Joining the Union

Karl Martin

With the establishment of the government, the individual states have started solidifying its basis. The first to form was Volksreich Burgund.

[center][img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1928/burgundflag.png[/img]
Flag of Volksreich Burgund[/center]

Over the time Europe has been under the flames of war, millions of Germans had moved west into what was formerly the Duchy of Burgundy. This, combined with the various times the Nordic People had ruled the West, allowed the idea of a Germanic Burgundy to spring up. It was the process of going back to the roots, when the Burgundians had come from the North to this place.

The Reichsprotektor is Karl Martin von Hohenzollern.

The second state established is the Duché d'Orléans.

[center][img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3957/duchedefrance.png[/img]
Flag of Duché de France [/center]

Duché de France has been found on the principle that House of Bourbon should return to the throne. Since the French throne had been complete abolished, the royalists enginnered the establishment of a duchy, resulting in Duché de France. There are still conflicts between the Orléanists and the Legitimists, resulting in a split of the French region.

The Duc de France is Henry VII, formerly Prince Henri Philippe Pierre Marie d'Orléans.

Reply to Pacifica:

Volksreich Burgund is just one of the state of Burgundy.

Edited by Karl Martin

Royaume de France is the third state established.

[center][img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4066/500pxpavillonroyaldefra.png[/img]
Flag of Royaume de France[/center]

As a counterpart of Duché de France, the Legitimists set Louis Alphonse de Bourbon as Louis XX. Royaume de France is ultrareactionary, and since they claim the throne of France, there is much potential for interstate conflict. Nevertheless, since it is also the smallest and weakest, it should not be too much a threat.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' date='11 March 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1268331857' post='2222284']
"The state of Lübeck does not recognise the state of Volksreich Burgund."
[/quote]

"Yes, very wise. Refuse recognition of one state of a nation because they just happen to have a Germanic majority. I stand in awe of the diplomatic intelligence of the leadership of Lübeck."

-Adviser Dan Donegan

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='11 March 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1268342924' post='2222442']
"Yes, very wise. Refuse recognition of one state of a nation because they just happen to have a Germanic majority. I stand in awe of the diplomatic intelligence of the leadership of Lübeck."

-Adviser Dan Donegan
[/quote]
"The state of Lübeck is glad to see that whatever nation that spokesman came from acknowledged the unquestionable logic of our great leader."

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' date='11 March 2010 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1268331857' post='2222284']
"The state of Lübeck does not recognise the state of Volksreich Burgund."
[/quote]

"Huh. We wonder if Lubeck realizes that the Volksreich Burgund is a [i]state[/i] in the [i]nation[/i] of Burgundy. Using this logic, it is like refusing to recognize the State of New York while continuing to recognize the Federated States of America."

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' date='11 March 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1268343706' post='2222455']
"The state of Lübeck is glad to see that whatever nation that spokesman came from acknowledged the unquestionable logic of our great leader."
[/quote]

"Spokesman? I'm not my nation's spokesman right now. I just like getting on airwaves and letting arrogant leaders know where they can stick their undeserved egos. Which, normally, is right below the spine, but in your case, I think it's between the shoulders."

-Adviser Dan Donegan

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='11 March 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1268350837' post='2222581']
"Huh. We wonder if Lubeck realizes that the Volksreich Burgund is a [i]state[/i] in the [i]nation[/i] of Burgundy. Using this logic, it is like refusing to recognize the State of New York while continuing to recognize the Federated States of America."
[/quote]
"The Odal Rune is banned in Lübeck, end of."

"That means that you must have manually gone through your land, runestone per runestone, destroying each odal rune in it, breaking work of art from centuries ago...also it means that our language is banned, as well as our war flag, therefore, one may say that being German or Nordlandic in Lübeck is banned, but in order to push your discriminatory laws without much echo from the international community, you blame the Odal for it."

"Well done."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' date='12 March 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1268424751' post='2223552']
"That means that you must have manually gone through your land, runestone per runestone, destroying each odal rune in it, breaking work of art from centuries ago...also it means that our language is banned, as well as our war flag, therefore, one may say that being German or Nordlandic in Lübeck is banned, but in order to push your discriminatory laws without much echo from the international community, you blame the Odal for it."

"Well done."
[/quote]
"I thank you for your kind words."

The fourth state to join Burgundy is Normaundie

[center][img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2432/500pxnormandyflaglarges.png[/img]
Flag of Normaundie[/center]

Under the oppressive French Republic, all individual cultures were streamrolled to make for "French" identity. The rise of Burgundy under Karl Martin has allowed the Normans to reassert themelves as a separate identity. The former departments of Haute-Normandie and Basse-Normandie have been unified, and the cultural character of Normandy, formed with elements from the Anglo-Norman culture as well as Gallic culture is now recognised and preserved. The people of Normaundie belive themselves to be direct inheritors of authentic Normans and also the results of their overseas exploits, and will work to reclaim the territories of the old Duchy.

The titular Duke of Normaundie is Karl Martin von Hohenzollern, and the Chancellor is Philippe Woodland.

[quote name='Sarah%20Tintagyl' date='12 March 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1268437828' post='2223726']
"If it would not be too much trouble for the Burgundian government. Would a map be provided of the various states?"
[/quote]
"We shall do so once all the states have been established."

The fifth state is Provence.

[center][img]http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8158/500pxprovence28alternat.png[/img]
Flag of Provence[/center]

A somewhat strange state, it is the stronghold of the Bonapartists. The President is Charles Marie Jérôme Victor Napoléon Bonaparte.