GLP-USA war movements

HHAYD

At Lake Nipissing's northwest shoreline, southeast of the blown nuclear power plant:

"What's the weather going to be like tomorrow? Hopefully not rainy since a lot of toxic radioactive metal dust settled around here." one of GLP's soldiers asked.

"I think it will sunny." the 2nd soldier replied.

"Wrong..." the 3rd soldier replied as he turned on and up the radio built inside his suit.

[code]This the National Weather Report. A flash flood is expected to be at least one foot deep around Lake Nipissing tomorrow at 1:00 AM. Counties include...[/code]

"You got to kidding me..." the second soldier gasped.

"Better believe it." was the reply.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U.S. hearing the weather report gave orders to the clean-up crews to prioritize with radiation removal near waterways first and then slowly make their way to higher altitudes due to the flood threat.

President Caudill filed a petition with the current GLP government requesting a extended stay of occupational forces... noting that if permitted the U.S. will facilitate complete radiation cleanup and fungicidal treatment of the agricultural regions if permitted to assist. It would delay the elections a month, but would allow for some of the greater domestic concerns of the GLP to be addressed via a multi-lateral effort.

In the meantime, some of the funnding of the GLP government was being forcibly diverted into a rebuilding fund for American targets struck by TUO attacks. Only half of the costs of rebuilding however were being procured this way. It was a sign the U.S. was willing to take up its half of responsibility in cleaning up the terrorist aggression and not force it all on the GLP people.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='21 June 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1277097902' post='2344814']
The U.S. hearing the weather report gave orders to the clean-up crews to prioritize with radiation removal near waterways first and then slowly make their way to higher altitudes due to the flood threat.

President Caudill filed a petition with the current GLP government requesting a extended stay of occupational forces... noting that if permitted the U.S. will facilitate complete radiation cleanup and fungicidal treatment of the agricultural regions if permitted to assist. It would delay the elections a month, but would allow for some of the greater domestic concerns of the GLP to be addressed via a multi-lateral effort.

In the meantime, some of the funnding of the GLP government was being forcibly diverted into a rebuilding fund for American targets struck by TUO attacks. Only half of the costs of rebuilding however were being procured this way. It was a sign the U.S. was willing to take up its half of responsibility in cleaning up the terrorist aggression and not force it all on the GLP people.
[/quote]
Reply:

Go ahead, but for the fungus, they are resistant to every last fungicide on the market and each time you try to kill them, they release additional spores. We have confirmed that the spores can tolerate up to 315 Celsius (599 Fahrenheit) before effectively getting killed. Another way would be to use highly powerful fungicide that are notorious for killing other non-targeted organisms, remove all infected crops, loosen dirt, dump vast amount of tapeworm killer drugs (the ones that eats away the tapeworms' covering) to burn away the spores' protective covering, and dump acidic liquid or cook the dirt up to 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit).

Both methods will be extremely costly, time consuming, and damaging to the environment.

OoC: Wait, I'm confused. Is the US still going against the GLP, or are you now cooperating to clean up the terrorists' mess?
IC:

As the war between the United States and the Great Lakes Provinces seemed to have dissolved, the Government of Disparu also ordered most of the soldiers stationed throughout the border to return to their based. The only troops left were border guards and a [i]slightly increased[/i] military presence, though it was considerably lower compared to the one previously stationed there. The Government also ordered the Disparuean Forces to return to its normal, peacetime state.

Soon after, the Government cancelled its requests to York and J Andres. The Government then requested for clearance for cleanup teams to enter irradiated areas near the border, specifically Lake Nipissing and the are around the blown nuclear power plant. Teams would also be sent to clean up waterways and land near the Saint Lawrence Seaway, which connected the Great Lakes with the St. Lawrence River and the Atlantic Ocean.

***Private to USA***

While we would like to mainly remain out of this conflict, we are willing to help you, but with only a small military footprint. We are requesting permission to send over 10 HAVOC soldiers and one Ranger Company. We may contribute more soldiers if the conflict escalates.

Sincerely,

Daisy Kins (Blue Heaven Minister of Defense)

Republic of York coast guard ships with radiation sensing equipment moved out into Lake Ontario, requesting permission from the GLP and USA to enter GLP's territorial waters to check for the spread of radiated materials in the lake itself. Also, basic foodstuffs such as rice, bread, and clean drinking water crossed the border at Buffalo, ready to head wherever they were needed in the country.

