Northern Rhodesia Gains Independence From Transvaal

Rhodesia

zw-rho68.gif

Northern Rhodesia Gains Independence; New Country Named Rhodesia

20hmxxz.jpg

Livingstone, Rhodesia

Today, December 2, 2009, marks the day of the independence of Northern Rhodesia from Transvaal, now calling itself simply Rhodesia. This new republic, under the charge of General Rhodes, aims to take a more nationalistic approach to Northern Rhodesian politics. Formally a sovereign nation as part of both Southern Franzharia and the Seventh Reich, Northern Rhodesia would revert back to Transvaler control, at which point it was designated as 'Black Usage Land.' However, recent movements have brought ethnic whites back into Northern Rhodesia, as many of the British in the area rallied around General Rhodes new message. Advocating a message of old Rhodesian nationalism, General Rhodes was able to draw a lot of support in a short time, creating the opportunity for a full independence movement.

"Northern Rhodesia is a place with a long history of change. We've been independent and reabsorbed several times. I harbor no ill-will or hard feelings for Transvaal, rather the issue is our identity as a nation. Northern Rhodesia has been beset by weak independent governments which has ultimately led to our being reabsorbed, which at the time was a very necessary thing. Now, however, I believe we Rhodesians are truly ready to step out on our own as a sovereign nation that can actually stand by itself. We are ready to take that bold step to independence. We will be reviving the symbols of the Old Rhodesia. Although they were originally used by the nation that inhabited South Rhodesia, they still stand for the sovereignty and solidarity of all Rhodesians.

We can now finally be recognized as a group and nation of our own. Rhodesians. That's what we are. We are British in origin, but we are strikingly independent from them. We are not Australians, we are not Afrikaners or South Africans, we are not New Zealanders, we are Rhodesians, a people of free spirit and unique nationality. We shall prove it in our national solidarity, our will to govern ourselves, and our triumph over the volatile obstacles of the world we are born into."

Rhodesia is a tiny, under developed, and new nation at 1 days old with citizens primarily of British ethnicity whose religion is Christianity. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens pay extremely high taxes and many despise their government as a result. The citizens of Rhodesia work diligently to produce Fish and Lead as tradable resources for their nation. It is a very passive country when it comes to foreign affairs and has no interests in war. When it comes to nuclear weapons Rhodesia will not research or develop nuclear weapons. The military of Rhodesia has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Rhodesia does not allow any form of government protests. Its armed police forces work quickly at "dissolving" any and all government protests. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Rhodesia has no definite position on free speech. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. The government of Rhodesia will trade with any other country regardless of ethical consequences.

Hail Rhodesia.

OOC: I will be playing under Botha's Law of RP and lay claim to the territory of Zambia.

Edited by Rhodesia

INDEPENDENCE OF RHODESIA

By agreement between the Republic of Transvaal and the Provisional Authorities located in Northern Rhodesia (assigned to General Rhodes of Rhodesia):

1) the Republic of Transvaal hereby recognises the complete and full independence of this territorial authority, henceforth known as Rhodesia, from the Republic effective one minute after update December 3, 2009.

2) the Republic of Transvaal is hereby granted a grandfathered overlapping territorial clause (also known as the Lübeck Clause). Should said independent territory leave RP, lose or relinquish their assigned territories, nation deletion, or leave the game, Transvaal immediately regains said territory.

3) the Republic of Transvaal promises not to interfere in the internal social-political forces within Rhodesia, which likewise promises not to interfere in the internal social-politics of the Republic.

4) Due to the Botha Line Doctine in effect over Southern Africa, Rhodesia is assumed to have the political and military protection of Transvaal at the Republic’s discretion.

Signed on this day of December 2, 2009

Botha

State President of the Republic of Transvaal

Government House, Pretoria

INDEPENDENCE OF RHODESIA

By agreement between the Republic of Transvaal and the Provisional Authorities located in Northern Rhodesia (assigned to General Rhodes of Rhodesia):

1) the Republic of Transvaal hereby recognises the complete and full independence of this territorial authority, henceforth known as Rhodesia, from the Republic effective one minute after update December 3, 2009.

