Looking for an alliance

Hello,

I am a new nation on the blue team looking for a good, strong alliance that can pay me at least 9 mil in startup aid for my nation, protect it as it grows, and put me in a good trade circle.

I'm not sure what the average contract is for an alliance member, but I will stay for at least 3 weeks before I decide what to do next. However, I can stay longer if that is what the contract calls for. Thanks.

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' date='19 July 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1279577769' post='2379387']

I am a new nation on the blue team looking for a good, strong alliance that can pay me at least 9 mil in startup aid for my nation, protect it as it grows, and put me in a good trade circle.

[/quote]

Consider this. If you want to go to an alliance that just hands out 9 million to everyone who joins, you'll be expected to help pay for that when your nation gets bigger, and many ppl will take the 9 million and leave the game. Do you really want to do that?

As an experienced member of CN, I would encourage you not to go where you will get the most money, but instead go where you will have the most fun.

I agree with Supercoolyellow. Any alliance that hands that kind of money out is interested in numbers only, not you being a part of the alliance. And as he said, you will have to pay it off someday.

If you're looking for some small start up aid, join Asgaard. We offer long term trade circles, an active forum, lots of tech deals (which make you a LOT of money), and stability.

3 weeks is never enough though. If you can't commit to an alliance, don't join.

Alliances do not offer contracts, you offer yourself as a contributing member and player in part of their community. By joining as a small nation and if given assistance to grow in the effect of money, usually a nation is expected to not abandon that alliance for quite some time or after having repaid the alliance's kindness.

You do not join an alliance to better your nation but to help better the alliance. While this may defeat your independent ideals from the former thread you posted, it is how alliances survive by not having an individualistic approach to each nation, but for each player to collectively look to improve together.

If you think this is something you're able to do, feel free to PM me on these forums and we can talk further, but I'd much rather you understand that and most other alliances would as well.

Alchemy is always looking for new members: Head on over to our new forums and check it out:
[url=http://www.cnalchemy.com/]Alchemy Forums[/url]

We offer $12 million in starting aid, we're a very social alliance with an active membership, and we have a spot waiting for YOU!

Also, props for actually answering the poor mans question :smug:

If you want an alliance to give you the most fun out of this game, I would choose IAA. I joined myself just over a week ago. I've always known the guys there and since even before I joined I could say that they are one of the best alliances in this game. Definitely one of the most classy, and fun.

We care about [u]you[/u] in IAA. Most other alliance [i]say[/i] that, but in IAA that is what we live by.

We will give you much aid, and your nation will flourish. When you join, you will not want to leave, trust me.

If you use IRC we are on #IAA on irc.coldfront.net

To apply go to http://forums.theimperialassault.com/

Trust me, you wouldn't regret it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

[quote name='Moufassa' date='19 July 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1279600289' post='2379958']
If you want an alliance to give you the most fun out of this game, I would choose IAA. I joined myself just over a week ago. I've always known the guys there and since even before I joined I could say that they are one of the best alliances in this game. Definitely one of the most classy, and fun.

[b]We care about [u]you[/u] in IAA. Most other alliance [i]say[/i] that, but in IAA that is what we live by.

We will give you much aid, and your nation will flourish. When you join, you will not want to leave, trust me.[/b]

If you use IRC we are on #IAA on irc.coldfront.net

To apply go to http://forums.theimperialassault.com/

Trust me, you wouldn't regret it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
[/quote]
The oldest recruiting message in the book.

No one is going to hand you free money. You earn it through membership, loyalty through a wartime, and through paying tech.

As a new nation, don't look for start up aid, look for tech deals and an active community. Tech deals are a great way to earn money for a start up nation, I mean with my full aid slots from beginning until now, I will be at 2,999 infrastructure in 15 days. You need an active community because even if you aren't that active on their forums, you need advice, help diplomatically, and help if someone declares war on your nation.

Out of this list, I would tell you to go to IAA or Asgaard.

OR..........you could be in a newer alliance that is just off the ground and we are already flying in the sky.

You could stop by Honour, we are literally in need of a new nation. I am almost to the point where I will be buying tech not selling it and I am the lowest nation we have. Stop by our forums at: http://z7.invisionfree.com/CN_Honour/index.php? and apply. We will expect you to sell us tech (if you have a harbor you can make about 5-6 million dollars in profit each time) but we may throw a few deals at you that will grant you a little extra on the side every now and then for loyalty.

Stop by some time, you won't regret it.

[center][img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/zSolaris/IAAcares.png[/img][/center]

Some may say it is the oldest recruitment method in the book. However to us, it isn't because we really do live by it. We would fight to the last pixel for you if you join us. That is how much we care about our members.

[quote name='Moufassa' date='20 July 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1279643255' post='2380749']
[center][img]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx152/zSolaris/IAAcares.png[/img][/center]

Some may say it is the oldest recruitment method in the book. However to us, it isn't because we really do live by it. We would fight to the last pixel for you if you join us. That is how much we care about our members.
[/quote]

It is actually in the charter of our alliance that we cannot opt out of any war if one of our members or allies is in it. You will be protected with Honour.

[quote name='Moufassa' date='20 July 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1279643255' post='2380749']
[/quote]

My point is every alliance says that. There isn't any alliance that claims to care about numbers not members.

[quote name='Caleb279' date='20 July 2010 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1279649413' post='2380975']
My point is every alliance says that. There isn't any alliance that claims to care about numbers not members.
[/quote]

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is what percentage of alliances do you think that is true in? You know just as well as me that that number is quite, scratch that, extremely low. What I'm saying is that is what we live by, not numbers, not treaties, not wars, not trades, not tech deals (although we do all of those things), we live by serving each and every last one of our members.

[quote name='Moufassa' date='19 July 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1279600461' post='2379964']
And we will put you into the best trade circle for your resources. You don't even have to change colors because we're a blue team alliance.
[/quote]

This sounds good to me. I am rerolling my nation on the 24th in hopes of better resources. What should I do in the mean time?

Also, about the alliances that care. I think he's right, I mean when I first joined I got a lot of recruitment letters, and I responded to some of them asking what membership would entail and what should I do until I reroll. NONE of them even replied back! How rude!

Edited by Yuri Armstrong

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' date='20 July 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1279658789' post='2381226']
This sounds good to me. I am rerolling my nation on the 24th in hopes of better resources. What should I do in the mean time?

Also, about the alliances that care. I think he's right, I mean when I first joined I got a lot of recruitment letters, and I responded to some of them asking what membership would entail and what should I do until I reroll. NONE of them even replied back! How rude!
[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]Go ahead an go to our forums here: [url="http://forums.theimperialassault.com/"]IAA Forums.[/url] Then go ahead and sign up, we will go ahead and accept you that way when you reroll you can just put your Alliance Affiliation as Imperial Assault Alliance so you don't get any of the annoying recruitment messages.

Thanks for choosing us Yuri, you definitely won't regret it.

Then when you start your new nation, we'll swiftly help you get it off the ground since you would have already joined us.[/color]

Edited by Moufassa

[quote name='Moufassa' date='20 July 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1279658551' post='2381219']
I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is what percentage of alliances do you think that is true in? You know just as well as me that that number is quite, scratch that, extremely low. What I'm saying is that is what we live by, not numbers, not treaties, not wars, not trades, not tech deals (although we do all of those things), we live by serving each and every last one of our members.
[/quote]
;) Uh-huh...whatever you say. And that number is considerably high. Every alliance cares about the majority of its members. Those it doesn't care about? The inactive ones.