bad luck with resources? me too

username

admin do something with resources, it is not ok to be left behind because you had bad luck with resources, you could even the pros and cons for every resources, so every resources has it s advantages and disadvantages, now nobody want to trade with you if you have furs gems lead...

i hope that you are planning some changes about it...

have you had luck with getting good resources

admin do something with resources, it is not ok to be left behind because you had bad luck with resources, you could even the pros and cons for every resources, so every resources has it s advantages and disadvantages, now nobody want to trade with you if you have furs gems lead...

i hope that you are planning some changes about it...

have you had luck with getting good resources

I have Coal/rubber, which are both part of the industrial resource set. I guess I'm not SOL like some people but I do have to pay for trades.

I agree that resources need to be balanced, or a wonder (expensive) put in that lets you put advanced research into harvesting a certain resource, allowing you to get it in place of one of your resources.

As someone with furs/silver, i can feel your pain.

i had okay luck with getting resources. i was dealt spices and wheat. i've kept the fast food/beer/contstr. set for a while now and it does the trick. still, i wouldn't mind water and iron or something like that.

IMO, you gotta deal with what you get...kinda like how it would be in RL. but that's arguable.

Uranium and Spices have never really given me stable trades, it's hard to find good resources and the traders quite often pullout (athough I did manage to have some trades that lasted a couple of months). But today I was offered a trade circle so finally I think I will have permanent stability and some really decent resources

Let's see:

Uranium - it's a fine resource... to get through trades. When you purchase nukes you want to get rid of it since it's a waste of a good resource slot.

Furst - just like gold... with bigger income bonus

Gold - decent for tech sellers, horrible for everyone else

If you have anything else you can go for one of the good&popular resource sets, but if you've got Gold or Furs you can pretty much just quit playing unless you can find extremely friendly people to trade with (or tech cows if you have gold). Those with Uranium have to rely on finding new people who need to purchase nukes all the time.

The resource system is and has always been the worst part of CN. There has been lots of talk about it since the last time resources were added and even before it. That's almost two years. It's about time something is done about it instead of just implementing bonus resources which boost the already overpowered resources.

Anyone that says that uranium is a bad resource EVER is just plain clueless. I love my uranium trade and will keep it and have kept it at max nukes. First off, the income bonus you get while not having nukes is awesome, plus oyu get an infra reduction cost which does large nations alot of good. Plus I think having the ability to rebuy nukes during a war is invaluable to a nation, especially nowadays. Most nations have to rearrange trades during a war to get access to uranium to rebuy their stocks of nukes, i don't, and it's great.

Well I have Cattle and Marble, I'm not complaining, this is my first nation, but my cousin got Coal and Furs on his first nation, then he started over, and got Lumber and gems, we are trading now. I like the agriculture trade set, but the one I have no is much better, the only difference being a 6.5% less pop, for a 9% increase in price off of Infra and an additional 5% off of the Infra upkeep cost. And other than that, I'm also getting $1 less than the Beer/Construction/Fast Food set. So I'm happy.

I have marble and fish, however I had an old nation with oil and wine so I can empathize with how difficult it can be to maintain good trades if you get the short end of the stick. (I deleted right after great war 2 and used my rebuilding aid to start a new nation with better resources)

Anyone that says that uranium is a bad resource EVER is just plain clueless. I love my uranium trade and will keep it and have kept it at max nukes. First off, the income bonus you get while not having nukes is awesome, plus oyu get an infra reduction cost which does large nations alot of good. Plus I think having the ability to rebuy nukes during a war is invaluable to a nation, especially nowadays. Most nations have to rearrange trades during a war to get access to uranium to rebuy their stocks of nukes, i don't, and it's great.

I've got Uranium and I have terrible difficulty with trades. It's seen as unattractive, esp with the -1 environment.

What's the income bonus?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone that says that uranium is a bad resource EVER is just plain clueless. I love my uranium trade and will keep it and have kept it at max nukes. First off, the income bonus you get while not having nukes is awesome, plus o

you get an infra reduction cost which does large nations alot of good.

Thank you! I think Uranium suffers from poor marketing.