Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='salithus' date='22 April 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1271980441' post='2271302']
Why are you attacking our freedom to express ourselves?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]When your "freedom of expression" infringes upon the rights of others then there is a problem. As for Lamuella, all I see is another attempt by GOONS to assassinate my character. NPO tried before you, and they failed. People know that I am a man of honor. Why do I so vocally attack GOONS? Simple. You are the most representative of all the injustices that occur in the world today. Sure you may not be the only the ones, but you do it so often and so blatantly that you cannot be ignored.

Also, I should not be surprised to see Bob siding with GOONS in their attempt to smear my name. I am a made of vigor, of fortitude. Bob likes to dance around and pretend to be "logical" and "reasonable." It sickens me. Everyone tries that these days. I do not, however. I am a man of passion. Of energy and strength. I could care less for logic or reason. I fight for what I feel is right and just. I have no intent to back down anytime soon. I have spent years fighting against tyrants, all who have met their ends. GOONS shall be no different.[/color]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1271981995' post='2271330']
[color="#0000FF"]When your "freedom of expression" infringes upon the rights of others then there is a problem. As for Lamuella, all I see is another attempt by GOONS to assassinate my character. NPO tried before you, and they failed. People know that I am a man of honor. Why do I so vocally attack GOONS? Simple. You are the most representative of all the injustices that occur in the world today. Sure you may not be the only the ones, but you do it so often and so blatantly that you cannot be ignored.

Also, I should not be surprised to see Bob siding with GOONS in their attempt to smear my name. I am a made of vigor, of fortitude. Bob likes to dance around and pretend to be "logical" and "reasonable." It sickens me. Everyone tries that these days. I do not, however. I am a man of passion. Of energy and strength. I could care less for logic or reason. I fight for what I feel is right and just. I have no intent to back down anytime soon. I have spent years fighting against tyrants, all who have met their ends. GOONS shall be no different.[/color]
[/quote]

Why are you trying to infringe on our rights?

[quote name='salithus' date='22 April 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1271982656' post='2271341']
Why are you trying to infringe on our rights?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have done nothing of the sort. I am merely calling you and Umbrella out on this nonsense. There is no reason for you to have sanctioned Methrage other than pettiness. Methrage was nearly bill locked and almost ZIed. The sanction was merely insult to injury. In the process of satisfying your petty sadism you disrupted the trades of your team. Tell me, was it worth it?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1271983486' post='2271350']
[color="#0000FF"]I have done nothing of the sort. I am merely calling you and Umbrella out on this nonsense. There is no reason for you to have sanctioned Methrage other than pettiness. Methrage was nearly bill locked and almost ZIed. The sanction was merely insult to injury. In the process of satisfying your petty sadism you disrupted the trades of your team. Tell me, was it worth it?[/color]
[/quote]

Why do you resort to lying when called out on your nonsense?

[quote name='salithus' date='22 April 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1271984466' post='2271370']
Why do you resort to lying when called out on your nonsense?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Where have I lied? I am merely pointing out the collective character of the GOONS alliance and how it operates. With these observations it can be concluded that my reasoning is correct and truthful, and the growing GOONS dissident movement only confirms my words as true. At least three prominent GOONS have come out as a result of this incident and told the truth about this sanctioning event and Umbrella's role in it.[/color]

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='22 April 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1271976715' post='2271227']
I will testify to this.
I went to GOONS IRC channel to resolve the aid issue diplomatically and I was barraged with terrible namecalling and insults like the following:
<Ktar|GOONS> I demand reps for the damage those soldiers do
<Matthew_PK[GRE]> Ktar, plz send the bill to RamirusMaximus
<Matthew_PK[GRE]> tell him I said to put it on his tab
<Ktar|GOONS> I lost some soldiers in a GA but got 10t, so I'll call it even
<Ktar|GOONS> Case closed
<Matthew_PK[GRE]> 50 DKP minus
<Ktar|GOONS> Yes. As punishment you don't get to roll on any boss loot next raid.

I am not certain what boss or raid Ktar is referring to, but I suspect it has something to do with an unconditional surrender.
[/quote]
I figured they wouldn't do anything, I did manage to do some damage and get some tech back with those troops though,

[quote]Your soldiers fought bravely and killed many enemy soldiers but were forced to retreat and were ultimately defeated in battle. In your defeat your forces were still able to capture 40.729 miles of land from Canuckistan. They also destroyed 14.333 infrastructure within Canuckistan. They also stole 3.583 technology from Canuckistan. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $9,427.44. Your forces looted $0.00 from the nation of Canuckistan.[/quote]

Although I didn't get any money which is what I was going for.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1271985095' post='2271378']
[color="#0000FF"]Where have I lied? I am merely pointing out the collective character of the GOONS alliance and how it operates. With these observations it can be concluded that my reasoning is correct and truthful, and the growing GOONS dissident movement only confirms my words as true. At least three prominent GOONS have come out as a result of this incident and told the truth about this sanctioning event and Umbrella's role in it.[/color]
[/quote]

You are actively seeking our destruction, which infringes on our sovereignity. Saying either that we do not have a right to sovereignity or that you are not infringing on our rights is a lie. Why do you use such dishonorable and immoral tactics to further your goals?

