Unity emerges!

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280859545' post='2399679']
I doubt they even considered that. People don't need any reason to start an alliance anymore besides, "HEY I WANNA BE THE LEADER OR MY OWN ALLIANCE!"
[/quote]

What do you mean anymore?

What was the big reason that alliances used to be created for? Bar perhaps the off-site based alliances or alliances migrating from other games - dont pretend there are many alliances doing it for much bigger and noble reasons other then "I think I can do this on my own."

Unity - will be in touch about that member you are carrying; but otherwise welcome to the fold.

GK

Edited by grahamkeatley

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1280859767' post='2399693']
What do you mean anymore?

What was the big reason that alliances used to be created for? Bar perhaps the off-site based alliances or alliances migrating from other games - dont pretend there are many alliances doing it for much bigger and noble reasons other then "I think I can do this on my own."

Unity - will be in touch about that member you are carrying; but otherwise welcome to the fold.

GK
[/quote]

Right, except back then there weren't any alliances so creating a new one was necessary and helpful, now there's a ridiculous amount. Way too many. Therein lies the difference.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280860027' post='2399700']
Right, except back then there weren't any alliances so creating a new one was necessary and helpful, now there's a ridiculous amount. Way too many. Therein lies the difference.
[/quote]

No - not at all. You outlined a difference in the circumstance. Not a differing in reasoning. The sole reason majority of alliances start is because 1 or a few people think they can create something better or more suited to them then the alliance they reside in. That will never change and due to THAT fact, the number of alliances will likely only increase rather then decrease over time.

It started "back then" and it continues here.

GK

Edited by grahamkeatley

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280860027' post='2399700']
[/quote]

Wasn't NSO founded in early 2009, perhaps its a lapse in my memory, but weren't there plenty of alliances in existence at that point?

Therein lies the flaw in your logic. Alliances now-days aren't created out of necessity, they are created to achieve a goal, and without viewing an alliance at the closest level, its impossible for you to determine whether its cause for existence is any less legitimate then that of the New Sith Order. Likely its not, but doubtlessly you lack the understanding of this alliance to make that judgment.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1280861005' post='2399725']
Wasn't NSO founded in early 2009, perhaps its a lapse in my memory, but weren't there plenty of alliances in existence at that point?[/quote]

Sure, but unlike this alliance and pretty much every other new alliance that crops up lately, we actually brought something to the table that was lacking in the Cyberverse. In creating the New Sith Order, Ivan Moldavi made the Cyberverse a better place, a more exciting place. Can you honestly say that this alliance will do the same? Of course you can't. Even trying to compare alliances like this to the NSO is ridiculous and intellectually dishonest and you know it.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1280861005' post='2399725']
Therein lies the flaw in your logic. Alliances now-days aren't created out of necessity, they are created to achieve a goal, and without viewing an alliance at the closest level, its impossible for you to determine whether its cause for existence is any less legitimate then that of the New Sith Order. Likely its not, but doubtlessly you lack the understanding of this alliance to make that judgment.
[/quote]

What goal is that exactly? It's true that I could end up being wrong about this alliance, but would you be willing to bet against me? We both know the answer to that question. The only thing this alliance will bring to the Cyberverse is more clutter until it eventually disbands or simply fades into obscurity.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280862582' post='2399773']
Sure, but unlike this alliance and pretty much every other new alliance that crops up lately, we actually brought something to the table that was lacking in the Cyberverse. In creating the New Sith Order, Ivan Moldavi made the Cyberverse a better place, a more exciting place. Can you honestly say that this alliance will do the same? Of course you can't. Even trying to compare alliances like this to the NSO is ridiculous and intellectually dishonest and you know it.

What goal is that exactly? It's true that I could end up being wrong about this alliance, but would you be willing to bet against me? We both know the answer to that question. The only thing this alliance will bring to the Cyberverse is more clutter until it eventually disbands or simply fades into obscurity.
[/quote]

The bottom line is that it seems as if with every DoE, there is a multitude of people with nothing better to say then to say that its a pointless generic alliance or that it will quickly fail and disband. Its an issue of probability, most new alliances aren't radically different and will fail sooner rather then later, however amid all the rubble exists one that that will defy the odds and survive, and perhaps become a notable player on the world stage. Its virtually impossible to tell the difference between the alliances that will fail and the alliances that will prevail on nothing more then first impressions on a DoE thread. I understand that most new alliances aren't revolutionary or imaginative, but I also understand that with every new alliance, there is much that is unknown to the eye of the OWF observer.

I can't say that this alliance will make the Cyberverse a better place or a more exciting place, but I can't say that it won't. Time will tell, I really don't see the purpose of all the negative comments when sooner then later these alliances will learn how hard existence can be.

Sometimes it is the unexpected alliance that prevails, and sometimes an alliance with everything going for it will fail. I don't know how this alliance will turn out, and neither do you, all we've got is educated guesses, assumptions, and i think we both know what happens when we assume ;)

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280862582' post='2399773']

[/quote]

So, does that mean that NSO is "god's gift to CN"? Just curious.

[quote name='greene345' timestamp='1280865277' post='2399826']
So, does that mean that NSO is "god's gift to CN"? Just curious.
[/quote]

No it's not my gift to CN, it's Ivans. Please direct any "thank you" cards to him.

Edit: While I have your attention, may I ask what the purpose of your alliance is? How will Unity make the Cyberverse a better place?

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280865490' post='2399828']
No it's not my gift to CN, it's Ivans. Please direct any "thank you" cards to him.

Edit: While I have your attention, may I ask what the purpose of your alliance is? How will Unity make the Cyberverse a better place?
[/quote]

I make few comments but while you are "tooting" that little horn of yours, would you care to explain to me what is so great that your alliance has done? I am not trying to insult your alliance as you seem to love to do to every other alliance on Bob. I would really like to know. If you are so worried about making the Cyberverse "a better place", you could start by dropping your own insults of other alliances...that is IF making the Cyberverse a better place is your real intention. Again I do not mean to insult you or your alliance, just doing my part to try to make the Cyberverse a better place and pointing out a great place to start. For some reason I think you just like stirring the pot and that is great. Your contribution to the Cyberverse can be that you just made the place a little more exciting and gave us something to debate. ;)

Edited by DRail