of 200,000 members, with 60,000 in our armed wing, though we can boost that number up to 80,000. We are willing to, along with you, send operatives into the US to fight the filthy imperialists."[/quote]This is acceptable if your Christian Coaltion can maintain the logistics for a force of this size. Twenty five thousand Procinctian Uniforms are available for your force, to ensure Blue Heaven’s plausible deniability, any more will have to be improvised on your end. Thirty five thousand of your armed supporters, if available, are requested to provide logistical assistance and support to other Hari Seldon forces. It would be helpful to see whom amongst your two hundred thousand domestic supporters are able to quarter and aide our soldiers. Additional volunteers for medical or mechanical services from Christian Coalition would be indispensable.

Response October 02, 2010
[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286062584' post='2472582']***Private to [i][b]Khris van Donop, Grandmaster of the Order of St. Adelaide[i]****

I will allow your organization to establish camps here in Blue Heaven, but they must be near military bases as to keep any eye on you.

Sincerely,

Marah Verrington
[/i][/b][/i][/quote][b][I]***Private to Marah Verrington***[/b][/i]

Traditional camps are too conspicuous for the requirements of Operation Hari Seldon; we request hotels and warehouses for equiptment and men.
If possible purchase of enough commercial car rentals to accommodate the entire force is requested.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Lord Zephyr' timestamp='1286234106' post='2474715']"I intended to command my own troops anyway. I'll have limited contact with GPnS MilCom, though we should have satellite coverage via our GPS's. As for the situation, its what the experimental squadrons were made for sir. We will fight long, we will fight hard, and we will fight till the end. We are ready."[/quote]“Good to hear that we’re on the same page.
We’re deploying near immediately, get your troops to Bordeaux – from here we move to the Americas.
Now take a seat and enjoy the opera - it's the cover after all.
Not that you would miss anything by walking out right now, Baroque comedy is entirely underdeveloped.”

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286241625' post='2474911']
This is acceptable if your Christian Coaltion can maintain the logistics for a force of this size. Twenty five thousand Procinctian Uniforms are available for your force, to ensure Blue Heaven’s plausible deniability, any more will have to be improvised on your end. Thirty five thousand of your armed supporters, if available, are requested to provide logistical assistance and support to other Hari Seldon forces. It would be helpful to see whom amongst your two hundred thousand domestic supporters are able to quarter and aide our soldiers. Additional volunteers for medical or mechanical services from Christian Coalition would be indispensable.

Response October 02, 2010
[b][i]***Private to Marah Verrington***[/i][/b]

Traditional camps are too conspicuous for the requirements of Operation Hari Seldon; we request hotels and warehouses for equiptment and men.
If possible purchase of enough commercial car rentals to accommodate the entire force is requested.

[/quote]

***Private to the Commodore***

The logistics, medical and mechanical services can be covered easily. When it comes to housing and aiding soldiers, we did a recent poll in Blue Moon and Creide Provinces, where a large amount of our supporters are and about 90% of them said that they would be willing to hide anti-York insurgent and the [i]Blue Heaven Herald [/i]did a poll of their readers, which are 100 million people and about 65% said that if Blue Heaven were invaded, they would be willing to house and aid an insurgent.

Sincerely,

The Christian Coalition

***Private to the Commodore****

Consider it done.

- Marah Verrington (Blue Heaven Defense Minister)

***Private to the Commodore****

I don't think we have ever met, but I have heard that you are planning to send in insurgent forces to help the Americans. I know a person who use to help run and insurgency and was the former Secretary of Defense of the now defunct nation of Troina. He is a reliable and secure source that supports the US. Would you like me to have him contact you?

Sincerely,

Roger Smith (Former Prime Minister of Blue Heaven)

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286243140' post='2474944']***Private to the Commodore****

I don't think we have ever met, but I have heard that you are planning to send in insurgent forces to help the Americans. I know a person who use to help run and insurgency and was the former Secretary of Defense of the now defunct nation of Troina. He is a reliable and secure source that supports the US. Would you like me to have him contact you?

Sincerely,

Roger Smith (Former Prime Minister of Blue Heaven)[/quote]***Private to Roger Smith***

In the circumstances we’re always recruiting talent.
I’ll meet with your friend personally, if he proves suitable there is be an advisory position available.

One more thing. . .
Operation Hari Seldon is hardly a mere insurgency; Generalissimo’s vision is going to radically redefine unconventional warfare.

