San Marino DoE

Stefano Palmieri

--San Marino, San Marino--

Palazzo Pubblico

Parliament_San_Marino.jpg

Captain Regent Stefano Palmieri walked into the Palazzo Pubblico. It was a big day for him, bigger then when he was first elected Captain Regent, the highest honor you could get in San Marino. He was announcing the Independence of the small City State from Italy. He walked out onto the balcony and Breathed Deeply,

"Ladies and Gentlemen of San Marino and of the world,

I come before you today as one of the Captain Regents of San Marino. Except today is different. I do not come before you as the head of a state with in a state, I come before you as one of the first two captain regents of a new Independent San Marino. Our Bretheren in Italy have graciously granted us full independence from them. We are now the newest nation on the face of the earth. Myself and Francesco Mussoni, promise to lead our people and our state to the best of our human ability. We will lead our people into a new era, one of prosperity that we have full control over. We look forward to working with Italy and Other nations in the future, but now is our time and We stand untied for the future of the Serenissima Repubblica di San Marino (Most Serene Republic of San Marino)

OOC: Yeah I suck at speeches I know.

Edited by Marquis Chris 1

...and We stand untied...

OOC: You sure that's what you want to say, mate? :P

Anyway, that's actually not such a bad speech. You give yourself too little credit.

IC: "My personal congratulations to this new state. I cannot actually extend recognition, as that is not within my power, but I can congratulate you on your formation."

~Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke Queendom of Australia