-----Classified to the USA-------

As brother in peace, Bohovia has full support for the United States of America. We are offering to send 30,000 Bohovian troops and 400 heavily armored tanks, in order to protect the boarder between the USA and GLS.

All 10920 Tiministan Paratroopers were now set up and ready at the Grayling airfield in Michigan. The engineers set up their temporary residence, and all 60 C-130s parked up with all the crews and the first deployment on standby to drop into the GLP should hostilities between them and the USA increase, and violence break out across the border.

They await any orders from the USA.

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='21 June 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1277133155' post='2345210']
OoC: Wait, I'm confused. Is the US still going against the GLP, or are you now cooperating to clean up the terrorists' mess?
IC:

As the war between the United States and the Great Lakes Provinces seemed to have dissolved, the Government of Disparu also ordered most of the soldiers stationed throughout the border to return to their based. The only troops left were border guards and a [i]slightly increased[/i] military presence, though it was considerably lower compared to the one previously stationed there. The Government also ordered the Disparuean Forces to return to its normal, peacetime state.

Soon after, the Government cancelled its requests to York and J Andres. The Government then requested for clearance for cleanup teams to enter irradiated areas near the border, specifically Lake Nipissing and the are around the blown nuclear power plant. Teams would also be sent to clean up waterways and land near the Saint Lawrence Seaway, which connected the Great Lakes with the St. Lawrence River and the Atlantic Ocean.
[/quote]
OOC: Cooperating
------
[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='21 June 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1277137120' post='2345276']
Republic of York coast guard ships with radiation sensing equipment moved out into Lake Ontario, requesting permission from the GLP and USA to enter GLP's territorial waters to check for the spread of radiated materials in the lake itself. Also, basic foodstuffs such as rice, bread, and clean drinking water crossed the border at Buffalo, ready to head wherever they were needed in the country.
[/quote]

IC: Both of you have permission to enter GLP.
------------
At Central Nuclear Power Plant:

GLP soldiers equipped with radiation protection suits were pouring hundreds of ton of concrete onto the still smoking ruins, attempting to seal the radioactive material into a concrete coffin before another rain hits.

Upon obtaining clearance, five cleanup teams, each comprising of half a dozen people, were sent to the GLP. Three were sent to the nuclear power plant and were accompanied by (unarmed) soldiers from the Disparuean Forces to help out. They also came with several materials, such as bags of cement and scrubbers. The other two were sent to the GLP side of the Saint Lawrence Seaway to prevent irradiated water from reaching uninfected bodies of water.

OOC: Two problems that I forgot to mention... :facepalm:

1. The fungus affected region is in the landlocked western part of GLP. Dropping off food in the eastern region would be useless.

2. It would be hard to enter the eastern region of GLP that borders the Great Lakes since the land-borders are littered with landmines, bear traps, barbed wires, and sparsely occupied (by border patrols) makeshift defenses that were set up by GLP soldiers who thought that war would occur very soon.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: if this teenage mutant ninja fungus is near my border then, you're going to have to prove this stuff can actually exist before I acknowledge it. I have no problem with you guys pretending you have this fungus outbreak over in Ontario, but if you want it hanging around near Canuckistan (meaning it would be impossible for me to act like it couldn't cross my border), I'll just have to send in Mr. Spock and the Gundams to clean it up.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='21 June 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1277173581' post='2346051']
OOC: if this teenage mutant ninja fungus is near my border then, you're going to have to prove this stuff can actually exist before I acknowledge it. I have no problem with you guys pretending you have this fungus outbreak over in Ontario, but if you want it hanging around near Canuckistan (meaning it would be impossible for me to act like it couldn't cross my border), I'll just have to send in Mr. Spock and the Gundams to clean it up.
[/quote]
OOC: I won't RP it jumping borders, only staying within the central parts of the western region.

Edited by HHAYD

The ship carrying the remainder of Arctican military aid arrived in an American port. Unloaded would be 50 M1A1 tanks, 6 UH-60's, and 200 Humvees, 1/3 crewed (Humvees with driver).

Supposedly there would be American military officials there, so when everything was unloaded and the ship was refueling for its journey home, the senior officer among the Arcticans told the American commander "We are at your command."

[quote name='HHAYD' date='21 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1277172933' post='2346038']
OOC: Two problems that I forgot to mention... :facepalm:

1. The fungus affected region is in the landlocked western part of GLP. Dropping off food in the eastern region would be useless.

