And the Short Bus Rolls Again

The above beer reviews are horrid.

So post a better one! :P

Here's one I did a while back for the Farkers:

My reviews look at

Color(including texture/head), smell, taste, other.

Ratings:

1=Old flat beer found in an ashtray in a long-abandoned, sleezy bar.

5=Your average, every-day beer. Nothing special, but it gets the job done.

10=Surely this beer was brewed by God himself, for you will orgasm just by looking at the bottle.

So I went to Kroger's and bought a build-your-own 6 pack. This looked interesting enough:

michelob_jacks_pumpkin.jpg

Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale

A Michelob Brewing Co. product which features a stupid-looking scarecrow/pumkinhead and so much text that it runs over the picture on both sides. Boasts of nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove and weighs in at 5.5% alcohol by volume. Nice.

Color:

The head came out thicker than I expected. It kind of looks like sea-foam but has a nice cream color. The beer is a friendly tranparent-red-amber, and the head is very insistent about covering the entire top of the glass. It has a light carbonation and a slightly-mediumish weight. Goes down pretty easily and feels like a lager. Definitely gets you thinking about thanksgiving/holiday season.

Smell:

Well, my nose is a little stopped up right now, which sucks because this beer smells good. It's a combination of a cinnamon rolls, pumkin pie, and beer! Hell, if women smelled like this, I'd have at least a dozen restraining orders against me... ok ok ok. a dozen more :blush:

Taste:

Tastes a lot like it smells. I imagine this is what beer would taste like if I swigged some immediately after swallowing a bite of pumkin pie. The clove and nutmeg are fairly present, and the beer is pretty flowery and malty. The aftertaste is heavy on the alcohol then quickly gives way to a pleasant savoryness. This is where the cinnamon really comes out. And oh! a foamy burp! Yum!

Other:

I'd call this a nice desert beer. Not something you'd pound down while watching the game, but something you'd sip for a while after a nice meal. Then you go, "ah, that was nice. Got any normal beer?"

6.4/10