Force TE

its not fair for SE to have like 15 times as many members as we do. like i said maybe this is an overreaction but we have to do something. at least im coming up with ways to fix the problem.

im not saying put them together, but if someone makes an SE nation they should be required to make a TE nation. people just pass up TE without even giving it a chance. maybe if we made them play, they could actually see that its quite fun, and if not then they will have the option to delete their nation after a few days after they've made a decision. however, if someone makes a TE nation they shouldnt be required to make an SE nation because theres already plenty of people playing that.

i think that an extreme enough measure should solve the problem once and for all. eventually it will get to the point where we will have no choice but to force TE on people if the declining participation continues. why delay the inevitable, lets do it now and hope that something good comes from it.

Okay here is a few bad points about what you propose.

1. People will just go inactive once they create a nation and not play hence no trades after 25 days.

2. People just don't like TE, nothing you say or do will change that.

3. Forcing TE on people would just make them leave SE.

4. By Forcing TE on people you would have to enforce SE on people (see points 1 & 2 )

Or they can just advertise it more, if that's possible, or just let it die out if it becomes that low in players. I mean if they just have a thousand people playing it, is it even worth keeping? I don't think so.

Edited in: Or they can just change the length of rounds back to what it used to be :P I'm sure people would prefer it that way.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

but a lot of people just dismiss TE without even thinking about it. maybe if they were forced to play it they would change their minds. after all were forced to keep playing even during a war.

also your thoughts are traitorous. i personally think any and every measure should be taken to save TE, and you are willing to let it go away. you know it took a lot of work for them to finally bring it back and we cant just lose it again.

Edited by Bleh32

[quote name='Bleh32' date='26 June 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1277567857' post='2350998']
but a lot of people just dismiss TE without even thinking about it. maybe if they were forced to play it they would change their minds. after all were forced to keep playing even during a war.

also your thoughts are traitorous. i personally think any and every measure should be taken to save TE, and you are willing to let it go away. you know it took a lot of work for them to finally bring it back and we cant just lose it again.
[/quote]

A lot of people just can't be bothered with it plain and simple, I have seen countless posts on forums asking members to join it, people just dislike playing it, some enjoy it, but there are far more that just can't be bothered with it.

[b]also your thoughts are traitorous[/b] For real? Are you serious? what's wrong with having a different opinion to yours? Ahh that's right nothing. I can't help your proposal is stupid.

What is obvious that every round or close to it has seen a decline in members wanting or bothering to play. So because lots of work gets put into something even if it fails it should just be kept going? For real? I personally play it to kill time, if it was to stop being hosted I wouldn't cry about it. [shrugs]

You just don't get it really do you? Forcing something on people wont make them play the game! They will sign in, create a nation and let it go inactive. What benefit does that give other people playing? NONE.

The day Admin tells me I have to play another game in order to play SE, I simply just stop playing both. I know many more people that would have that same opinion. People just dislike having something they don't enjoy forced on them. Another thing you seem to be blindly ignorant about.

This idea is terrible.

Sorry that you deem that as "traitorous" that made me lol btw.

Edited in: If people were forced to play it during war then why do people go inactive after being hit? Because they chose not to play any more and let there nation die out, so kind of mute point there.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='26 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1277568856' post='2351015']
A lot of people just can't be bothered with it plain and simple, I have seen countless posts on forums asking members to join it, people just dislike playing it, some enjoy it, but there are far more that just can't be bothered with it. [/quote]
well then thats their fault for wasting their time posting those threads

[quote][b]also your thoughts are traitorous[/b] For real? Are you serious? what's wrong with having a different opinion to yours? Ahh that's right nothing. I can't help your proposal is stupid. [/quote]
traitorous because you arent willing to take the measures necessary to save this game.

[quote]What is obvious that every round or close to it has seen a decline in members wanting or bothering to play. So because lots of work gets put into something even if it fails it should just be kept going? For real? I personally play it to kill time, if it was to stop being hosted I wouldn't cry about it. [shrugs] [/quote]
but imagine the hundreds of people including me who will not be able to play this game anymore. i personally think lots of people would like the game if they actually gave it a chance.

[quote]You just don't get it really do you? Forcing something on people wont make them play the game! They will sign in, create a nation and let it go inactive. What benefit does that give other people playing? NONE.[/quote]
because once they are forced and prompted to do something with it, they might see there is something to it. and even if they dont, having extra nations in the pool is good for trades and wars.

[quote]The day Admin tells me I have to play another game in order to play SE, I simply just stop playing both. I know many more people that would have that same opinion. People just dislike having something they don't enjoy forced on them. Another thing you seem to be blindly ignorant about.[/quote]
haha and what data is that based on. like i said, maybe this is extreme, but something must be done and if it takes radical measures like this then maybe it is worth it.

