Operation Crackdown

HHAYD

OOC: The investigation: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86327&view=findpost&p=2309160

Anyone may join.

EDIT: [b]After you ask me![/b]
------------------------------
IC:

To USA, from GLP President HI:

I apologize for my rage earlier over Michigan. The Federal Police Agency of GLP had launched a deep investigation after our military discovered TUO's computers, hacked them, and found some interesting data.

Fast fact about TUO (The United Organization): It was originally formed by dozens of various criminal groups when GLS government decided to launch massive crackdowns after crackdowns to reduce crime. Its goal was to weaken GLS so the criminals can dominate again, which failed. It then became a terrorist organization fully intent on completely taking control of GLS instead of just weakening it at any cost. For some reason, TUO had the resources to absorb two major defeats, numerous small defeats, build many underground bases, a few giant ones, operate a military force, rebuild it again, and set up a small nation.

The data we recovered contained massive amount of financial records, meetings, and etc. Many businesses were TUO's cash cows that were indirectly/partially owned, some were even directly owned by TUO but had puppet presidents to avoid attracting various angry law enforcement agencies. Many of the businesses' presidents/executives/board of director members had attended face-to-face/video conferencing with TUO's high ranking officials, including TUO's leader.

Some of those businesses are located outside of GLS or are international. There are eight of them in your country that we suspect they had supported TUO and have strong evidences to prove that.

We are requesting your assistance in cracking down the terrorist supporters.

Edited by HHAYD

Send us as much data as you have on these terrorist suspects. We'll see what we can do. I would like to point out though that you currently lack an extradition treaty with us. Something you may want to rectify with our Department of State.

Regards,
William Caudill,
President of the United States

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='23 May 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1274643113' post='2309318']
Send us as much data as you have on these terrorist suspects. We'll see what we can do. I would like to point out though that you currently lack an extradition treaty with us. Something you may want to rectify with our Department of State.

Regards,
William Caudill,
President of the United States
[/quote]
Reply:

We will send all of the data we recovered but it will take weeks considering the volume of data that can not be transferred from their computers onto ours automatically nor can be printed. We do not have the proper connection wires from our computers' ports to their computers' ports nor are there any compatible printers for their computers.

We have to copy them manually, looking at the screen, typing it, and that is prone human mistakes. Their computers' screens are specially designed reflect a lot of glare and blur videos and pictures, even when there is no external light. Adding anti-glare lens to the cameras would make the words unreadable. If you want to see the real ones as soon as possible, you have to come to GLP.

Oh, by the way, be prepared to have some headaches from the glare since its going to be a lot of spreadsheets, documents, pictures, and videos you have to examine.

Edited by HHAYD

To United Isocoles Herald, From President HI of GLP:

Fast fact about TUO (The United Organization): It was originally formed by dozens of various criminal groups when GLS government decided to launch massive crackdowns after crackdowns to reduce crime. Its goal was to weaken GLS so the criminals can dominate again, which failed. It then became a terrorist organization fully intent on completely taking control of GLS instead of just weakening it at any cost. For some reason, TUO had the resources to absorb numerous disasters and eventually decimated GLS.

The data we recovered contained massive amount of financial records, meetings, and etc. Many businesses were TUO's cash cows that were indirectly/partially owned, some were even directly owned by TUO but had puppet presidents to avoid attracting various angry law enforcement agencies. Many of the businesses' presidents/executives/board of director members had attended face-to-face/video conferencing with TUO's high ranking officials, including TUO's leader.

Some of those businesses are located outside of GLS or are international. There are two of them in your country that we suspect they had supported TUO and have strong evidences to prove that. One of them is a mercenary company, so it might end up being nasty if they decide to put up a fight.

Private message to GLS:

Please do send us who it is. They will be attacked and executed at once. Unless you request "prisoners".

OoC: It just United Isocoles, United Isocoles herald is a news paper. I'll ignore that for now. :D

Edited by Fizzydog

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='23 May 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1274663725' post='2309713']
Private message to GLS:

Please do send us who it is. They will be attacked and executed at once. Unless you request "prisoners".

OoC: It just United Isocoles, United Isocoles herald is a news paper. I'll ignore that for now. :D
[/quote]
Reply:

Yes, we need the "prisoners" for our court trial. Just storm their buildings, capture the executives, and send them over to us. Do it when I say it is okay, I don't want to alert other suspects that are outside of your country.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='24 May 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1274711588' post='2310201']
Coruscanta's 501st has already eliminated and suppressed any supporters of this TUO. Any further action in Coruscanta is not necessary.
[/quote]
OOC: It isn't public yet.

[quote]

To: The GLS government

Priority: High

Dear leader(s) of the GLS,

Blue Heaven has counter terrorism experience and would like to offer assistance in the form of a 10 man HAVOC Ground Troop team to be under the command of Lt. Col. Mary Green. Please respond.

Sincerely,
Mary Homes (Commander of Department 5600)
[/quote]

Reply:

Only launch the assault when we tell you it is okay. We need to coordinate our crackdown with other countries and launch all of our attacks at the same time or suspects might get alerted. Do not kill anyone or destroy anything unless if they pose to be a threat. Capture all of the executives and as much data as possible since they might contain evidences that they did help TUO.

