Clarification from The Legion

[quote name='LucasSnow' date='12 February 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1265954450' post='2177013']
Not for not peacing out, but for misleading us that they had, and then throwing it back in our faces and trying to put the blame on us. White peace was offered twice, it was thrown back in our faces twice. This is an insult to Sparta and they obviously don't want the peace, so we will fight. Peace will not be offered again.
[/quote]

The only logs I've seen of the conversation don't have Sparta offering white peace. The peace offered in those logs have Sparta offering peace contingent on an agreeing not to reenter the war. That's a term, and is therefore not white peace. I read the log as Hubb trying to clarify that point with Sparta, and you guys misunderstanding that. Legion says they didn't agree. You can't provide logs proving they did. You provided easily misunderstood logs, after which Hubb himself stated he wasn't agreeing to peace. So you're condemning an alliance to death for, at best a misunderstanding, and at worst because they won't agree to peace with you.

The fact that you believe that your petty alliance can destroy the Legion, where others who are both larger and smarter than you have failed, speaks pages about Sparta. That you're actually planning to try over something so ridiculous speaks volumes.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1265954195' post='2176992']
..You're condemning to death an alliance who entered the war in defense of their allies because they don't want to peace out early? Wow, Sparta. You suck.
[/quote]
Sparta continues to show the kind of alliance they are, not really surprising they would pull something like this though.

[quote name='Methrage' date='12 February 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1265954846' post='2177044']
Sparta continues to show the kind of alliance they are, not really surprising they would pull something like this though.
[/quote]

Sparta is an alliance with a clean and healthy history. The government would never dare ruin our reputation through these low means on such a pitiful alliance.

[quote name='joracy' date='12 February 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1265954715' post='2177032']
And your second in command and MoFA stating that they thought you had given them orders to get peace, and the MoFA entering into negotiations to finalize the white peace came from where? Your governments failure to communicate with it's self, both in private and across the number of threads currently active, as well as it's failure to properly communicate with the alliances you were surrendering to is what caused this problem.

As for all the legion members RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGING about the sigs...you guys realize you did the same thing last night right? Are you going to remove your government for being just as incompetent as Sparta?
[/quote]
Joracy get your facts straight. This is imperials [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80612&view=findpost&p=2176372"]post[/url] about the peace negotiations. I can't say any more than that. I am actually disappointed in you. :(

Instead of poking fingers at each other. Just start over. K?

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1265954839' post='2177042']
The only logs I've seen of the conversation don't have Sparta offering white peace. The peace offered in those logs have Sparta offering peace contingent on an agreeing not to reenter the war. That's a term, and is therefore not white peace. I read the log as Hubb trying to clarify that point with Sparta, and you guys misunderstanding that. Legion says they didn't agree. You can't provide logs proving they did. You provided easily misunderstood logs, after which Hubb himself stated he wasn't agreeing to peace. So you're condemning an alliance to death for, at best a misunderstanding, and at worst because they won't agree to peace with you.

The fact that you believe that your petty alliance can destroy the Legion, where others who are both larger and smarter than you have failed, speaks pages about Sparta. That you're actually planning to try over something so ridiculous speaks volumes.
[/quote]
Pez stop making so much damn sense....it confuses me.

Thank you pezzy

[quote name='Strykewolf' date='12 February 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1265954946' post='2177051']
Instead of poking fingers at each other. Just start over. K?

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I thought we were using toenails...

[quote name='T.Hubb' date='12 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1265954767' post='2177039']
No,I don't think so. White peace was put on the table once. The night before you wanted us to pay 800 million in reps which we balked at. White peace was on the table today. Quit your posturing and get your facts straight.
[/quote]
I believe it was 600mil. Obviously you have no clue what was/is going on here, and our side was foolish to think otherwise.

[quote name='delendum' date='12 February 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1265954922' post='2177048']
I don't really see a problem with you declining white peace. Just be a bit more clear about it next time, obviously somebody got the wrong message.
[/quote]

And I'm fine with that. Obviously my words were misunderstood. I can be reasonable. :awesome:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='12 February 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1265954684' post='2177031']
Sparta wouldn't have posted the sigs if it didn't seem clear to them that they had accepted the terms. After all, as we can see here, all it takes is one post for the party who disagrees to clarify the issue. There is no motive and no reason for this supposed crime.
[/quote]
Finally somebody posted something sensible. I'm surprised it only took 11 pages.

[quote name='Methrage' date='12 February 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1265954846' post='2177044']
[/quote]
"OH GOD! Sparta posted misinformation provided to them by our MoFA, backed by statements of understanding and general complacency by our leader; regarding our very lenient peace!!" ~ A Legion Member.

"I guess peace is a no go, we'll have fun nuking you n stuff" ~ A Spartan

The Shame. <_<

Note: "having fun nuking someone is morally wrong" does not belong in a Spartan's linguistics set.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='wandmdave' date='12 February 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1265955076' post='2177060']
I believe it was 600mil. Obviously you have no clue what was/is going on here, and our side was foolish to think otherwise.
[/quote]

No, no. You asked for 800 million first. We balked and said 300-400 at most. We met in the middle with 600.