2) the Republic of Transvaal is hereby granted a grandfathered overlapping territorial clause (also known as the Lübeck Clause). Should said independent territory leave RP, lose or relinquish their assigned territories, nation deletion, or leave the game, Transvaal immediately regains said territory.

3) the Republic of Transvaal promises not to interfere in the internal social-political forces within Rhodesia, which likewise promises not to interfere in the internal social-politics of the Republic.

4) Due to the Botha Line Doctine in effect over Southern Africa, Rhodesia is assumed to have the political and military protection of Transvaal at the Republic’s discretion.

Signed on this day of December 2, 2009

Botha

State President of the Republic of Transvaal

Government House, Pretoria

General Rhodes

Acting President of the Republic of Rhodesia

The Government of Transvaal applaudes the decision of the Rhodesian people to strike out on their own path.

It reminds us of our very own declaration of independence almost three years ago as we said "no more" to the corrupt, roguish behavior of Nelson Mandela (IG) of South Africa (IG). However, in this instance, our two people remain as respectful friends united by our common settler culture and history.

Thus, to futher cement the common goodwill between Transvaal and Rhodesia, Staatspresident Botha has authorised the Ministry of Finace & Trade to grant R3,000,000 in foreign aid to help assist.

OOC: go check your IG foreign aids

With the influx of foreign aid to Rhodesia from Transvaal, major infrastructure projects were set in motion. This has given Rhodesia the ability to not only construct 3 factories in Livingstone, but also a harbor on the Zambezi. This has also allowed for an increase in citizenship, the working population now soaring to 4,068, as well as a swelling the ranks of the military to 1,125. While Rhodesia is still small, the generous foreign aid from Transvaal has allowed Rhodesia to start of on good footing.

OOC: As you are new and have Lead as a resource, I would highly suggest rerolling. It might not seem like much now, but having Lead will heavily stunt your nation's growth, as it is a horrible resource whose optimal trade set is wretched as well.

OOC: I think I'll stick with it. I'm only one trade away from that optimal trade set, which I don't find that bad, aside from the fact that Botha already aided me 3 million. I've played the game before, so I know it's not the best resource, but I don't find it to be the worst either, considering every trade set I've ever had has lead in it.

OOC: Must....resist....cussing out Rhodesia.

IC: Yuktobania welcomes Rhodesia to the world.

OOC: lulz, why must you resist that?

IC:

"I thank all who recognize the sovereignty and independence of Rhodesia. We shall continue in our strides for Rhodesian nationalism and cultural independence."

-General Rhodes

RHODESIA BEGINS TO PRODUCE INDUSTRIAL GOODS

Through the recent expansion of trade, the Republic of Rhodesia has been able to set up several lucrative industries within the nation, which include the production of Affluent Living Materials. Such materials are crafted in the apparent Southern African Colonial style and are manufactured to be top quality goods which will begin export to fill the houses of the affluent around the globe. Rhodesia is now able to also produce microchips, steel, and fine jewelry to supplement the economy as well.

Tahoe sincerely congratulates Northern Rhodesia on their independence

"Thank you to Disparu and Tahoe for their recognition of Rhodesian sovereignty. We know that Tahoe and Transvaal are great allies. Perhaps in the future once all of our affairs are consolidated, we can open more diplomatic channels with Tahoe."

His Excellency William Nolan has been dispatched by the Tahoan Government to serve as Ambassador to Rhodesia. Previously Mr. Nolan has worked as the Embassy of the Tahoe Republic in Pretoria as the expert on Northern Transvaal affairs, thus he is well equipped with a range of knowledge about the region.

His Excellency William Nolan has been dispatched by the Tahoan Government to serve as Ambassador to Rhodesia. Previously Mr. Nolan has worked as the Embassy of the Tahoe Republic in Pretoria as the expert on Northern Transvaal affairs, thus he is well equipped with a range of knowledge about the region.

"Excellent. If Tahoe is willing, we would wish to send an ambassador, Henry Thompson, to your nation. We are honored to host such a seasoned and tenured Ambassador as William Nolan in our humble nation."

-General Rhodes

"Welcome to Africa and the world stage. Serca officially rrecognizes our new southern neighbor."

"We thank our northern neighbors for their recognition and warm welcome."