Vauleyo-Buryatia holds Foreign Policy press conference

Imperator Azenquor

[b][u]BCNA: Gov’t holds Foreign Policy press conference after new FM appointed[/b][/u]

[i]”After more than a year with only an Acting Foreign Minister, President Andropov has appointed Dr. Yuri Petrovic to serve as the next Foreign Minister of Vauleyo-Buryatia. Dr. Petrovic will replace Deputy President Lady Natalya Sharova who served as Acting Foreign Minister for the last eleven months. Dr. Petrovic’s appointment was made after obtaining the approval of both the Imperator and the Great People’s Khural. The process was hampered by disagreements among the Members of the Khural as to who should be appointed to the position. According to our sources, Dr. Petrovic was a compromise candidate suggested by Imperator Pyotr I.

Lady Sharova, who until today was Acting Foreign Minister, will resume her post at the Diplomatic Corps as the Director of Eastern Russian and Asian Diplomatic Affairs (ERADA) in addition to her duties as Deputy President. In a short statement to the media, Lady Sharova expressed her congratulations to Dr. Petrovic and stated that she is 'looking forward to working with him in the future’.

Dr. Yuri Petrovic is a member of the United Nationalist Front (UNF) party, in coalition with the governing Social Democratic Party (SDP). Dr. Petrovic holds a PhD in Communication and Master’s Degrees in Diplomacy and Archaeology. He has served in the Diplomatic Corps for 7 years and as an Imperial Advisor on Foreign Affairs for 3 years.

With several recent events in Asia demanding the attention of the Foreign Ministry, Dr. Petrovic has called a press conference in which he will reveal new policies being introduced by the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia, as well as answer questions from the press (including foreign journalists) about the direction of Vauleyo-Buryatia’s foreign policy over the next few years.

Several political analysts will be watching closely to determine if the foreign policy direction of the country will more reflect the Social Democratic Party (SDP) or its junior coalition partner the United Nationalist Front (UNF).”[/i]-Reporter

[b]****Ministry of Foreign Affairs Conference Room, Sygh-Varthys***[/b]

As soon as the last seats were put in place and the podium arranged, the press would be allowed to enter the Conference Room. As the journalists entered they would be informed that the question and answer period of the press conference would start first.

Dr. Petrovic entered the room, introduced himself and stood on the podium waiting for the first questions.

[b](OOC: If you have a question, you don’t need to RP arriving, just ask the question)[/b]

What is the Governments view of the Falklands neutrality policy?
What direction is the Vaule Government going to be undertaking in regards to the international scene, meaning will your Government be taking an active roll in the regional and international affairs of Earth?

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"Does Dr. Petrovic's appointment indicate any possible shift in Vauleyo-Buryatia's foreign policy. Would Vauleyo-Buryatia be taking a more active role in international politics? Does this indicate a more trade friendly policy for Vauelyo-Buryatia?" - Gosree News Network.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280631930' post='2396652']
"What will Vauleyo-Buryatia's general foreign policy be in regards to African nations?"
[/quote]

[i]"We will be limiting our diplomatic relations with the African continent for the most part as we would seek to focus our efforts primarily towards the Asian and Oceanic regions. Nonetheless, this does not mean that we will rule out some diplomatic ties with the African continent, particularly with countries that we have had a lasting diplomatic friendship with"[/i]

[quote name='Jordosaur94' timestamp='1280632020' post='2396656']
"What will be Vauleyo-Buryatia's opinion on the Franco-German War in central Europe?"
[/quote]

[i]"For the most part, we view the situation as a European matter at the moment. We nonetheless reiterate that our support for our French allies has not diminished in the slightest given the situation"[/i]

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1280668215' post='2397009']
"In the opinion of Vauleyo-Buryatia which terms need to be fulfilled for a country to be recognized as a sovereign entity? Is Vauleyo-Buryatia planning to become a more vocal party in global politics?"
[/quote]

[i]"We believe that a country can be recognized as a sovereign entity if:

1. It has internationally recognized borders
2. Has a functional government able to administer and exercise authority over the territory of the entity
3. The people of that sovereign entity directly express their support for the functional government
4. It has a Constitution or governing charter determining governmental and civilian rights and powers
5. If it has made a Declaration of Independence
6. If it has been recognized by other sovereign entities
7. If it's Declaration of Independence does not constitute a unilateral action that infringes upon the sovereignty of another nation or its territory.

We have never sought to be a very vocal nation vis a vis global politics, instead we have sought to focus primarily on the Asian region. I intend to continue this focus, while at the same time expanding the extent of our diplomatic efforts."[/i]

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1280669881' post='2397021']
What is the Governments view of the Falklands neutrality policy?
What direction is the Vaule Government going to be undertaking in regards to the international scene, meaning will your Government be taking an active roll in the regional and international affairs of Earth?
[/quote]

[i]"We view the Falklands' neutrality policy as being simply an issue for the government of the Falklands. Thus I see no reason to comment on that policy or its wider implications. As for future foreign policy, we expect to take more of an active role in the Asian region while continuing to strengthen diplomatic ties with our European allies. We generally will continue to maintain a 'hands off' role as far as the affairs of the American and Antarctican continents are concerned."[/i]

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1280671456' post='2397045']
"Does Dr. Petrovic's appointment indicate any possible shift in Vauleyo-Buryatia's foreign policy. Would Vauleyo-Buryatia be taking a more active role in international politics? Does this indicate a more trade friendly policy for Vauelyo-Buryatia?" - Gosree News Network.
[/quote]

[i]"While my appointment may signal a change in style or management of the Vauleyo-Buryatian Foreign Ministry, I do not believe that it signals a significant shift in foreign policy on the part of the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia. I will simply aim to continue to pursue our current foreign policy objectives but with a greater focus on regional affairs and regional stability.

Regarding trade, I would say that such policy is determined not solely by the Foreign Ministry, but by the Interior and Finance Ministries as well. While at this point I would not be able to definitively state how my appointment would affect such policies, I am able to say that I will aggressively support increased foreign trade within the limits of Vauleyo-Buryatia's import/export system."[/i]