[quote]This idea is terrible.

Sorry that you deem that as "traitorous" that made me lol btw.

Edited in: If people were forced to play it during war then why do people go inactive after being hit? Because they chose not to play any more and let there nation die out, so kind of mute point there.
[/quote]

thats untrue though, some people want to make a new nation without having to wait for a big long war to end. therefore we are forced to continue playing.

Your intentions to get more players to play TE are good. The method is just a bit off.

The way I’ve been trying to get more players is to have people try it as a testing ground for war practice without using their SE nations. It’s been working to some degree. Some come in try and leave and some like it so much they stay. What we all should do is encourage those with SE nations that want to test the battle but are afraid to make mistakes to come to TE. I always tell new players in SE that creating a TE nation is the best way to gain combat experience and become a great fighter while building up their SE nation peacefully.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='26 June 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1277577290' post='2351111']
Bleh, you're the one that came into TE saying you didn't want an alliance that fought. If we brought more SE players in like you then we'd have half a game of noncombatants. TE is for war, you join if you'll fight.

Give it a rest.
[/quote]

theres no way to tell what the new players will be like. chances are most of them will like war so we can see an increase in activity. even an inactive nation is good because it adds to the total amount of nations in the game.

[quote name='Bleh32' date='26 June 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1277586892' post='2351226']
theres no way to tell what the new players will be like. chances are most of them will like war so we can see an increase in activity. [b]even an inactive nation is good because it adds to the total amount of nations in the game.[/b]
[/quote]

:facepalm:

That is, till 25 days hit. Then nations go inactive.

And this game doesn't need saving. There is no "saving." This game is fine and has a steady amount of members. Forcing people does not do anything but make them mad. I join TE to fight, but I still find it annoying and get angry because I forget about the game and my bills/wars/trades go unanswered. X(

This idea is absolutely terrible.

Bleh32, this is a ridiculous idea. If you can find even one other person who shares your opinion in this matter, I will be extremely surprised.

I play TE, but I would resent being [b]forced[/b] to do so. I might not not resent it enough to quit CN altogether, but it would certainly not encourage me to actually play TE.

Sorry I didn't post last night, I was a bit drunk and thought id wait until I was sober before responding to your yet again way off base questions.

Don't mistake me retorting in the manner that I am as me disliking the fact you want to make the game better. I'm not, I agree something does need done to get more people into the game, but your idea is just wrong.

[quote name='Bleh32' date='26 June 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1277575410' post='2351078']
well then tha'ts their fault for wasting their time posting those threads [b]So you whine about people should be forced to play cnte yet you say they waste their time in trying to get more players to play? I thought you would be pleased others would actively try to get players in? is that not the whole point of your ridiculous proposal?[/b]

traitorous because you arent willing to take the measures necessary to save this game. [b]No I just don't believe in being forced to do anything, crazy I know, but its just the way I am. This is something you obviously lack comprehension in.[/b]

but imagine the hundreds of people including me who will not be able to play this game anymore. i personally think lots of people would like the game if they actually gave it a chance. [b]If that was the case they would play the game. People just can't be bothered with it. why can't you understand this?[/b]

because once they are forced and prompted to do something with it, they might see there is something to it. and even if they dont, having extra nations in the pool is good for trades and wars. [b]Yet again you keep saying this, but it won't benefit anyone as they will go inactive. because shock horror for the 3rd or 4th time, people just cant be bothered playing it.[/b]

haha and what data is that based on. like i said, maybe this is extreme, but something must be done and if it takes radical measures like this then maybe it is worth it. [b]it's based on the fact i have been on lots of boards from alliances from 600 strong to 30 strong and every time a post gets made hardly anyone bothered with it, plenty topic views and most of the return answers are NO THANKS.[/b]

thats untrue though, some people want to make a new nation without having to wait for a big long war to end. therefore we are forced to continue playing. [b]NO, your not forced in playing it, you CHOOSE to click the web bookmark that says CNTE nobody forces you to do that. [/b]
[/quote]

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Forcing people to do things that you want them to do almost always has the opposite effect; you will turn them away from it.

Your cause is a good one, but your method will harm that effort a lot more than helping it.

[quote]What we all should do is encourage those with SE nations that want to test the battle but are afraid to make mistakes to come to TE. I always tell new players in SE that creating a TE nation is the best way to gain combat experience and become a great fighter while building up their SE nation peacefully. [/quote]

This is the best way to go about it.

Edited by Llednar Twem