Cessation of Hostilities

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Katsumi' date='16 February 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1266380703' post='2187023']
It was a good and challenging war, and thankfully it's now over.

Something is missing in this document though... *cackles*
[/quote]

Bernkastel for Hydra viceroy?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='16 February 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1266368018' post='2186582']
I actually offered you that a month before you left, don't try to make it sound like I begged and pleaded for you to stay by offering you a position

As well, it isn't mentioned in the first post, but Hydra has agreed to write a review on a fine piece of Anime. Naturally, as any good leader operates, I will delegate that responsibility to the Minister of Foreign Affairs! :D
[/quote]

That could have been me! :o

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='16 February 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1266371905' post='2186662']
Jaq is correct, the position was offered prior to my departure. But he didnt like me then either - shows desparation I guess regardless of chronology.

And having to do an anime review... Surrender was obviously not enough of a humiliation.

I am ashamed to have been a part of this alliance.

But here is a cartoon story for you:

"Once a big purple monster that had seven heads went to war.
It said roar - ROAR
The daft looking kitten it fought said - Miow
The nasty purple monster gave in to the little kitten without acually fighting"

Acurate?

And delegating the review - Jaq - take personal responsibility, after all it was you who agreed to peace and caved in.

M6
[/quote]

It would have been less of a struggle to say you don't like Hydra. It probably would have saved you a lot of spelling mistakes and our time reading your.. I don't even know what to call it :P

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='17 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1266388724' post='2187226']
That could have been me! :o[/quote]

Nah, plans were made and you would have been long gone before this. :P

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='17 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1266388724' post='2187226']It would have been less of a struggle to say you don't like Hydra. It probably would have saved you a lot of spelling mistakes and our time reading your.. I don't even know what to call it :P[/quote]

^ this.

Hydra doesn't need your bashing. They have done all that was asked of them.

:wub: Hydra

EDIT: Fail Quote

Edited by President S O

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='16 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266371905' post='2186662']
Jaq is correct, the position was offered prior to my departure. But he didnt like me then either - shows desparation I guess regardless of chronology.

And having to do an anime review... Surrender was obviously not enough of a humiliation.

It said roar - ROAR

Acurate?

And delegating the review - Jaq - take personal responsibility, after all it was you who agreed to peace and caved in.

M6
[/quote]

Wait, didn't you leave the alliance because things didn't work the way you liked? Didn't you run away? There's more than one way to take your ball and go home.

To an outsider, you're not making yourself look too great by continuing this.

Edited by sammykhalifa

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='16 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266371905' post='2186662']

It said roar - ROAR

Acurate?

M6
[/quote]

Accurate? no because:
ROAR should be RAWR, duh
Miow??? should definitely be MEOW

anyways...

Can I delegate the tab for all the drinks we've been ordering on the MoFA or Jac? :P

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='16 February 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1266371905' post='2186662']

It said roar - ROAR

Acurate?

M6
[/quote]

As I recall the only thing you were good at in Hydra was voicing displeasure. On what little I was consulted about in getting you involved in Hydra Gov before I left was generally replied with a "I want problems solved not created".

From the battles I saw Hydra did just fine doing it's part in this @$#@! war and am glad to see that they have made their peace and can now start working on rebuilding their alliance and getting Purple Unity back on track.

Jac, Ligs, Josh, LB and all the others in Hydra Gov that I had the extreme honor of working with when I was there - You did good and are continuing to make Hydra a great alliance.

Finally - :wub: Dera

[quote name='ligolski' date='17 February 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1266417603' post='2187540']
Can I delegate the tab for all the drinks we've been ordering on the MoFA or Jac? :P
[/quote]

You really had to type MoFA instead of my name? :mellow:

Thanks everyone else for the kind wishes :wub:

[quote]Wait, didn't you leave the alliance because things didn't work the way you liked? Didn't you run away? There's more than one way to take your ball and go home.[/quote]

If by run away you mean I disagreed with the reluctance they showed to fight for TPF and thus launched wars against Athens and co, yes you are right. I ran away into a fight I could not win alone. I guess this shows the cowardice you hint at?

[quote]Accurate? no because:
ROAR should be RAWR, duh
Miow??? should definitely be MEOW[/quote]

I apologise if the creativity I exibit in spelling is beyond you. But you seem to have got the jist so I score that as a win in communication 101.

[quote]Most fun, and least destructive war I've fought to date. [/quote]

Most likely as Hydra surrendered early and did not put up a real fight.

[quote]To an outsider, you're not making yourself look too great by continuing this[/quote]

But better than Hydra appear for failing to fight.
And yes - the popularity of the OWF is actually my goal.

M6

Bludd, still love you man, just dump the losers in Hydra.

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='17 February 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1266446865' post='2188173']
If by run away you mean I disagreed with the reluctance they showed to fight for TPF and thus launched wars against Athens and co, yes you are right. I ran away into a fight I could not win alone. I guess this shows the cowardice you hint at?

[/quote]
Now you are just downright lying. We were fully prepared to support our allies if they so chose to get involved for TPF. As I recall you decided to leave early and hit iFOK nations which were totally unrelated to the war btw. Then you proceeded to get sanctioned, and overall fail completely at being a rogue. Yup, you sure showed Athens who was boss.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

If failed means getting an Athens nation to quit said alliance and pay me 50 tech as reps for the honour of fighting me you are correct.
I did also hit an iFOK nation - it is traditional when I go rogue. But also non-tangential.

And having seen Hydras support for allies, [which as this surrender shows involves caving in as soon as possible], I would rather fail as a rogue than fail as an alliance leader.

Also I have pretty much been at war all this year - using doctrines I tried to teach Hydra. I now see my time was wasted as Hydra have no stones for battle.

M6

[quote name='M6 Redneck' date='17 February 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1266448265' post='2188224']
If failed means getting an Athens nation to quit said alliance and pay me 50 tech as reps for the honour of fighting me you are correct.
I did also hit an iFOK nation - it is traditional when I go rogue. But also non-tangential.

And having seen Hydras support for allies, [which as this surrender shows involves caving in as soon as possible], I would rather fail as a rogue than fail as an alliance leader.

Also I have pretty much been at war all this year - using doctrines I tried to teach Hydra. I now see my time was wasted as Hydra have no stones for battle.

M6
[/quote]

You think that because you have the wonders of your old larger self, that when you beat newer nations with none of those wonders, that you are good at fighting. Try fighting someone with wonders equal to your own, and see if you come out on top.