[b]2. It would be hard to enter the eastern region of GLP that borders the Great Lakes since the land-borders are littered with landmines, bear traps, barbed wires, and sparsely occupied (by border patrols) makeshift defenses that were set up by GLP soldiers who thought that war would occur very soon.[/b]
[/quote]
OoC: It's not like my teams would be cleaning up at the exact places with traps and the like. :v: They're also going to help out with the plant, which I assume doesn't have any traps since your soldiers can waltz in there without getting killed. :P
IC:

Upon the teams' arrival at the blown nuclear plant, they would begin to help out with whatever the GLP soldiers were doing. One member of the teams would hand a quickly-envisioned blueprint for the plant's containment building, which was similar to Chernobyl's New Safe Confinement structure.

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ed/New_Safe_Confinement.jpg/250px-New_Safe_Confinement.jpg[/img][/center]

Meanwhile, teams near the Great Lakes would notice areas filled with miles of barbed wires. Fearing for their safety, they would ask the GLP government to dismantle the traps, and would also ask permission for them to send dismantling crews to get rid of the traps.

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='22 June 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1277211630' post='2346478']
Meanwhile, teams near the Great Lakes would notice areas filled with miles of barbed wires. Fearing for their safety, they would ask the GLP government to dismantle the traps, and would also ask permission for them to send dismantling crews to get rid of the traps.
[/quote]
Reply:

We will try to remove as much as fast as possible though our military is already spread thin in attempting to cleanup the radiation mess. Go ahead with removing the traps though you might have some trouble clearing the barricades on roads, highways, and railroads.

Edited by HHAYD

All offers for manpower and equipment to facilitate in the clean up process were accepted by the U.S. Gov as well as all food-stuff supplies to help those impacted by the crisis in the Western provinces. The U.S. was still technically at war, but it was at war with the TUO more than it was the GLP, the State of War, while still recognized due to the high security concerns was not necessarily one of destruction. This was a very different kind of war. The U.S. was proving it was quite dexterous in how it conducted warfare.

A special decontamination site was set up in the Western Provinces inside a warehouse. Contaminated soil and crops with the fungus were brought in and a UV exposure machine was brought in to literally blast the fungus to death. The soil was passed through this machine and effectively all life within the soil would be eradicated from the irradiation. Once cleaned out the soil would be quite fertile with the remains of dead organisms and would be put back into containers and moved back to the fields.

As time went on, local work crews would be trained in the operations of the devices so that slowly but surely, the U.S. military could free itself from the area. The people of this region had a long haul ahead of them to recover from the disaster.

It was nearing time for new elections. Government officials were notified that due to their co-operation the existing government of the GLP would be allowed to participate in the new elections, except for the members of the executive branch. It was felt the executive must be replaced given their lack of clear and decisive leadership during the crisis.

The CIA and FBI was still working fervently to identify and isolate TUO members. The ones routed out of the wood-work would be detained.. not as civil criminals, but as enemy combatants.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Surprisingly, they would not find TUO's members anywhere no matter how hard they looked, TUO was non-existent. All of its members were either dead, in prison, or had fled the North American Continent.

CIA eventually contacted Centcom, "Bee's nest empty. Hive is dead. Some hornets locked up. Others migrated."

Studabaker was pleased, "Seems like our job here is done for the moment. Definitely time to begin elections." He gave out the orders to begin organizing the public assembly places for the election process for the new GLP government.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='22 June 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1277218734' post='2346543']
Reply:

We will try to remove as much as fast as possible though our military is already spread thin in attempting to cleanup the radiation mess. Go ahead with removing the traps though you might have some trouble clearing the barricades on roads, highways, and railroads.
[/quote]
"We will need to know the locations of these traps before being able to dismantle them."

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='22 June 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1277229729' post='2346726']
"We will need to know the locations of these traps before being able to dismantle them."
[/quote]
If you see trenches (which are located on all of GLP's land borders), then there will be traps in front of them.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' date='22 June 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1277230365' post='2346745']
If you see trenches (which are located on all of GLP's land borders), then there will be traps in front of them.
[/quote]

Disparuean military crews would be sent to the GLP side of the border to disarm and remove traps planted by the GLP's soldiers. Once removed, the cleanup teams began to perform their tasks.