Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

The Citadel has 105k total NS, 21k Avg NS and 5 members currently. I consider that enough to be an alliance and would like to request the sanctions removed. We're mostly black, except me who has been banished from black.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1271874873' post='2269328']
Your avg NS is one of the worse out of any alliance, even worse than Citadel. You like to get more numbers, but you guys don't seem to care much for nation growth beyond being big enough to tech raid smaller unaligned nations. Even the Citadel has higher Avg NS, I'm still above your average NS myself with 3.17 infra left.
[/quote]
The Citadel's Avg NS is also higher than UPN, TDO, ODN, MHA, NPO, and NpO. I bet none of them care about nation growth either.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1271875447' post='2269345']
The Citadel has 105k total NS, 21k Avg NS and 5 members currently. I consider that enough to be an alliance and would like to request the sanctions removed. We're mostly black, except me who has been banished from black.
[/quote]
I'm sure this is the best place to request this. Contacting the parties involved directly is overrated. Continue trying to hoard attention.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1271875697' post='2269351']
I'm sure this is the best place to request this. Contacting the parties involved directly is overrated. Continue trying to hoard attention.
[/quote]
I'm sure they'll see it just fine here.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1271875754' post='2269352']
[/quote]
I'm sure contacting them directly is even more effective and people don't have to think any less of you.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1271875754' post='2269352']
[/quote]
I'm sure my wife would have seen my proposal just fine if I had carved it into her car door.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1271875579' post='2269349']
The Citadel's Avg NS is also higher than UPN, TDO, ODN, MHA, NPO, and NpO. I bet none of them care about nation growth either.
[/quote]
Without looking I'm pretty sure GOONS is worse than all of those Avg NS wise, you guys suck at nation growth if you care.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1271875922' post='2269357']
Without looking I'm pretty sure GOONS is worse than all of those Avg NS wise, you guys suck at nation growth if you care.
[/quote]
Actually they're great tech sellers and have access to some good guides. What else do you need at the low nation strength level?

Or are you saying they suck at nation growth simply because they bring a lot of new players to the game thus dragging down their average NS?

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1271875922' post='2269357']
[/quote]
Congratulations on not backing up your original argument at all, and continuing to assert your conclusion anyways.

Please supply some objective proof that our nation growth "sucks".

Edit: spelling

Edited by ktarthan

Considering that an awful lot of our newer members joined the alliance at 0 or thereabouts NS, I'd say their growth since has been rather impressive.

Especially when compared to, for example, Methrage's NS growth since founding Citadel.

[quote name='Drai' date='21 April 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1271875992' post='2269358']
Actually they're great tech sellers and have access to some good guides. What else do you need at the low nation strength level?

Or are you saying they suck at nation growth simply because they bring a lot of new players to the game thus dragging down their average NS?
[/quote]
I don't know what GOONS need, maybe they are trying to advance their nations by tech raiding, which isn't a good method of growth.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1271876755' post='2269371']
I don't know what GOONS need, maybe they are trying to advance their nations by tech raiding, which isn't a good method of growth.
[/quote]
That's funny, Methrage. You're a funny guy.

(Actually, it's common to hear of GOONS paying off multiple tech deals without having to purchase any themselves.)

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1271875447' post='2269345']
[/quote]
Unfortunately, what you consider is irrelevant. You were sanctioned for your war crimes, which aren't forgiven due to you rounding up a couple miscreants.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1271876956' post='2269378']
That's funny, Methrage. You're a funny guy.

(Actually, it's common to hear of GOONS paying off multiple tech deals without having to purchase any themselves.)
[/quote]
Selling tech to your allies is probably the most useful thing you can do and why they put up with you.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1271876956' post='2269378']
[/quote]
I may or may not be a person in this example. All I know is, I've sold close to a grand in tech at this point and haven't boughten any of the the last 1500 plus land I've gained since the end of the war.

[quote name='Hidraca' date='21 April 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1271877161' post='2269382']
I may or may not be a person in this example. All I know is, I've sold close to a grand in tech at this point and haven't boughten any of the the last 1500 plus land I've gained since the end of the war.
[/quote]
Your nation is pretty new and selling tech is still useful for you, but in the long run tech raiding won't pay off. Somehow I think you're going to lose all of that soon enough due to what started because of GOONS picking on a smaller alliance (CSA) for raiding purposes.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1271877599' post='2269386']
Your nation is pretty new and selling tech is still useful for you, but in the long run tech raiding won't pay off. Somehow I think you're going to lose all of that soon enough due to what started because of GOONS picking on a smaller alliance (CSA) for raiding purposes.
[/quote]
You can't just repeat something until it becomes true. CSA aided people attacking us on multiple occasions, they knew damn well what they were doing. They were probably influenced by the web of stupidity that is arrayed against us (which you yourself are now part of).

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='21 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1271877777' post='2269387']
Are you seriously giving our nations growth advice? I guess any way you can segue into making false accusations and vague threats about the future of GOONS.
[/quote]
I was referring to his offensive war with me...

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1271877842' post='2269389']
I was referring to his offensive war with me...
[/quote]
Okay, it was a vague threat against a member of GOONS, not GOONS itself. That isn't a big enough of a difference to make you look any less desperate.

That also doesn't change the fact that you continue to spout nonsense about the CSA affair.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1271877599' post='2269386']
[/quote]

Wait what? You're assuming I'm a solid rock of unchanging Tactics/Methods?

Also, what exactly am I going to lose and why am I going to lose (whatever it is)?

Edited by Hidraca

[quote name='Sardonic' date='21 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1271877812' post='2269388']
You can't just repeat something until it becomes true. CSA aided people attacking us on multiple occasions, they knew damn well what they were doing. They were probably influenced by the web of stupidity that is arrayed against us (which you yourself are now part of).
[/quote]
Wasn't it just one aid slot from one member as your story originally? They were a micro alliance of 3 people and you had them all exterminated for one of them sending aid, you hunted those down until deletion that wanted to leave CSA and join Citadel instead.

[quote name='Methrage' date='21 April 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1271878451' post='2269399']
Wasn't it just one aid slot from one member as your story originally? They were a micro alliance of 3 people and you had them all exterminated for one of them sending aid, [b]you hunted those down until deletion that wanted to leave CSA and join Citadel instead[/b].
[/quote]

so now it's our fault that someone wasn't smart enough to keep within the rules. We didn't delete him. The moderators in their infinite mercy did that.