[quote name='Methrage' date='22 April 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1271985247' post='2271384']
I figured they wouldn't do anything, I did manage to do some damage and get some tech back with those troops though,
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Not surprising. You will note that most alliances these days will not act the same towards a large group as they will against a small one or individuals. Cowardice really. They do not have the fortitude or conviction to enforce something when there may be consequences. I on the other hand have the consistency to act the same towards all, regardless of size. Others, why they target small groups to posture, to appear tougher than they are in actuality.

I do believe this war against Methrage is just that. GOONS lacks credibility and they hope that by targeting Methrage that people will take them seriously. I can assure you that I will be taking GOONS as seriously as I always have as a result of this. Was that your desired effect?[/color]

oh my god, the universal arrogance of assuming that our "desired" effect was anything to do with you whatsoever

When you want to change a lightbulb, do you just grab hold of it and wait for the world to revolve around you?

(also, how did we "target" methrage, when he's the one who started crap with us? I didn't have the faintest clue who he was until he barged into our thread and demanded our attention)

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Lamuella' date='22 April 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1271980661' post='2271305']
[color=#FF9999"]Let's all be realistic here. Rebel Virginia isn't upset at GOONS for attacking Methrage. He's not actually upset at all. It's just that if he goes more than ten minutes without someone paying close attention to him then he has to face up to his own company, which is so utterly unbearable as to drive men to drink. Sort of like how every post he makes on any of these forums is him trying to stir something up so people are paying attention to him. Basically, he's an egotistical limelight-addict, and every time we reply to him, we feed into his own vastly bloated sense of self-importance[/color]
[/quote]

Then wouldn't it be best to ignore him? :v:

[quote name='salithus' date='22 April 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1271985480' post='2271386']
You are actively seeking our destruction, which infringes on our sovereignity. Saying either that we do not have a right to sovereignity or that you are not infringing on our rights is a lie. Why do you use such dishonorable and immoral tactics to further your goals?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have not done anything to harm your alliance. Unless of course you are afraid that this damage to public opinion may pose a risk to you in the future. If that is the case then you have none to blame but yourselves. No one has forced you to act like jerks and to abuse power and to bully the weak at every opportunity. Any consequences that will be had are only the result of your own actions. I will not pity you.[/color]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='22 April 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1271985889' post='2271391']
Then wouldn't it be best to ignore him? :v:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]People do not go through such lengths to discredit someone unless they have reason to fear that person. GOONS knows that I have a large following, and that whether they like it or not my words mean something to a lot of people. Thus they, like the NPO before them, have declared that I only protest their actions because I am looking for attention. That is a lie and they know it, but what does that matter? It is easy to say and can be applied to all others that dare speak against them. In the end it will be a futile effort, however, and quite frankly detrimental. Whenever they try to discredit me it only serves to further my point as all I say comes true.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1271986260' post='2271399']
[color="#0000FF"]People do not go through such lengths to discredit someone unless they have reason to fear that person.[/color]
[/quote]

So, RV, why do you fear us so much?

[quote name='Methrage' date='22 April 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1271986257' post='2271398']
I didn't recruit or aid anyone from CSA until after GOONS queried me on IRC making threats, daring me to send the aid, and insulting me.
[/quote]

oh, you liar.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84016&view=findpost&p=2254735

[quote]How would The Confederate States of America like to merge into Citadel? Won't ever have to admit defeat that way. [/quote]

This is what is known in the trade as "recruitment"

Basically, you were spoiling for a fight and to get involved in someone else's business. I for one didn't know or care who you were until this point. I still don't know why you felt such an urge to insert yourself in our affairs.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1271986260' post='2271399']
[color="#0000FF"]I have not done anything to harm your alliance. Unless of course you are afraid that this damage to public opinion may pose a risk to you in the future. If that is the case then you have none to blame but yourselves. No one has forced you to act like jerks and to abuse power and to bully the weak at every opportunity. Any consequences that will be had are only the result of your own actions. I will not pity you.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='17 April 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1271527738' post='2263996']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, I suppose I can walk away satisfied that at least someone out there sees GOONS for what it is, and quite frankly this is the main reason that I feel GOONS deserves death. It is just a horrible alliance and does not deserve to exist.[/color]
[/quote]

Your lack of success at actually harming GOONS through your third rate rhetoric does not absolve you of the hypocrisy of using underhanded and immorral tactics to infringe on our sovereignity and seek our destruction.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='22 April 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1271989107' post='2271475']
oh, you liar.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84016&view=findpost&p=2254735

This is what is known in the trade as "recruitment"

Basically, you were spoiling for a fight and to get involved in someone else's business. I for one didn't know or care who you were until this point. I still don't know why you felt such an urge to insert yourself in our affairs.
[/quote]
I made a comment in a thread, I didn't actually recruit from CSA until after a GOONS member dared me to aid a CSA member as well as make threats and provoked me on IRC.

RV, your predictions have the accuracy of a newspaper horoscope.

[quote name='Methrage' date='22 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1271994996' post='2271614']
I made a comment in a thread, I didn't actually recruit from CSA until after a GOONS member dared me to aid a CSA member as well as make threats and provoked me on IRC.
[/quote]
Oh please, do split hairs and continue to backpedal more. The only reason no one from CSA joined The Citadel until after we contacted you on IRC is because we attempted to deal with the situation quickly. You would have had no qualms harboring our enemies even if we had not "provoked" you.

[quote name='Methrage' date='22 April 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1271994996' post='2271614']
I made a comment in a thread,
[/quote]

You put out a recruitment message.

[quote]
I didn't actually recruit from CSA until after a GOONS member dared me to aid a CSA member as well as make threats and provoked me on IRC.
[/quote]

He didn't threaten you. He didn't dare you to aid anyone. He told you what the consequences of accepting members of CSA into your "alliance" would be. We told you that accepting CSA members into your "alliance" would be considered an act of war. That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact, and a fairly standard one. Accepting members from an alliance that is at war and who haven't surrendered is a huge diplomatic no-no. I understand you were once a leader of an actual alliance. Surely you knew this already.

With regard to aid, nobody had mentioned aid (except as the casus belli for our war with CSA), until you aided a CSA member and then bragged about it.

A blind man could see you brought this on yourself. Even Bob Janova (who for the record I respect a lot even though we don't see eye to eye) believes you brought the war on yourself.

EDIT: a question to FCC members: did he act like this when he led your alliance?

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1271981995' post='2271330']
[color="#0000FF"]Also, I should not be surprised to see Bob siding with GOONS in their attempt to smear my name. I am a made of vigor, of fortitude. Bob likes to dance around and pretend to be "logical" and "reasonable." It sickens me. Everyone tries that these days. I do not, however. I am a man of passion. Of energy and strength. I could care less for logic or reason. I fight for what I feel is right and just. I have no intent to back down anytime soon. I have spent years fighting against tyrants, all who have met their ends. GOONS shall be no different.[/color]
[/quote]
Quite frankly, you do a good enough job smearing your name on your own. Bob and GOONS doing it further is just gravy.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='23 April 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1271997935' post='2271666']
You put out a recruitment message.

He didn't threaten you. He didn't dare you to aid anyone. He told you what the consequences of accepting members of CSA into your "alliance" would be. We told you that accepting CSA members into your "alliance" would be considered an act of war. That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact, and a fairly standard one. Accepting members from an alliance that is at war and who haven't surrendered is a huge diplomatic no-no. I understand you were once a leader of an actual alliance. Surely you knew this already.

With regard to aid, nobody had mentioned aid (except as the casus belli for our war with CSA), until you aided a CSA member and then bragged about it.

A blind man could see you brought this on yourself. Even Bob Janova (who for the record I respect a lot even though we don't see eye to eye) believes you brought the war on yourself.

EDIT: a question to FCC members: did he act like this when he led your alliance?
[/quote]
Call it what you want,

<fw> Methrage:
<fw> accepting members of CSA will be considered an act of war
<fw> and will get your stupid $@! stomped.
<Methrage> lol
<fw> Call my bluff, I dare you.
<Methrage> Not up to me if they accept
<fw> The only reason the declaration of war wasn't on a bigger alliance was because FEAR hasn't given me a CB yet
<Methrage> also who needs someone to give them a CB
<Methrage> >.>
<fw> sardonic won't go for it if i dont have one
<fw> whatever you suck fyi

Here is the query I got from a GOON that made me even bother going back to that thread and recruit someone from CSA. He insults me and dares me to attack while calling me stupid, at this point I had only made one comment in the GOONS DoW on CSA thread.

[quote name='Methrage' date='22 April 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1271999381' post='2271707']
Here is the query I got from a GOON that made me even bother going back to that thread and recruit someone from CSA. He insults me and dares me to attack while calling me stupid, at this point I had only made one comment in the GOONS DoW on CSA thread.
[/quote]
Please explain how anything you are saying has any relevance to the fact that you were just caught lying.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='23 April 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1271999616' post='2271711']
Please explain how anything you are saying has any relevance to the fact that you were just caught lying.
[/quote]
Those logs show I wasn't lying, or would you like to point out what you're talking about if we're not taking about the same thing?