Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 April 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1271785165' post='2267795']
[color="#0000FF"]For what it is worth, I also strongly encourage others to wish to stand against GOONS and other oppressors to join the Citadel as well.[/color]
[/quote]
Why should people heed your words and take action when you lack the testicular fortitude to do so yourself?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='20 April 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1271791329' post='2267925']
Actively recruiting from GOONS, are we? You're positive you're not a rogue?
[/quote]
If you haven't noticed, I'm under attack from GOONS already filling my slots and got sanctioned moving off a team color, its not like I have reason to pull punches towards GOONS when they are doing all they can to destroy me.

[quote name='Methrage' date='20 April 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1271786224' post='2267824']
I don't plan to make another nation and I'm willing to bet my nation we won't see GOONS around for another year.
[/quote]
I'll take that bet.

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1271792297' post='2267953']
/m\ and GOONS calling anyone a rogue in the way they do this here is an abuse of the language.
[/quote]

so what's your definition of a "rogue", that our use of that term is an abuse of it? Or is your entire message just "hurf durf goons bad"?

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1271792297' post='2267953']
/m\ and GOONS calling anyone a rogue in the way they do this here is an abuse of the language.
[/quote]
I assume you have not done your research on this matter, or else you would know that \m/ no longer allows tech raiding. I would hate it if it turns out you did know that and you're just being ignorant.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 April 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1271794074' post='2267989']
so what's your definition of a "rogue", that our use of that term is an abuse of it? Or is your entire message just "hurf durf goons bad"?
[/quote]
I would consider GOONS to be an alliance gone rogue more than I would consider myself rogue. You guys are the ones acting in a way most of the world finds unacceptable. NSO might have an evil theme, but they do so to make CN more interesting. GOONS only exist to drive players away and satisfy your desire to grief other players by mostly targeting weak unaligned nations. However GOONS compared to other alliances is very weak and acting out in a way that irritates many.

Umbrella and others protecting you guys is the only reason you're still alive, but you guys don't do your allies any favors by being more of a liability than anything else.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1271792297' post='2267953']
[/quote]

From what I've seen from the majority of DAWN folk, the way you play devil's advocate for the sake of a rogue like Methrage, you guys gave yourself quite a misnomer there. Who told you you guys are 'wise' in any way? Oh, I get it...you wanted an acronym that made a word. Good job on that.

[quote name='nippy' date='20 April 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1271794430' post='2267998']
From what I've seen from the majority of DAWN folk, the way you play devil's advocate for the sake of a rogue like Methrage, you guys gave yourself quite a misnomer there. Who told you you guys are 'wise' in any way? Oh, I get it...you wanted an acronym that made a word. Good job on that.
[/quote]
Did a GOONS member just call another alliance's acronym arbitrary?

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1271794358' post='2267994']
It's not my definition. Here is the definition from a dictionary:

This is quite a good description of your alliances.
[/quote]

ah, so you're not using the term as it is typically used within the standard diplomatic terminology, then, Good to know,

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Vilien' date='20 April 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1271794483' post='2267999']
Did a GOONS member just call another alliance's acronym arbitrary?
[/quote]

Hey, at least we're really oppressive and sadistic? I've never really understood the 'negligence' portion, though. :huh:

[quote name='Methrage' date='20 April 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1271794388' post='2267996']
I would consider GOONS to be an alliance gone rogue more than I would consider myself rogue.
[/quote]

I'm sure you would. Luckily, the terminology as accepted within the game doesn't support your brain-worms.

[quote]
You guys are the ones acting in a way most of the world finds unacceptable.
[/quote]

I think the tech raiding issue is much too up in the air for the opinion of "most of the world" to be called one way or another.

[quote]
NSO might have an evil theme, but they do so to make CN more interesting. GOONS only exist to drive players away and satisfy your desire to grief other players by mostly targeting weak unaligned nations.
[/quote]

We bring more people to this world than we drive out. 19 people joined declared their nations this week alone with the express purpose of joining GOONS.

[quote]
However GOONS compared to other alliances is very weak and acting out in a way that irritates many.
[/quote]

we've gone from "most" to "many" have we?

your fist shaking "grr, you'll get yours!" rhetoric gets weaker each time.

Every week since we started this alliance up again, someone has been predicting our imminent doom. Strangely it's never emerged.

Edited by Lamuella

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 April 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1271794500' post='2268000']
ah, so you're not using the term as it is typically used within the game, then, Good to know,
[/quote]
What is this 'game' you speak of?

Good luck in resolving this situation. Though if after ~35 pages it has not. I doubt it ever will.

[quote name='nippy' date='20 April 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1271794717' post='2268006']
Hey, at least we're really oppressive and sadistic? I've never really understood the 'negligence' portion, though. :huh:
[/quote]

I'm still grumpy we didn't use my suggestion:

"GOONS: Our Order's Name, Stupid."

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 April 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1271794831' post='2268011']
I'm still grumpy we didn't use my suggestion:

"GOONS: Our Order's Name, Stupid."
[/quote]

Oh god, that would have been golden. Negligence makes me think of the song "MacArthur Park".

[quote name='nippy' date='20 April 2010 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1271795202' post='2268022']
Oh god, that would have been golden. Negligence makes me think of the song "MacArthur Park".
[/quote]

and now I'm thinking of methrage screaming "GOONS will crumble like a cake left out in the rain!"

I also request a sanction on nippy for roguing me and incorrectly describing me as a nuclear rogue when I didn't have nukes to get me sanctioned, if he gets sanctioned off black as well I'll forgive Umbrella for sanctioning me on black and my opinion of you guys restored.

[quote name='nippy' date='20 April 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1271794430' post='2267998']From what I've seen from the majority of DAWN folk, the way you play devil's advocate for the sake of a rogue like Methrage, you guys gave yourself quite a misnomer there. Who told you you guys are 'wise' in any way? Oh, I get it...you wanted an acronym that made a word. Good job on that.[/quote]You calling him a rogue is the best compliment he could get. He is not the devil in this story.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='20 April 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1271794500' post='2268000']ah, so you're not using the term as it is typically used within the standard diplomatic terminology, then, Good to know,[/quote]the term as it is typically used within the standard diplomatic terminology is technical. It does not say anything about the cause of the "rogue" by this definition being just or not. You (and others) intentionally use the term which usually reflects bad moral to create the impression the "rogue" (by this definition) is evil.

[quote name='Methrage' date='20 April 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1271795339' post='2268030']
I also request a sanction on nippy for roguing me and incorrectly describing me as a nuclear rogue when I didn't have nukes to get me sanctioned, if he gets sanctioned off black as well I'll forgive Umbrella for sanctioning me on black and my opinion of you guys restored.
[/quote]

You're quite a bit of a loon, Methrage. How do you maintain your misguided energy? It's quite baffling that someone could be as all-over-the-place as you are.

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1271794358' post='2267994']
It's not my definition. Here is the definition from a dictionary:

This is quite a good description of your alliances.
[/quote]
Ok, so you're going to use an OOC source to describe an IC term. Next time I won't give your ignorance the benefit of the doubt.

[quote name='Golan 1st' date='20 April 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1271795441' post='2268032']
You calling him a rogue is the best compliment he could get. He is not the devil in this story.

[/quote]

Oh really? Let's hear your synopsis of this entire Methrage vs. GOONS thing. I'd love to hear what you actually know about this situation. Not much, right? :rolleyes: