quigon jinn

Hello,

Is the following the maximum income trade set:

Affluent Population
Fast Food
Fine Jewelry
Wheat

?

(all the required resources for Fast Food/Affluent Population/Fine Jewelry are included)

Also, what is the maximum income set someone with Fish/Uranium could achieve. I'm having a little trouble determining it because it doesn't appear to be so obvious.

Many thanks,
Quigon

edit: punctuation

Edited by quigon jinn

I believe it would be (for larger nations, not sure for smaller ones):

Resource list:
- Cattle
- Coal
- Fish
- Furs
- Gems
- Gold
- Pigs
- Silver
- Sugar
- Uranium
- Wheat
- Wine

which gives affluent population and fine jewelry, and replaces the spices with uranium (-4 happiness for the weird bonus uranium provides, not exactly sure the max)

The maximum income set is usually Fast Food, Aff Pop, and Fine Jewelry with uranium as the last resource. You can swap something out for wheat if you want a stronger population bonus, but the 4 happiness bonus from Fast Food and spices is greater than the $7.50 you can get from uranium. Your resources are incredibly flexible so you can pretty much chose whatever trade setup you want.

[quote name='asawyer' date='03 June 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1275577099' post='2322093']
The maximum income set is usually Fast Food, Aff Pop, and Fine Jewelry with uranium as the last resource. You can swap something out for wheat if you want a stronger population bonus, but the 4 happiness bonus from Fast Food and spices is greater than the $7.50 you can get from uranium. Your resources are incredibly flexible so you can pretty much chose whatever trade setup you want.
[/quote]

Why would you ever choose uranium over wheat for a max income set though? That doesn't make any sense at all :(

because they want nukes. Also, keep in mind that for small nations(up to 5k infra, where your improvement slots are pretty much maxed out) maximum income trade circle is almost always a 3BR + Fish (all that thanks to extra improvement slots and more people to collect taxes from).

[quote name='ratonbox' date='03 June 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1275602059' post='2322516']
because they want nukes. Also, keep in mind that for small nations(up to 5k infra, where your improvement slots are pretty much maxed out) maximum income trade circle is almost always a 3BR + Fish (all that thanks to extra improvement slots and more people to collect taxes from).
[/quote]

That's maximum profit, not maximum income though.

I'm looking for maximum base income - it's possible to temporarily trade for iron/lumber and greatly reduce bills when in a max-income set (thereby greatly increasing profit above the 3BR set) but much harder to take a 3BR and trade out the construction resources for the maximum collection set.

What you're looking to do is create a temp trading ring, because there is no singular circle which can maximize your profit without going about 20 day cycles of swapping for bill reducing bonuses to further increase your profit beyond the income of a standard circle.

I'm looking for maximum income.

NOT maximum profit.

I know I can temporarily trade for lumber/iron and get my bills to the same cost they are with my 3BR easily. But I'm not as sure which set gives maximum income.... am I not making this clear? Everyone seems to be reading "income" as "long term profit" which is not what I am looking for :(

It should be reasonably easy to find for yourself. Use the [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_resource_tool.asp"]resource calculator tool[/url] and find the best combination.

Affluent Population and Fine Jewlery are good for that sort of thing. If it were me, I'd try the 3BR: Affluent Population + Fine Jewelry + Fast Food, with the additional resource of uranium (is great if you have 30+ tech).