Protip: Get all your facts together before you call someone else a fool.

[quote name='wandmdave' date='12 February 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1265955076' post='2177060']
[/quote]
lol....since all the other points of argument have been roundly rejected you are now nit picking about the exorbitance of the reps you wanted. Bravo...600 million is WAY more lenient that 800 million. Good point you have there.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='12 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1265954684' post='2177031']
Sparta wouldn't have posted the sigs if it didn't seem clear to them that they had accepted the terms. After all, as we can see here, all it takes is one post for the party who disagrees to clarify the issue. There is no motive and no reason for this supposed crime.
[/quote]
You're correct, Chief. However when a party clarifies the point, you shouldn't flame them and blame everything on them. There's a decorum to diplomacy.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='12 February 2010 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1265954684' post='2177031']
[/quote]
You see, this is the exact same thing I said to Hyperion when he was raging that Legion had forged SoL's signatures. I'm really glad SoL didn't troll their own surrender thread and then make a new thread calling Legion liars and forgers. That would have just been unseemly.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1265955275' post='2177073']
lol....since all the other points of argument have been roundly rejected you are now nit picking about the exorbitance of the reps you wanted. Bravo...600 million is WAY more lenient that 800 million. Good point you have there.
[/quote]
Merely pointing out yet another inconsistency from your gov, but don't let me distract you from your delusions.

[quote name='T.Hubb' date='12 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1265954767' post='2177039']
No,I don't think so. White peace was put on the table once. The night before you wanted us to pay 800 million in reps which we balked at. White peace was on the table today. Quit your posturing and get your facts straight.
[/quote]
We offered 600 reps, our allies pushed us to go to white peace which we did last night. It was rejected by LF. It was offered AGAIN today by Asgaard.

You should really talk to your second in command more often. Like a lot more often.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='12 February 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1265955196' post='2177065']
"OH GOD! Sparta posted misinformation provided to them by our MoFA, backed by statements of understanding and general complacency by our leader; regarding our very lenient peace!!" ~ A Legion Member.

"I guess peace is a no go, we'll have fun nuking you n stuff" ~ A Spartan

The Shame. <_<

Note: "having fun nuking someone is morally wrong" does not belong in a Spartan's linguistics set.
[/quote]
I was mostly referring to you guys trying to threaten them with complete destruction over your gov misunderstanding that they hadn't accepted accepted peace and wanted to stick with their allies to the end. Have fun nuking though.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1265955287' post='2177074']
You're correct, Chief. However when a party clarifies the point, you shouldn't flame them and blame everything on them. There's a decorum to diplomacy.
[/quote]
But when a party clarifies their point AND attempts a publicity stunt, i believe diplomacy would have jumped off the table.

[quote name='unitedblahcentral' date='12 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1265955531' post='2177083']
But when a party clarifies their point AND attempts a publicity stunt, i believe diplomacy would have jumped off the table.
[/quote]
What publicity stunt? This thread, where we explicitly clarify our position?

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1265954839' post='2177042']

[/quote]

Yes, how very terrible of us to not allow Legion rejoin the war. See I know see the problem Karma started was people finding a way to !@#$%* about every little thing whether they actually care or not.

Yes, also please show me where we officially declared we would try and disband Legion. Quite honestly, you have no idea what you're even speaking about. We aren't upset because they won't peace. We're upset because a government member of theirs came up to us apparently lying.

Regardless of this 'fiasco', whatever is discussed here is irrelevant. What's important is:

1. The Legion is still at war.
2. MASH and QUANTUM have peaced out, and won't be re-entering this conflict, therefore weakening The Legion's ally base.
3. Those who were in conflict with said previous alliances can declare war on The Legion and make their pixels melt more :v:

E-lawyering is pointless at this point. So is trolling Legion. They've made their point. Make yours by destroying their nations.

[quote name='Methrage' date='12 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1265955507' post='2177082']
I was mostly referring to you guys trying to threaten them with complete destruction over your gov misunderstanding that they hadn't accepted accepted peace and wanted to stick with their allies to the end. Have fun nuking though.
[/quote]
Forgive Hyperion, he likes destroying stuff? (Edit: I'm pretty sure he was talking about pixels, btw, like, 100% sure.)

He also hates being dragged around in circles and called out on the OWF about something he thought was mutually understood and comprehended. So yeah.

Edited by wilhelm the demented

[quote name='wandmdave' date='12 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1265955428' post='2177078']
Merely pointing out yet another inconsistency from your gov, but don't let me distract you from your delusions.
[/quote]
Dilusions? Once again I ask you to point me to a log where Hubb actually accepts your terms please. Your government forged sigs...that isn't a delusion because that happened. Also if you read hubbs post [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80612&view=findpost&p=2177069"]here[/url] he clearly explains the discrepancy.