October 3, 2010

Both Blue Heaven and St. Adelaide had lived up to their respective promises, the first two days transport by way of commercial air succeeded without incident. By October Third (real-time) nearly three thousand Order of St. Adelaide and Operation Hari Seldon soldiers were in the Blue Heaven Protectorate, for the time being these troops were lying low in local hotels. Some soldiers played the role of tourists and enjoyed the (urban) sights of the Blue Heaven Protectorate.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286245724' post='2475172']
***Private to Roger Smith***

In the circumstances we're always recruiting talent.
I'll meet with your friend personally, if he proves suitable there is be an advisory position available.

One more thing. . .
Operation Hari Seldon is hardly a mere insurgency; Generalissimo's vision is going to radically redefine unconventional warfare.

[/quote]

Roger Smith sent an email to Rusa MacNell in Australia, telling him that "the Commodore is willing to meet with you personally."

Rusa MacNell, after packing some clothes, took a plane to France, he would arrive their in a couple of hours.

October 4, 2010

Operation Hari Seldon secret headquarters, [classified] Hotel and Convention Center, Blue Heaven Protectorate

In a conference room at a hotel (entire structure an premises rented for the duration of deployment – staffed by allied personal as cover) located across the street from a Blue Heaven military base the leadership of Operation Hari Seldon met to discuss final preparations for ground maneuvers.

Edited by Generalissimo

Classified

[code]OPERATION HARI SELDON piques our interest. Should the Procintian Remnant Forces deem Nodic intervention, whether on official or more... clandestine terms, to be of the late Generalissimo's preference, we would be glad to assist. Simply name a place and time to send one of our operatives.[/code]

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286247107' post='2475266']Roger Smith sent an email to Rusa MacNell in Australia, telling him that "the Commodore is willing to meet with you personally."

Rusa MacNell, after packing some clothes, took a plane to France, he would arrive their in a couple of hours.[/quote]At the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Bordeaux (Bordeaux museum of fine arts) Commodore Issorartuyok viewed a painting, [i]The banks of the Oise[/i] painted by Charles-François Daubigny.

Without looking from this painting the commodore addressed the newcomer, “Mister MacNell, I hear you have experience in the certain business my associates are participating in. I have heard, on good authority, you are an insurgency expert of some skill.
What do you have to offer Operation Hari Seldon?”

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286247931' post='2475303']
At the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Bordeaux (Bordeaux museum of fine arts) Commodore Issorartuyok viewed a painting, [i]The banks of the Oise[/i] painted by Charles-François Daubigny.

Without looking from this painting the commodore addressed the newcomer, “Mister MacNell, I hear you have experience in the certain business my associates are participating in. I have heard, on good authority, you are an insurgency expert of some skill.
What do you have to offer Operation Hari Seldon?”
[/quote]

Rusa MacNell stood calmly and said "I offer the experience of having had to decide if men are sent to die in combat, which is useful in and of itself. But I have also helped start and run an insurgency from the ground up. When it comes to war, I know how the conventional military thinks and I know how to easily counter it. I am also a reliable partner and if I am captured, you do not have to worry about any information becoming known to the enemy."

Operating on rumors that their home nation is in talks with Cochin regarding the global imperialist movement, thousands of Arcticans are seeking to join Operation Hari Seldon but have no idea how. Only about a hundred possess the combined qualities of being serious and capable. About half of this hundred are currently enlisted in the Arctican Army, another quarter in the militia and another quarter assorted civilians and ex-military/police.

There was no organized effort by the seekers and most of them were drawing a blank as to how to join up. But if somebody made a concerted effort to look for them, they would be there.

OOC: Just putting it out there.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1286247324' post='2475278']
Classified

[code]OPERATION HARI SELDON piques our interest. Should the Procintian Remnant Forces deem Nodic intervention, whether on official or more... clandestine terms, to be of the late Generalissimo's preference, we would be glad to assist. Simply name a place and time to send one of our operatives.[/code][/quote]***Classified to Nation of Nod***

I assume Nod is curious as what Generalissimo has planned. Nod’s desire to analysis the possibilities of a post-mortem operations is understandable. Nod is allegedly unparalleled in unconventional warfare, your experience in these matters makes your presence acceptable. If you can find a Truck Stop that serves the best scones in Blue Heaven’s Protectorate, I might be in a booth at the back.

