Conference for a possible League of Anti-Imperialist Leaders

Captain Enema

A native African man wearing a lapel pin of the flag of the Sarnungian Republic arrived, looked very hurried and quite un-diplomatic like with his suit all frayed and the bottoms of his shoes melted by the flames of bombs. He was, however, a diplomat from the Military Government of Sarnunga, and as there was no diplomacy with Italo that didn't involve beheadings he could easily be spared for this conference. "I apologize, sirs, for my appearance. It is hard, escaping airports under the threat of sword."

President Mbembe summons an aid and quietly, out of earshot of the rest of the group, says to him, "Tonight when we are in recess take this man shopping and get him set up with a new suit. After that take him out for a steak with drinks and show the poor fellow a good time. Put it on my expense account and tell the Sarnungian representative I send my best of regards."

"Yes sir," replies the Aide.

"No need to apologize my friend," replies the President as he gestures for the Sarnungian representative to take a seat.

A servitor of the Holy American Empire slid into the room. The man was clothed in the garb of an Imperial Diplomat; the large hood covering his head in shadows. A dull red glow emitted from the eye-region, reflecting off of a few metal patches which covered various parts of the face. The gleam was distinctly unnerving, reminiscent of the glare from a steel sword.

The servitor moved with a sort of clunky grace, awkwardly using a cane to support the cheap prosthetic which replaced half of his right leg. The Imperial representative took a careful seat in the corner of the room; careful to distance himself from the other delegates.

"Interesting." was all he had to say.

"As you know, my Republic has had a somewhat hypocritical stance on imperialism. On the one hand, we have always acted to keep Africa safe from unwanted foreign presences. On the other, we have a past checkered with colonies. I wish to clarify that it has been the current position of the Republic that our past colonial ambitions were in a different age, when colonies were more common and mostly accepted. In the present climate and with the people making themselves known that colonies will not be tolerated, it is our wish that their words be followed and we have stopped our old practices." The representative took a deep breath and sat down, obviously feeling good having gotten that off his chest.

"Imperialism has a bold new face of late, I refer specifically to these protectorates that are being established under false pretenses," states President Mbembe. "I fully understand that in some situations there is a need for a massive deployment of troops to these zones, but far too often this isn't the case. Need we be reminded of the antics of the New England government on the North American continent?" asks Mbembe.

*** Private ***

[u][b]Ministry of External Affairs,
North Africa Desk.
[/b][/u]

"What a joke!! Anti Imperialism!! These jokers and pretenders don't have the guts to act against any real imperialists. People whose policies they don't like they cast as imperialists and start barking at them. Towards true imperialists, they would bend over backwards, every single one of these anti-imperialist clowns."

"Yes, would they dare speak or act against the biggest imperialists like Rebel Army? No. What clowns!! After all it is Sudan who is hosting it, why should anyone expect anything serious from this."

Speaking thus the two junior diplomats went back to their reports.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' date='29 March 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1269908745' post='2240537']
"...But Anti-Imperialism is just Imperialism that defends its own gains through defending the status quo. Anti means something closer to "alternate" rather than opposite."
[/quote]

This man is wise.