Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1271878451' post='2269399']
Wasn't it just one aid slot from one member as your story originally? They were a micro alliance of 3 people and you had them all exterminated for one of them sending aid, you hunted those down until deletion that wanted to leave CSA and join Citadel instead.
[/quote]
You are right - it was only one aiding nation, but that was enough. We approached them diplomatically, and they were unwilling to make any effort to resolve the situation. That is as far as your facts go.

CSA originally had 6 or 7 nations, and none of them were exterminated. One has joined GOONS and even admits the folly of their ex-leader. One was banished from the planet because he did not respect the customs, and almighty Admin willed it so. Two remain on the AA. The rest have taken their own path.

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1271878915' post='2269413']
You are right - it was only one aiding nation, but that was enough. We approached them diplomatically, and they were unwilling to make any effort to resolve the situation. That is as far as your facts go.
[/quote]
Sardonic who is your leader just stated it was on multiple occasions, if he would lie about something pointless like that, how can we trust anything he says?

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1271879179' post='2269418']
Sardonic who is your leader just stated it was on multiple occasions, if he would lie about something pointless like that, how can we trust anything he says?
[/quote]
Sardonic did not deal with the issue directly. There was another nation that aided the same rogue that the CSA nation did and at the same time, but he was in a different alliance. It is an easy source of confusion for someone not immediately handling the situation.

in another thread, you said you were at war with someone called nizzy, when no such person exists. If you would lie about something pointless like that, how can we trust anything you say?

You just said CSA had 3 members when they actually had 6-7. If you would lie about something pointless like that, how can we trust anything you say?

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1271879179' post='2269418']
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the deleted guy aided tibbarland, who was nuke rouging me. But I'm not 100%.

Found it:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=The%20Confederate%20States%20of%20America&anyallexact=exact

Note the aid to tibbarland and Fordlandia

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 April 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1271880063' post='2269444']
Found it:

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=The%20Confederate%20States%20of%20America&anyallexact=exact

[/quote]
I stand by corrected by our ever glorious and illustrious leader.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 April 2010 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1271880063' post='2269444']
Found it:

[/quote]
Well thats not the one that joined Citadel which got deleted twice and I aided, he was just trying to get the attacks to stop and lost his temper with how you guys can be.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1271880358' post='2269452']
Well thats not the one that joined Citadel which got deleted twice and I aided, he was just trying to get the attacks to stop and lost his temper with how you guys can be.
[/quote]
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything. You're arguing against things he didn't even say.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1271880358' post='2269452']
[/quote]
Your after the fact bluster does not erase the fact that we tried diplomacy, and could not come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Throughout this entire event we have operated as any reasonable alliance would have. At least hate us with your blustery hate for the correct reasons, in this event we are absolutely correct.

[quote name='Moarish' date='21 April 2010 - 02:03 PM' timestamp='1271880211' post='2269448']
Anyone care to sum up whats happening as 41 pages is rather a long read :v:
[/quote]

The short version is Methrage needed a new place to complain about GOONS because he lost the last two he was using.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1271876755' post='2269371']
[quote name='Drai' date='21 April 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1271875992' post='2269358']
[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1271875922' post='2269357']
Without looking I'm pretty sure GOONS is worse than all of those Avg NS wise, you guys suck at nation growth if you care.
[/quote]
Actually they're great tech sellers and have access to some good guides. What else do you need at the low nation strength level?

Or are you saying they suck at nation growth simply because they bring a lot of new players to the game thus dragging down their average NS?
[/quote]
I don't know what GOONS need, maybe they are trying to advance their nations by tech raiding, which isn't a good method of growth.
[/quote]
tl;dr - you had no reason to accuse them for poor growth.

Stop making pointless accusations when you have nothing else left to say.

[quote name='Drai' date='21 April 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1271882045' post='2269482']
tl;dr - you had no reason to accuse them for poor growth.

Stop making pointless accusations when you have nothing else left to say.
[/quote]

Aren't pointless accusations all that he ever has to say?

[quote name='Moarish' date='21 April 2010 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1271880211' post='2269448']
Anyone care to sum up whats happening as 41 pages is rather a long read :v:
[/quote]

It's more than 41 pages...it's been going on through four threads now. Methrage doesn't seem to get it, even though he's been involved throughout the entire thing.

You see, Methrage...when you argue a point, you have to take into consideration the counterpoints people bring up and REMEMBER THEM. The fact that you've been repeating the same hokey self-serving propaganda in every thread with the sole intention of slandering our alliance doesn't make you a martyr. You're only making yourself look more like a hyperventilating Chicken Little suffering from a panic attack. Yeah, you have some other children that are willing to back you up due to the big, mean, incredibly intelligent and too-witty-for-you GOONS tearing you apart in every single thread you whine about us in, but that doesn't make you right. You got yourself into this mess...perhaps, in a couple years after you've spent some time maturing, you'll be able to see where you went wrong. Feel free to apologize when this occurs, and we may forgive you of your sins against goonkind.

[quote name='nippy' date='21 April 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1271884329' post='2269542']
You see, Methrage...when you argue a point, you have to take into consideration the counterpoints people bring up and REMEMBER THEM.
[/quote]
Funny to hear such advice coming from you, but I really don't have to do anything in regards to irrelevant counterpoints brought up by those trying to skew events into something they are not.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1271885251' post='2269567']
Funny to hear such advice coming from you, but I really don't have to do anything in regards to irrelevant counterpoints brought up by those trying to skew events into something they are not.
[/quote]
No no no I think you've become confused.

[b]You[/b] Methrage, [b]we[/b] GOONS.

I know it can get tough, but it's best not to argue against exactly what you've been doing the entire time.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1271885251' post='2269567']
[/quote]
"I don't need to address points that differ from mine in an argument" - Methrage - April 21, 2010

Congrats on not bringing up any actual points but complaining about me not responding to them. I have more comments complaining about me not responding to points than any being raised without digging through heaps of posts.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1271888914' post='2269699']
I would consider most GOONS comments up to now to be trolling, but everyone has their own way of looking at it I suppose.

Also I'm not actually accusing them of breaking any rules, I mean it in a completely different way when I say trolling.
[/quote]
"Using any argument contrary to my own is trolling" - Methrage - April 21, 2010