-Commodore Issorartuyok-

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1286248135' post='2475308']"I offer the experience of having had to decide if men are sent to die in combat, which is useful in and of itself. But I have also helped start and run an insurgency from the ground up. When it comes to war, I know how the conventional military thinks and I know how to easily counter it. I am also a reliable partner and if I am captured, you do not have to worry about any information becoming known to the enemy."[/quote]“This is acceptable, I’m putting you in command of the Blue Heaven volenteers –with additional duties as military lesion to both the Blue Heaven regulars and Christian Coalition militia.
Don't think for a second that our enemy lacks methods to make information known if you are captured - we plan accordingly.
Welcome Generalissimo’s vision, Operation Hari Seldon.
We deploy immediately, in the meantime enjoy the art.”

Edited by Generalissimo

One young man who publicly declared his intent to join Operation Hari Seldon was founded murdered today, a dismembered piece of male genitalia stuffed down his throat and his extremities removed via multiple chainsaws. The Empire is currently investigating claims that he was murdered by enemies of the Generalissimo.

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1286248166' post='2475313']Operating on rumors that their home nation is in talks with Cochin regarding the global imperialist movement, thousands of Arcticans are seeking to join Operation Hari Seldon but have no idea how. Only about a hundred possess the combined qualities of being serious and capable. About half of this hundred are currently enlisted in the Arctican Army, another quarter in the militia and another quarter assorted civilians and ex-military/police.

There was no organized effort by the seekers and most of them were drawing a blank as to how to join up. But if somebody made a concerted effort to look for them, they would be there.

OOC: Just putting it out there.[/quote]If someone in Arctica had the charisma or will to organize anti-imperialist elements together and approach Operation Hari Seldon they would be welcomed with open arms.
If only someone in Arctica had the strength. . .

Despite the absurd security on the ground Operation Hari Seldon actually had a website.
Operation_Hari_Seldon@notProcinctia.net streamed Generalissimo’s speech provided vague information about the Operation.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1286248564' post='2475332']
***Classified to Nation of Nod***

I assume Nod is curious as what Generalissimo has planned. Nod's desire to analysis the possibilities of a post-mortem operations is understandable. Nod is allegedly unparalleled in unconventional warfare, your experience in these matters makes your presence acceptable. If you can find a Truck Stop that serves the best scones in Blue Heaven's Protectorate, I might be in a booth at the back.

-Commodore Issorartuyok-
[/quote]

Deep within what used to be South-Central North Dakota lay the 'Gassy Knoll'. Unremarkable save for its rather inspired operating name, the tiny and unassuming truck stop suffered from a rather unfortunate perk.

Had the Knoll been located farther West or East, it would have been undoubtedly lauded for its fine and scrumptious British Scones, arguably the best in all of Blue Heaven's protectorate- yet there stood the underlying cause for its misfortune. With the rather looming German-Russian triangle dominating the flour-based product niche in North Dakota, the Knoll became little more than a footnote in the annals of baked-good history within the former state. Yet it would seem the Gassy Knoll's plight would fall on quite distant and equally uncaring ears to a fruitful end.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73203&view=findpost&p=1957134"]Jessica[/url] moved with purpose, her closely cropped hair indistinguishable from her white tuque, her strides deliberately uncertain, yet still moving onwards towards her goal. The heels of worn hiking boots clunked against the wooden floor boards of the quaint eatery. Her form, that of a young tourist from the North, the GLP, Louisiana or even the BFE. Seeing her destination ahead, she pauses before continuing to a small booth in a back corner, waving away an eager attendant.

The almost childlike naivety of the tourist was a hoax, of course. A trap for those foolish enough not to look beyond her petite surface. The ankle-high socks, the obtrusive travel pack and lightly crumpled map in tucked in a back pocket... these marks of innocence were categorically false. The truly perceptive, and expertly trained would take less time to see through the charade.

From the barely perceptible flickers of enmity upon being ogled by strangers that sat behind heaping plates of diner cuisine to the occasional cold, cursory glance of her surroundings there was no doubt- this was a predator.

Striding up to the booth in question, Jessica sat across from her Procintian contact. Creating a steeple under her chin with her fingers, she uttered a rather bizarre,

[i]"I just dyed my eyebrows, do you like the colour?"

[/i]after which she sat back, with arms crossed as she waited for the inevitable coded reply.

Sergeant/Major Nerio Reséndez deployed himself along with the first group of soldiers to the forward post in the Blue Heaven Protectorate territory. He needed to find two squad's worth of men, flexible enough to succeed in a yet-to-be-determined mission, and he didn't know how long he had.

