A Statement from Pork Shrimp

Jack Shepard

I'm here to congratulate my alliance mates on the fantastic effort they gave in Round 9 to bring home the flag.

On planet Steve we roam as Pork Shrimp, but on Planet Bob we are a small group known as the Basketball Ninjas. With only 32 of us, (and fewer who set foot onto Steve), its always been a tough road for us to try and win the flag.

But quality > quantity, and I couldn't have asked for a better and more dedicated group to work with.

In round 7, we finished 7th, in round 8, we inspired some round ending carnage and finished 4th, and in round 9 we inspired carnage again and this time, not only did we get what we came for in the flag, but we finished with 3 nations in the top 5.

Pork Shrimp, Authorized Personnel Only, and the 13 Court Guard were of course in reality, all Pork Shrimp, as was Severus Snape of Spinners End who brought home the bacon. As the man who coined the AA name Pork Shrimp back in round 2, and as co-founder of the Basketball Ninjas, I couldn't be happier with who got us over the line.

So (not that anyone will care since its all about round 10 now), I'd like to thank my alliance mates for some fantastic effort and some long nights in the trenches, many away from families clearing the way for Snape to come through. Thankyou guys, each and every one of you for your efforts either in round 9 or in previous rounds as we edged ever closer.

I'd like to thank The Phoenix Federation, your great friendship since round 2 helped make this possible. We were thrilled to see it come down in the end to a battle of one of us vs a TPF nation for the flag, and we held true to our morals and refused to attack the TPF nation even if it had have meant losing.

Oh, and JKL, you just didn't seem to get that along the way you ceased to be a priority... so this ones for you buddy...
[img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/JackShepardLostIsland/Flag.gif[/img]

We probably won't have much interest in TE now that we have won the flag, so best of luck to those in round 10 and future rounds for those who still have goals to achieve.

Edited by Jack Shepard

I think a lot of people missed this but the DoW thread on you guys was in jest and in character. I didn't even know who Authorized Personnel Only was, I was just trying to get you guys to attack me. Congratulations on the flag. Best of luck in the future.

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='21 February 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1266767836' post='2195061']
I think a lot of people missed this but the DoW thread on you guys was in jest and in character. I didn't even know who Authorized Personnel Only was, I was just trying to get you guys to attack me. Congratulations on the flag. Best of luck in the future.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words...I wish I could have sent more of a fight your way, but my primary mission was preventing last round's winner from repeating as champion, and owing to some rather awful financial mismanagement on my part I didn't have the cash both to keep him in anarchy while being anything more than a punching bag on your front.

Here's hoping for another good round; the oddest flag in creation now flies high!

[quote name='Schad' date='21 February 2010 - 10:20 AM' timestamp='1266769253' post='2195082']
Thanks for the kind words...I wish I could have sent more of a fight your way, but my primary mission was preventing last round's winner from repeating as champion, and owing to some rather awful financial mismanagement on my part I didn't have the cash both to keep him in anarchy while being anything more than a punching bag on your front.

Here's hoping for another good round; the oddest flag in creation now flies high!
[/quote]

You fought well with the resources you had. I was just giving you guys a hard time. :)

[size="3"][font="Arial"]Thanks to all (both within the BN Alliance and external) for making this a truly awesome Round.

It took A LOT of planning and good stuff for everyone (not just we who won) to get even into the Top 10 and remain there this Round.

It took an exuberant amount of NS and building to win it all this time around, and I tip my hat off to my fellow AA mates at BN, and to all who participated this Round (and some good fighting too I had this Round w/ some TOP, MHA and Perth guys :D ). :wub:

:ph34r:

--Mags[/font][/size]