[quote name='kitex' date='24 May 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1274738691' post='2310528']
Reply:

Understood. Also can we send in the soldiers now into your nation. Once there they will remain where you station them until it is time to attack.
[/quote]
Reply:

We are fine, we don't need any reinforcements.

[quote name='HHAYD' date='24 May 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1274735514' post='2310480']
OOC: It isn't public yet.
[/quote]
OOC: I would know about it since I'm right on your border and most of my citizens would be former GLS citizens. Also, the 501st was created to directly counter the TUO in the first place.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='24 May 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1274758547' post='2310932']
President Caudill wonders how all these people are intercepting private diplomatic memos. Shrugs. Returns to work.
[/quote]
OOC: Still waiting for a reply to my post.

President Caudill had finally finished reviewing the list. He had issued outstanding warrants for all persons via the FBI and CIA. The knowledge they were hunting TUO members was classified and many of the persons of interest underwent "rendition" for questioning. Caudill wanted to know what he was dealing with before he handed the suspects over to GLS and had a lot of questions for these people and their role in this supposed terror organization, and he wanted as much information as he could obtain.. from the source.

Namely, he wanted to know why GLS wanted them so badly. If they helped him... he had ideas for.. helping them. Namely with new identities and protection. If they didn't co-operate.. they'd be handed over to the folks that wanted them for alleged terror crimes.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

To Blue Heaven, UI, Poya Raiz, and USA from President HI:

Message: Launch the raid. Please capture as many data and files as possible since they might contain evidences that show that they had helped TUO.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='24 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1274759128' post='2310947']
Namely, he wanted to know why GLS wanted them so badly. If they helped him... he had ideas for.. helping them. Namely with new identities and protection. If they didn't co-operate.. they'd be handed over to the folks that wanted them for alleged terror crimes.
[/quote]
OOC: Make the wrong move and GLP's public will cry for war when realized that their neighbor had just let terrorist supporters go.

Edited by HHAYD

In New City, ExIm Corporation HQ, at 8:00 AM:

A swarm of police cars and vans screeched to an halt and dozens of officers bolted straight into the lobby with search warrant papers. During that time, the executive, Johnston Quine was about to enter the elevator when he noticed the police officers. "What is the meaning of this?! You have no right to storm into an innocent business!" he shouted as one of the officers whipped out a search warrant paper in front of his face, said, "Do not interfere with our search or you will be prosecuted for obstruction of justice and will end up being more suspicious." and the officer, with some of his buddies, entered the elevator.
--------------------
Throughout the country, suspected businesses were stormed, data mined, and the data the police collected were analyzed. A few of the businesses attempted to destroy evidences that could result something much worse but made themselves more suspicious. In response, various police forces used the same tactic, whipping out the handcuffs and forcing the files/data destroyers in the police cars.

To prevent the media from swarming in with cameras, roadblocks were setup to stop any news van and police officers assigned patrol duties to stop determined news reporters. All the media knew was that throughout the country, many businesses were being stormed by police officers for some unknown reason.

[b]An undisclosed interrogation facility (this rp is top secret closed Me/HHYAD thread may be used for other related rp.)[/b]

A man was strapped to the chair. The room was pitch black. The man, a higher ranking TUO contact, had been locked up for about 2 days and had totally lost track of the time and had only contact with his caretakers. At the moment, he was blind folded. He sat in a chair, a bright light shined on him making him feel the heat.

"Greetings John." Said a cool voice. "You may call me Joe Smith. I am here to talk about the terms for your potential protection by the United States under the terms that you negotiated with us. You wish to give us information in exchange for your freedom, citizenship, and a decent standard of living. This can be provided, if the information you provide can be confirmed. I am going to ask you some basic questions. You provide the answers. The questions and answers will be recorded. You are free to answer how you like without punishment." The cool professionalism of his voice gave no indications as to whether he was lying or not.

"Have you been treated well by the United States as a prisoner?"

Generally speaking, he had been. He had been treated as a very dangerous prisoner but otherwise well fed and treated.. just generally isolated. They recorded his answer (to be given by HHYAD playing the terrorist).

"What is the name of all your fellow associates in TUO?"

"What is the purpose and history of the TUO?"

"What is the remote electronic or IP address of the TUO research database and how can it be accessed?"

"What kinds of security measures are on the database and how can they be bypassed?"

"What is the future intent of the TUO in regards to planned operations against the GLPS and the United States of America?"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='27 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1275020330' post='2314260']
"Have you been treated well by the United States as a prisoner?"

Generally speaking, he had been. He had been treated as a very dangerous prisoner but otherwise well fed and treated.. just generally isolated. They recorded his answer (to be given by HHYAD playing the terrorist).

"What is the name of all your fellow associates in TUO?"

"What is the purpose and history of the TUO?"

"What is the remote electronic or IP address of the TUO research database and how can it be accessed?"

"What kinds of security measures are on the database and how can they be bypassed?"

"What is the future intent of the TUO in regards to planned operations against the GLPS and the United States of America?"
[/quote]
"I have no associates"

"I know nothing."

"I know nothing."

"I know nothing"

"TUO is dead. It was gutted by Disparu and FSA about a year ago. If it was still alive it would have still occupied the northern half of GLP currently. Besides, I don't trust you."