Reséndez had his pick of men, and but wanted to find the best. Nearly everyone to show up so far was a volunteer, but time in post-nuclear Mandalore and the years since as a Drill Sergeant had taught him how separate the capable from the not. Reséndez personally watched each group arrive, taking mental notes on those who looked passable. Then he picked out a few at a time and tested them; general knowledge, marksmanship, weapon competency and versatility of course but also background: if they'd never been to a first world country before, they were out. Automatically. Ethnicity and gender hardly mattered, the world was becoming more mixed all the time, but he'd need soldiers who could fit into a modern urban society without staring at every display window and screen in, say, downtown New York for example. Language was also important, but to a lesser degree.

The promotion to Major helped; it gave him authority to demand certain things of those he picked, though SevDev had yet to (and probably wouldn't) confirm a promotion, even if only to Lieutenant I. It meant when Reséndez give one group a different assault rifle each day and told them to carry the rifles, unloaded, as if they might need them any second until he told them to stop, they did. He dropped half the group due to poor gun conduct in populated areas. Lying low may be the official orders, but 3,000 soldiers could only lay so low…

By the end of the first week though, Reséndez was ready to start putting together squad one. The team was coming together, if slowly.

[color="#4169E1"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=92955&st=0&gopid=2475808&#entry2475808

*Private*

The Queen's Marksmen. (Top Secret) Are going to be sent with Blue Haven's men to help fight the war against York.

OOC: Read the link above and it will give all needed information.[/color]

Commander Jihara walked from room to room inspecting his troops. He limited the troops interaction with the town because they tended to not get along well with other people. There were only a few soldiers here that weren't some of the original experimental squadrons, and those that were were all equals with the originals, none of them were people persons anymore. Jihara was different because he was one of the six in the battalion who was trained in propaganda, urban conflict, and a few other "people skills" including but not limited to interrogation and assasination. He had served in the inquisition for Matthew back in the days of the Temple Lands and he remembers growing up in the facility at Raochin. That was a long time ago it seemed. He was trained to deal with people, to make them feel comfortable and to get them to trust him. Then he could do whatever he wanted with them.

He shook his head and resumed his check of the soldiers. Most of them were doing the typical premission rituals. Cleaning their guns, checking equiptment, relaxing, and generally looking mean. 2500 General combat specialists and 500 snipers. The the general combat specialists were trained to be able to turn the odds of any battle, anywhere, and any time. They run into hails of bullets and come out drenched in their enemies blood. Seeing as General Abraham didn't know what kind of combat they were getting into they seemed like a good choice. The snipers were the same, except they were trained to hit a raccoon crossing a fence over two miles away.

When he was done with the inspections he smiled. It was a long time since he had been in battle, he couldn't wait to get back into it.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1286255346' post='2475601']Striding up to the booth in question, Jessica sat across from her Procintian contact. Creating a steeple under her chin with her fingers, she uttered a rather bizarre,

[i]"I just dyed my eyebrows, do you like the colour?"

[/i]after which she sat back, with arms crossed as she waited for the inevitable coded reply.[/quote]Across from Nod’s representative an older man replied “Commodore Issorartuyok, commander of Operation Hari Seldon, and I’m not authorized to answer that question.” From the booth behind Jessica a familiar voice provided the coded reply, [color="#008000"]“It brings out your lovely eyes. . . beautiful steeled gray eyes. . .”[/color] the second part wasn’t part of the planned reply - it was also unsettlingly specific, [color="#008000"] “Jessica, or is it Handmaiden Boreale?”[/color] no one outside of Nod was supposed to know she was here – no one outside of Nod could she was here, [color="#008000"]“By now I’m assuming you’ve progressed to such a status within Nod,”[/color] behind Jessica the voice of the occupant in the booth behind her was unmistakable, it was Generalissimo.

In the corresponding booth was a prerecording from Generalissimo playing on a laptop.[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/Laptop.jpg[/img][/center][color="#008000"]I knew they would send you, no one else in Nod could find the Grassy Knoll with so little information in such a limited timeframe. Especially when this information isn’t available in any culinary publication, public review, or online food blog.
Welcome to Operation Hari Seldon, my little personal post-mortem war.
Before we discuss serious matters let’s share a scone, I hear this place have the best in the region.”[/color]

Edited by Generalissimo